Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

It's a decent little music venue, been there a few times! Decent club nights too, nice lasses.

I think I've seen the Cooper Temple Clause there twice & also Joe Bonamassa. Good times :up:

saw Teenage Fanclub supported by Veronica Falls there in may 2010

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Saturday I drank 3 pints of Black Sheep & 2 bottles of red house wine; on Sunday i physically couldn't get out of bed until noon. The hangover was one of the 10 worst in my life. I didn't feel right until Thursday,.

Last night I drank again; a gallon of Thwaites Wainwright & today I am malodorus, but reasonably coherent.

I will next drink on Wednesday, then Xmas Day, then 27th in the afternoon

• 8 months later...

3 Caffreys 2 Guinness 3 Grolsch 4 Bottle of Magners 1 Coors = :( + ""fing is wiv Mike peepuw dont realise aa much of is own money ee's invested, we aint got the maanee of a Villa or a Stowk City un peepuw dont realise this, they shud be fankful we've kept Shake n faakin Yohan, peepuw dont realise what a big cock Mike 'as anaw".

Edited by McFaul

Feeling your pain. Had various real ales, lagers and then ended up on Mai Tai's in Floritas. :lol:

Aye real ale is a killer, I think the darker a drink too, the worse the hangover, if the lager wasn't so wank in the ground I wouldn't have had Guinness. Did you see those tossers dressed as ThunderBirds?

Aye real ale is a killer, I think the darker a drink too, the worse the hangover, if the lager wasn't so wank in the ground I wouldn't have had Guinness. Did you see those tossers dressed as ThunderBirds?

Aye :lol:

Looked over your way but could only see this large lad sitting there in a red and white ish stripey top.

1 peroni, 1 Becks (pint), 1 carling, 1 fosters, 1 guinness, 1 Coors, 1 kronenberg, 2 Stella.

Pic n mix

Some rank stuff there. The carling was like an alka seltza dissolved in piss in a plastic glass.

Not left me in the best fettle for moving house today.

• 3 months later...

Had 6 pints of Taddy's in Tilleys on Saturday and my plan was to stop at that so I wouldn't be rough to set up for a gig in the afternoon. Woke up, immediately sick, thumping headache and stopping every 10 minutes in a car ride to Newton Aycliffe to bring up the water I was using to rehydrate myself. I'm done at 22.

• 2 years later...

Not only is Stevie turning Mackem, it also appears he is becoming a shandy-drinking la-la.

:whistle:

Stella is all I drink. If they haven't got Stella I move on. I'm nee Vaux Breweries fan I'll have you know.

Yeah, lager generally is terrible for headaches the following day, I suspect, because of all the chemicals. I tend to drink wine more these days and never really suffer the following day. It's only if ive been out when I drink beer and get bad hangovers now.

Apparently with beer it's because you're pissing more and you lose more energy and hydration than with other drinks - or at least that's what a Dr who only drinks straight whiskey told me. :lol: