General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a staggering article like, I couldn't actually believe what I was reading. Basically blaming the North for everything. We're doomed. :(

Who wrote it?

Substitute "Darkies" for Northeners and it gives the true nature of it.

Leo McKinstry

the man who said

"There is nothing barbaric about the death penalty. The real barbarism lies in refusing to punish criminals.

The drug-fuelled, crime-ridden, welfare-dependent, fear-filled inner city housing estate in modern Britain is far more savage than any place of execution in China for a trafficker of human misery."

Obviously a proud Brit.

Edited by Happy Face

Guest alex

The good thing is though that you've got the Lib Dems to temper the nutters on the right of the Tory Party. Scary to think what they might have gotten away with if they'd got a majority.

I would love to ask him what he thinks of someone like me who voted Labour in the South East who has a private sector job - probably parental brainwashing would be his answer.

I'd also ask him to compare the benefits budget with the bank bailouts,the Olympics or Crossrail.

What these stupid cunts forget is that this country became 'Great' Britain on the back of the industrial wealth of the north, once that wealth was created it was invested on the markets in London and the vehicles for its creation were left to rot.

Basically there are two parts to human biology, psychology and sociolgy. There is the self-regarding, self-preserving gene and the advanced sharing and social gene. The latter has evolved as cohesive groups do better than non-collaborative ones.

The power struggle is between those who dont see the need for cohesion and those who see it as an end in itself. The country is socially divided and with too many people prepared to live on benefits because a certain Prime Minster declared the end of society in the 80s. Work is a social activity not a private one. If you tell people they are on their own and they have nothing to start with and they dont see where any opporunities are, in two generations you are left with ingrained social problems. The seeds of the problems that article talks about where sown in the 80s, not in the last decade.

What these stupid cunts forget is that this country became 'Great' Britain on the back of the industrial wealth of the north, once that wealth was created it was invested on the markets in London and the vehicles for its creation were left to rot.

Basically there are two parts to human biology, psychology and sociolgy. There is the self-regarding, self-preserving gene and the advanced sharing and social gene. The latter has evolved as cohesive groups do better than non-collaborative ones.

The power struggle is between those who dont see the need for cohesion and those who see it as an end in itself. The country is socially divided and with too many people prepared to live on benefits because a certain Prime Minster declared the end of society in the 80s. Work is a social activity not a private one. If you tell people they are on their own and they have nothing to start with and they dont see where any opporunities are, in two generations you are left with ingrained social problems. The seeds of the problems that article talks about where sown in the 80s, not in the last decade.

Good post bro.

Ken Clarke as justice sec...The mind boggles. :(

...also I predict the failing of external and international money markets which imo should hasten internal investment and local regeneration. Making money from money is becoming a precarious/fraudulant/impossible activity so making money from ideas and labour and skills should be the way forward. Personally I'd also shorn the claws of the predators and take all public utilities back...ha ha

I feel we will see this year the long foretold war against the banks/international finance...Soverign states need to crack on with this...Perhaps Europe as a whole should do a Mexico. :(

Edited by Park Life

I dont really follow the first bit because I'm an uneducated and unemployed manual labourer :(

But if you mean Thatcher's cuts to the nationlised industries which the country (especially the north of Britain) had formerly relied upon in the early 80's were the start of globalistion, then I'd completely agree with you.

Go to any former major industrial area nowadays and see what happens to society when a community's reason for existing is taken away.

We, and the lives of our loved ones, all seem to be expendable at the altar of increased profits, but look what that attitude has sown.

Guest alex

As I've said before the Unions may have become too powerful and the economy may have needed modernising but the way in which industries were shut down almost overnight with no concern for the consequences of the individuals concerned was just a malicious act of vengeance on the part of the Tories and they're still pissed off because those areas haven't forgotten about it.

As I've said before the Unions may have become too powerful and the economy may have needed modernising but the way in which industries were shut down almost overnight with no concern for the consequences of the individuals concerned was just a malicious act of vengeance on the part of the Tories and they're still pissed off because those areas haven't forgotten about it.

That's why I get really annoyed with "forget Thatcher" sentiments - if they undid the damage then I think it would be feasible but with their lack of regret bordering on celebration and the public sector jibes suggesting another attack, I don't see it happening.

The article mentions Longbenton - can anyone imagine the holocaust it would cause if they closed it down?

Sounds like Osborne is eyeing new banking legislation. Why not just gold back the pound and renage on debt and if banks play up invade them (after all some have bigger holdings than a lot of countries) but they don't have armies. Sorted. :(

I dont really follow the first bit because I'm an uneducated and unemployed manual labourer :(

But if you mean Thatcher's cuts to the nationlised industries which the country (especially the north of Britain) had formerly relied upon in the early 80's were the start of globalistion, then I'd completely agree with you.

Go to any former major industrial area nowadays and see what happens to society when a community's reason for existing is taken away.

We, and the lives of our loved ones, all seem to be expendable at the altar of increased profits, but look what that attitude has sown.

Was that a reply or an addendum?

Edited by ChezGiven

Guest alex

That's why I get really annoyed with "forget Thatcher" sentiments - if they undid the damage then I think it would be feasible but with their lack of regret bordering on celebration and the public sector jibes suggesting another attack, I don't see it happening.

The article mentions Longbenton - can anyone imagine the holocaust it would cause if they closed it down?

Would sort out the parking on Benton Park Road like. Every cloud...

It's not just Longbenton. I work in the private sector in Silverlink...but if Long Bent One lost a lot of work me and my co-workers would almost certainly be out of a job too.

It's not just Longbenton. I work in the private sector in Silverlink...but if Long Bent One lost a lot of work me and my co-workers would almost certainly be out of a job too.

During the Miner's strike there was data from Germany published (which they used to justify subsidies) that suggested 1 miner's job = 30 jobs in the local economy - I assume that would apply to a lesser degree with any large employer.

And the world keeps turning....

I for one am trying to look at the coalition with optimism - it's certainly a better prospect than a Tory minority government which is what I would have laid money on happening up until around 5pm last night. I just couldn't see the Lib Dems agreeing to working together.

Never-the-less they have and I'm prepared to give them the time to see what they can do now they've been presented with the opportunity. Hopefully they'll tame the nutter element of the Tories and that we end up coming out of it good.

What is without doubt is that it is the dawning of a new political era - a peace-time coalition and I reckon we may well have seen the last of the political system that we're all used to. Whether or not the new way of working lends towards a better Conservative Party remains to be seen.

I can fully appreciate people's fears, but I think we need to offer them the rope and see if they'll hang themselves...

Tories with a nagging conscience.

Labour were screwed really. Libs were never going to get in. This is probably the best possible likely outcome.

Tribalism or the evolution of democracy.

There's only one way to find out......

I for one am trying to look at the coalition with optimism - it's certainly a better prospect than a Tory minority government which is what I would have laid money on happening up until around 5pm last night. I just couldn't see the Lib Dems agreeing to working together.

Never-the-less they have and I'm prepared to give them the time to see what they can do now they've been presented with the opportunity. Hopefully they'll tame the nutter element of the Tories and that we end up coming out of it good.

What is without doubt is that it is the dawning of a new political era - a peace-time coalition and I reckon we may well have seen the last of the political system that we're all used to. Whether or not the new way of working lends towards a better Conservative Party remains to be seen.

I can fully appreciate people's fears, but I think we need to offer them the rope and see if they'll hang themselves...

Dear David,

noose.jpg:(

I thought we were in a war. :(

I thought we were in a war. :(

:(

People have mentioned that this might tame the Tory nutters. Tbf, hopefully this will do the same for the Liberal nutters too!

Joking aside, we need to see how this goes. There seems to have been concessions on both sides which is encouraging. If the reports are to be believed that Labour were not prepared to entertain the Lib Dems then they only have themselves to blame. I guess this means there could also be some truth the to rumours that Cameron rang Clegg after the election and had an amicable conversation with him; Brown rang him and ranted :(

CT, wind your neck in a bit mate. This whole situation has flaws on all sides and is hardly a shining victory. I can appreciate peoples concerns about jobs - particularly those in Public Sector. I voted Conservative for a number of reasons, yet my wife works in the Public Sector.

I'm not yet convinced that the scaremongering about Public Sector cuts will all be true, but for a country spending beyond it's means; there has to be cuts somewhere and Public Sector is a prime candidate.

As someone who has worked in the Public Sector in the past (within the last 5 years) - in a Labour-controlled environment at that; I have witnessed examples of the wastage being discussed. For people talking about the Tories and jobs for the boys - sorry, but Labour were just as bad. We had a number of people working at the place I was at who were employed only because they were a Labour Councillor. They spent all their time on that and not on the job they were being paid to do.

I might not be in the NE any longer, but here in the NW - many of the same issues prevail. Things like the dependency on benefits over getting a fucking job :(

Just my :twocents: anyway.

For the record, I didn't/dont believe in all of the Tory policies, but I believed even less in the policies of the others.

EDIT: Something else I meant to add.

As ever, I try to look at things from all angles and with my cynical head on, I had the following thought: Labour ignored the Lib Dems, made the coalition impossible to force the situation. Brown had lost the confidence of the party and there was a big shift in the public. Why not let the Con_Lib coalition get into power, make the necessary savage cuts which we will all hate; then when it falls down in 6-12months they get to ride in like some shining knight with a new leader (Milliband) to rescue us from the nasty Tories. Negative perception reversed and all is forgotten :(

<_<

Here's the formal document, for what it's worth:

http://www.libdems.org.uk/latest_news_deta...17-7778979458ff

Labour’s financial crisis
ad nauseum.

Tory lapdog cunts.

I'd add that cancelling ID cards aside, there is absolutely no chance of any of the civil liberty measures being reversed.

And the inheritance tax change isn't ruled out - they've just put the 10k thing in as a priority to be reached first so I'd expect the tories of finding a fiddle for that quite soon.