Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

Even the finest building the Liverbuilding looks shite though. The city centre even is pretty derelict. No where is in need more of further investment in my view.

With regard to me needing an education, expand on that please.

Reading the highlighted line is all the expansion needed. You don't know your subject and only idiots try to sound knowledgable about subjects they know nothing about.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting..

A club that has missed out on CL by finishing in what is likely to be 6th.. has 200Mil debt's.. was looking for 100mil investment.. I suspect high wages for a Premier League Club... ground that is not big enough to move the club forward...

If I was in a fortunate enough position to be able to buy a Premier league club... why would I choose Liverpool? We actually would be a far better investment!

Interesting..

A club that has missed out on CL by finishing in what is likely to be 6th.. has 200Mil debt's.. was looking for 100mil investment.. I suspect high wages for a Premier League Club... ground that is not big enough to move the club forward...

If I was in a fortunate enough position to be able to buy a Premier league club... why would I choose Liverpool? We actually would be a far better investment!

Fifth highest wages.

You'd be buying the stature and a plot of land with planning permission already granted for a new stadium.

I agree, depending on the price of course.

Interesting..

Fifth highest wages.

You'd be buying the stature and a plot of land with planning permission already granted for a new stadium.

Aye, but we neither need a plot land nor a new stadium.

Guest Barrack Road
Even the finest building the Liverbuilding looks shite though. The city centre even is pretty derelict. No where is in need more of further investment in my view.

With regard to me needing an education, expand on that please.

Reading the highlighted line is all the expansion needed. You don't know your subject and only idiots try to sound knowledgable about subjects they know nothing about.

I've been to Liverpool enough to make a judgement. I hate it when people criticise Newcastle upon Tyne, and I'm sure you're the same with Liverpool. I've never been on LSD whenever I've been to your city, so my eyes weren't lying when I've seen it as a shithole. Makes me laugh when people go on about that funny shaped church as being a superb neo-classical piece of architecture of our time, to me it's a bigger eyesore than Cruddas Park flats.

I've been to Liverpool enough to make a judgement. I hate it when people criticise Newcastle upon Tyne, and I'm sure you're the same with Liverpool. I've never been on LSD whenever I've been to your city, so my eyes weren't lying when I've seen it as a shithole. Makes me laugh when people go on about that funny shaped church as being a superb neo-classical piece of architecture of our time, to me it's a bigger eyesore than Cruddas Park flats.

Criticism of the city I live in doesn't bother me. It's the complete lack of knowledge of a subject that irritates me and despite you saying you've visited your ignorance is astounding.

What church are you talking about? Does it have a name?

It's good that so many others from around the country look at Liverpool differently to you.

Born and bred Liverpudlian.

The Wirral is a nice place to live but it's footballer area, you'd expect it to be nice.

This side of the water has some lovely places to live as well, just like most areas. The slave trade benefitted loads of towns in this country but most of Liverpools finer buildings were built well after the slave trade had ended.

Rarely seen people use the word 'period' this side of the pond, unless they're on about bleeding fannies, appropriately. :lol:

Guest Barrack Road
Criticism of the city I live in doesn't bother me. It's the complete lack of knowledge of a subject that irritates me and despite you saying you've visited your ignorance is astounding.

What church are you talking about? Does it have a name?

It's good that so many others from around the country look at Liverpool differently to you.

I didn't realise it needed a name for someone to make an aesthetical judgement on it? What lack of knowledge are you refering to? The fact I don't the name of a church shaped like a fuckin teepee. You live in a bubble in that city mate.

Guest Barrack Road
Born and bred Liverpudlian.

The Wirral is a nice place to live but it's footballer area, you'd expect it to be nice.

This side of the water has some lovely places to live as well, just like most areas. The slave trade benefitted loads of towns in this country but most of Liverpools finer buildings were built well after the slave trade had ended.

Rarely seen people use the word 'period' this side of the pond, unless they're on about bleeding fannies, appropriately. :lol:

That's what I thought but you have to remember the residence of the lad.

Aye, their history makes it a lot easier to attract the right calibre of players and managers, etc. to go there.

Les Ferdinand turned them and Villa down to sign for us. Players are fickle if we were above them in the league over a three or four year period, we'd be seen as just as attractive a proposition. Who wants to live in that shithole anyway, I can never get my head round it. Do Liverpool FC have a redeeming feature? Fans? Players? Ex Players? Area? Tell me if they do, I need educating about the endearing qualities of this club.

Many people don't think it's a shithole

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

There are plenty of threads there to see what other people around the country think of Liverpool and what a splendid place it is.

For the rest of your post I'd say you need education period.

Period! :lol:

funny shaped church as being a superb neo-classical piece of architecture of our time,

I didn't realise it needed a name for someone to make an aesthetical judgement on it? What lack of knowledge are you refering to? The fact I don't the name of a church shaped like a fuckin teepee. You live in a bubble in that city mate.

Teepee shaped? You must be talking about Paddys Wigwam which is as far from neo classical as you can get, you keep giving examples of your lack of knowledge.

Guest Barrack Road
Teepee shaped? You must be talking about Paddys Wigwam which is as far from neo classical as you can get, you keep giving examples of your lack of knowledge.

I've heard it described as such. You keep giving examples of what a thick cunt you are by mis-using the quoting format on here.

I've heard it described as such. You keep giving examples of what a thick cunt you are by mis-using the quoting format on here.

doubt it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoclassical_architecture

Architecturally it appears to be concrete modernist, like the Gateshead carpark in Get Carter :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_architecture

Liverpool city centre has had shitloads spent on it in recent years and is actually canny nice now (especially compared with 20 years ago). In fact it's a lot like Newcastle in that regard, and many other Northern cities. It's petty to say otherwise if you've been there.

However, North Liverpool, including Anfield, is a right shit tip. Again, Newcastle has similar problems but one good thing is our ground is in the city centre. I hate trying to get back from Anfield or Goodison.

Edited by Renton

I thnk most north cities have some stunning area's and some that you wouldn't take a dump in.

Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow etc.