Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

Apparently they've just re-itereated they'll take legal action unless they get their own way. :icon_lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe0-Yqzl9MlGOthjdEo7i4Z4ojFwFeqOiNGx8slQi82IT6kEY&t=1&usg=__p4SB_B8A6H-tufjKUSPjRO3R-kQ=

Am I reading this right? They want to replace the two people who are actually trying to carry out the sale with Tom Hicks' son and the vice President of Hicks Holdings? :icon_lol:

I'm more and more convinced they've been planted by the Glazers.. :(

Hicks & Gillett statement: "The Board has been presented with offers that we believe dramatically undervalue the Club."

"..no change in our commitment to finding a buyer ..that reflects the very significant investment we've made."

"We will however resist any attempt to sell the Club without due process or agreement by the owners."

Hicks and Gillett also say they have "invested more than $270 million" and "the Club is one of the most profitable in the EPL".

Tbh this is a very very tricky moment for Liverpool. Could really go wrong and I don't mean like Miami Vice wrong I mean like The Wire wrong.

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who actually uses the phrase "EPL" in real life deserves to have their children locked in a room with Ian Huntley.

they are either yanks, yank wannabees like a Canadian for example, or an Aussie.

Dead giveaway.

Anyone who actually uses the phrase "EPL" in real life deserves to have their children locked in a room with Ian Huntley.

You favour a more robust manifesto after midnight I've noticed. :(

Just when you think there's no more depth to the despise you can have for these people, they produce this. Utter crisis because they've come 7th, they sanctioned £135m in transfers in the three years they've been at the club. That's £45m a year since they've been there in transfers. Is it their fault Rafa's signings have been a disaster? Contrast that to Newcastle who were raped and pillaged for 40 years by Lord Westwood, the Seymours, and Gordon McKeag. 40 years. Not 3 when they've sanctioned £140m on transfers, and you get ones criticising our treatment of Ashley! Imagine if they did to Kenny Dalglish what Ashley did to Keegan.

If there are any Liverpool fans reading this and only about 25,000 of you count, I speak for most in football with your sickening self pity, I hope you go bust, I really do you're a disgrace to English football. "Way of life" my fuckin arse, you're the luckiest club ever in the history of world sport, see how what you'll be like with 5 seasons in the bottom half and a season in the Championship, we'll see what your way of life is then, we'll see how special you are then you fuckin utter cunts.

What fucking unmitigated shit you spout. I don't know what lies you make up about other clubs, but for Liverpool, this site needs a permanent bullshitometer where you're concerned. You just make up story after story. Why? There's enough true shit about Liverpool you could write without having to make it up. Your obsessiveness with all things LFC is fucking manic. We are a giant club, are the most decorated English club and have won many more trophies than you, get the fuck over it you deadhead.

Benitez had a net spend of 80 million over the last 6 years and the last 4 windows have shown a net profit. 45 million a year for fucks sake, get real. Benitez also had 15 of his players at this years world cup finals for such a shite squad.

Your wish for us to go bust is in line with what many of us want so ta for your good wishes.

It's amazing how lucky you get when your club is run in exactly the right way, all profits reinvested and the best people in each job to see that everything is geared up to win trophies, and we did win them, all with great pride. That was the way it was for nearly half a century, until two rip off merchants come along and changed everything.

I for one couldn't give a fuck where we are in the table, would welcome administration and a loss of 9 points and/maybe relegation if it gets rid of the two cancers that have our club by the curlys.

are you not going to take the hint ?

You've had 40 years of success. We don't give a shit how big a club you think you are, on the back of such success.

Why are you coming on here and patronising us ?

One last thing, numpties on here thought we would be better off without the people who made us a top premiership club rather than the steptoe and son outfit they found. So be careful what you wish for.

Either way, your Shanks dynasty is over, so come to terms with it. You've had your run. You aren't any bigger than a handful of other club, like us, although you have been successful. Don't confuse the two.

You can go now.

Do you own the site? If so, ban me mate, that's the easy way to get rid.

I don't 'think' we are a big club, I know we are a giant club. I wasn't aware I was patronising you, I thought I was just correcting some lying Liverpool FC obsessive who makes things up as he goes along.

We are much bigger than you, don't you confuse decades of success with decades of failure.

Just when you think there's no more depth to the despise you can have for these people, they produce this. Utter crisis because they've come 7th, they sanctioned £135m in transfers in the three years they've been at the club. That's £45m a year since they've been there in transfers. Is it their fault Rafa's signings have been a disaster? Contrast that to Newcastle who were raped and pillaged for 40 years by Lord Westwood, the Seymours, and Gordon McKeag. 40 years. Not 3 when they've sanctioned £140m on transfers, and you get ones criticising our treatment of Ashley! Imagine if they did to Kenny Dalglish what Ashley did to Keegan.

If there are any Liverpool fans reading this and only about 25,000 of you count, I speak for most in football with your sickening self pity, I hope you go bust, I really do you're a disgrace to English football. "Way of life" my fuckin arse, you're the luckiest club ever in the history of world sport, see how what you'll be like with 5 seasons in the bottom half and a season in the Championship, we'll see what your way of life is then, we'll see how special you are then you fuckin utter cunts.

What fucking unmitigated shit you spout. I don't know what lies you make up about other clubs, but for Liverpool, this site needs a permanent bullshitometer where you're concerned. You just make up story after story. Why? There's enough true shit about Liverpool you could write without having to make it up. Your obsessiveness with all things LFC is fucking manic. We are a giant club, are the most decorated English club and have won many more trophies than you, get the fuck over it you deadhead.

Benitez had a net spend of 80 million over the last 6 years and the last 4 windows have shown a net profit. 45 million a year for fucks sake, get real. Benitez also had 15 of his players at this years world cup finals for such a shite squad.

Your wish for us to go bust is in line with what many of us want so ta for your good wishes.

It's amazing how lucky you get when your club is run in exactly the right way, all profits reinvested and the best people in each job to see that everything is geared up to win trophies, and we did win them, all with great pride. That was the way it was for nearly half a century, until two rip off merchants come along and changed everything.

I for one couldn't give a fuck where we are in the table, would welcome administration and a loss of 9 points and/maybe relegation if it gets rid of the two cancers that have our club by the curlys.

You've had 40 years of success. We don't give a shit how big a club you think you are, on the back of such success.

One last thing, numpties on here thought we would be better off without the people who made us a top premiership club rather than the steptoe and son outfit they found. So be careful what you wish for.

Either way, your Shanks dynasty is over, so come to terms with it. You've had your run. You aren't any bigger than a handful of other club, like us, although you have been successful. Don't confuse the two.

You can go now.

I don't 'think' we are a big club, I know we are a giant club. I wasn't aware I was patronising you, I thought I was just correcting some lying Liverpool FC obsessive who makes things up as he goes along.

We are much bigger than you, don't you confuse decades of success with decades of failure.

Unfortunately I don't. Otherwise I would, not because you're a Liverpool supporter, but because you are spouting patronising bollocks which I and probably most others don't give a fuck about, and I don't get your motive for coming here.

I see you don't have a response to the issue of your 22,000 crowds for such a "giant" club :( who's crowds half when they can't take a couple of defeats on the chin. Don't make me laugh, Benitez has fucked you up, Hodgson is a nobody, you are on your way downwards and will never match the support of NUFC and even Sunderland when you don't get the success anymore. This is the true test of a "big" club.

Edited by LeazesMag

Let's not get daft, Liverpool are obviously a big club. And it's likely someone will come in for them due to their profile and they'll be back up there or thereabouts. The inevitability of it is what makes it legitimate to laugh in the meantime tho.

You favour a more robust manifesto after midnight I've noticed. :(

148963.jpg

You can go now.

Unfortunately I don't. Otherwise I would, not because you're a Liverpool supporter, but because you are spouting patronising bollocks which I and probably most others don't give a fuck about, and I don't get your motive for coming here.

It was recommended to me and I stick around for reasons already pointed out.

Let's not get daft, Liverpool are obviously a big club. And it's likely someone will come in for them due to their profile and they'll be back up there or thereabouts. The inevitability of it is what makes it legitimate to laugh in the meantime tho.

if you mean they won't "do a Leeds" then I agree, but I have always thought that sort of scaremongering put out by our own supporters in defence of the policy adopted by Mike Ashley to also be bollocks.

Fact is though, now the success has dried up, we will see how much a "giant" club they really are. My guess (in fact it isn't a guess because I'm hugely confident) is that interest in them will dive massively among their glory seeking element, most of whom will now be tossing a coin with Man City on one side and Chelsea on the other.

You can go now.

It was recommended to me and I stick around for reasons already pointed out.

Well, I'm sorry to say, I don't have the same attraction for your "giant" club.

Laughing stock of the season - as we were 2 years ago. Didn't see the scousers stop and show any empathy so why the fuck should we?

With any luck they'll finish top 4 next season... top 2 and they'll qualify automatically 3rd or 4th and it's a play off.... Talking about the Championship of course.

Liverpool to be bought by Boston Red Sox owners

Crisis-hit Liverpool are to be sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

But the takeover by the New England Sports Ventures is subject to the resolution of a legal dispute with US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The Premier League will also have to approve the latest American buyout.

Earlier Hicks and Gillett tried to sack managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre in a last-ditch bid to keep control of the club.

More to follow.

Jammy fuckers getting lucky again?

Liverpool fans do a great job of moaning and whinging without being specific what they're moaning and whinging about.

That video for example, all we get is 'Hicks and Gillett are ruining us, they're raping our family, you're not welcome in this city', without giving any details of exactly what the problem is.

Liverpool to be bought by Boston Red Sox owners

Crisis-hit Liverpool are to be sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

But the takeover by the New England Sports Ventures is subject to the resolution of a legal dispute with US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The Premier League will also have to approve the latest American buyout.

Earlier Hicks and Gillett tried to sack managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre in a last-ditch bid to keep control of the club.

More to follow.

Jammy fuckers getting lucky again?

Haven't they already burnt the stars and stripes on numerous occasions?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Just when you think there's no more depth to the despise you can have for these people, they produce this.

Best laugh I've had in a while watching that. :(

John Power looks like he's reading off an autocue at 0.53 to 0.59 for some unfathomable reason because there sure as shit cant be one there.

Neil Fitzmaurice took a while before he piped up as well, disappointingly. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: How utterly cringeworthy, getting Mimi Maguire in to a studio to tell the yank "it's taaaaam to goeeeewww".

Pacinofan, what did I say that was factually incorrect you tool. There are sites out there that detail every transfer, fuck the net cost, £140m on players in 3 years and they're cunts?

Wholeheartedly agree Leazes, THE most plastically supported club in Britain, they're not Man Utd, if you take away the 70's and 80's which to be fair was an astonishing time for the club, they're not that big. Bigger than us in name and achievement some would say by far, in true fanbase though we totally dwarf them as will be seen should they have even 3 years of mediocrity.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Liverpool fans do a great job of moaning and whinging without being specific what they're moaning and whinging about.

That video for example, all we get is 'Hicks and Gillett are ruining us, they're raping our family, you're not welcome in this city', without giving any details of exactly what the problem is.

The problem is they came 7th last season have won one game this season, and haven't spent anywhere near as much as Manchester City. AWWWW diddums :(

Can't see any offers recently made coming off. LFC are simply not worth the quoted price.

Apart from the bid accepted by the board that Sonatine detailed a few posts above? :(

H&G will fight in court, they haven't accepted it.

Can't see any offers recently made coming off. LFC are simply not worth the quoted price.

Apart from the bid accepted by the board that Sonatine detailed a few posts above? :(

They'll try, but doubt they'll be able to get it done before RBS pulls the plug and allows the sale to go through so they get their dosh back.

Sadly, was hoping the twats would crash and burn.

They'll try, but doubt they'll be able to get it done before RBS pulls the plug and allows the sale to go through so they get their dosh back.

Sadly, was hoping the twats would crash and burn.

if that happens it's a -9. Lose-Lose for dippers. :icon_lol: