General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind a tray of beers, you'd get the fridge on her arse.

I reckon I could iron my shirts on that :(

Voted two. Went out this afternoon after I got back from my 4.5hr spell in A&E

BTW, I'm getting a sinking feeling that we'll see Cameron stood on the steps of no.10 tomorrow morning... :icon_lol:

Didnt convert you then :(

Convert me? :( Better people than you have tried and failed so don't waste your energy. :(

I have a brother who's a staunch Thatcherite and I've had to endure 20 years of propaganda.

I can make my own mind up thanks! :icon_lol:

BTW, I'm getting a sinking feeling that we'll see Cameron stood on the steps of no.10 tomorrow morning... :icon_lol:

Convert me? :( Better people than you have tried and failed so don't waste your energy. :(

I have a brother who's a staunch Thatcherite and I've had to endure 20 years of propaganda.

Well you were pretty undecided a few days ago iirc so was there a particular incident or policy that swung you.

Well you were pretty undecided a few days ago iirc so was there a particular incident or policy that swung you.

Was I? Or was I simply non-disclosing?

I've known who I was truly voting for for a couple of weeks now - been interesting to watch what's happened since to see if it's justified.

10 pm CT, I hope all that shit is coming off your posts. Get a pic of your pissing asparagus back up or something.

" Ignore" :(

If I put him on ignore as well I might as well just ban mesel.

10 pm CT, I hope all that shit is coming off your posts. Get a pic of your pissing asparagus back up or something.

" Ignore" :(

If I put him on ignore as well I might as well just ban mesel.

:(

Going for the Sympathy vote?

Thu, 06 May 2010 12:07:06 +0100

Ukip's Nigel Farage pulled unconscious from plane crash

Nigel Farage, the Ukip candidate, has had an extraordinary escape after his plane towing an election banner crashed into a field.

Mr Farage, was pulled semi-conscious from the wreckage with blood running down his swollen face after the light aircraft crashed upside down at Hinton-in-the-Hedges airfield, near Brackley, Northants.

Amazingly the politician, who is contesting Speaker John Bercow’s seat in Buckingham, walked away from the crash with only minor head injuries.

The aircraft was pulling a purple and yellow Ukip banner which allegedly got caught up in the tail fin of the aircraft when it took off just after 8am. The banner carried the slogan "Vote for your country - Vote Ukip".

Mr Farage, 46, was found still strapped into his cockpit seat, bent double and face down under the plane. He was pulled from the tangled wreckage still dressed in a pin-stripe suit, blue shirt and tie, with a Ukip rosette attached.

Mr Farage, a Ukip MEP and the party’s chief spokesman, was taken to Horton General Hospital in Banbury suffering from minor head injuries.

The pilot, Justin Adams, was more seriously hurt and lost his shoes in the impact of the crash. He was taken to Walsgrave Hospital in Coventry. His condition is not said to be life-threatening.

Eyewitnesses told how the pilot and Mr Farage were in the front seats of the plane when it banked and suddenly plummeted. A worker at nearby Hinton Airfield said the crash happened seconds after take-off.

He said: “It actually came down on the airfield, I was working in the hanger when I saw everyone running down towards it.

“It is unusual for us to have a take off that early in the morning but the conditions were good and fine for flying.

“The plane itself was not broken up that much by the crash because it hadn't gone that far and luckily hadn't got too high.

“Everyone was on the scene very quickly and it's good the pilot and the passenger both seem to have escaped relatively unscathed.”

Chris Adams, Ukip parliamentary candidate for Aylesbury, said: "Nigel was unconscious but he can talk. He's been coming in and out of consciousness and is now being X-rayed."

A Ukip spokesman confirmed his injuries were minor and added: “Ukip is sure that everybody involved in today's General Election will join us in hoping and praying that the pilot recovers from his injuries as soon as possible."

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) has launched an inquiry into the crash, which happened just after 8am.

The plane's registration is G-BWDF and according to the Civil Aviation Authority the owner is Sky Banners in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey. It is a PZL-104 Wilga 35A, a Polish fixed-wing landplane.

It had left the Winchester area early today and flew into Hinton. The accident happened as it was taking off again from Hinton to fly over Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.

An AAIB spokesman confirmed an investigation was under way and refused to speculate on the cause of the crash.

He said: "The AAIB are investigating and that's all there is to say so soon after an accident.

"We need to determine the circumstances of the crash and it is too soon to start speculating on the cause of the incident.

"A report will be published when it is good and ready."

BTW, I'm getting a sinking feeling that we'll see Cameron stood on the steps of no.10 tomorrow morning... :stars:

Was I? Or was I simply non-disclosing?

I've known who I was truly voting for for a couple of weeks now - been interesting to watch what's happened since to see if it's justified.

Alas dear Craig, your stories not mine :icon_lol:

I had the Labour candidate knock on my door tonight - asked if she could count on my vote.. I said "no".

She then started babbling on about why its wrong to vote for the Tories. After about 5 mins I managed to get a word in edgeways and make it clear they can't vote on my vote either.

To that I got "Oh god, you're not a liberal are you?"

At which point I said nobody can count on my vote because I've not yet made up my mind and won't do until Thursday.

:icon_lol:

I don't really think you're in a position to criticise people for contradicting themselves.

Au Contraire my little Draco, I wouldnt dream of criticising Craig. Simply refreshing his memory tis all. :(

Guest alex
COME ON LABOUR!!!!! :(

It would be funny if they came 3rd in the popular vote and were the biggest party. As much as anything to see if the Conservatives would stick to their guns about (non) electoral reform. And it would just be funny anyway.

COME ON LABOUR!!!!! :(

It would be funny if they came 3rd in the popular vote and were the biggest party. As much as anything to see if the Conservatives would stick to their guns about (non) electoral reform. And it would just be funny anyway.

Spirits are high at Millbank. Could be a shock on. :(

I don't really think you're in a position to criticise people for contradicting themselves.

Au Contraire my little Draco, I wouldnt dream of criticising Craig. Simply refreshing his memory tis all. :(

Should read the thread properly, Cabbage Turd... I was sharing what I'd told the Labour candidate - I've never once suggested that what I told them was the truth. :(

Should read the thread properly, Cabbage Turd... I was sharing what I'd told the Labour candidate - I've never once suggested that what I told them was the truth. :(

Nor did you suggest you were lying :(