Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Mark Douglas was talking on Twitter last night about how we're very keen on Matuidi but not going to stump up the cash. If that's the case, will be hard to believe we'll pay for Sturridge.

... or we're not willing to pay as much for foreign players (as it represents a bigger risk obviously) as we are for Englishmen.

Just hoping though, not based on any evidence.....

I just think we're not willing to pay a lot full stop.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Douglas was talking on Twitter last night about how we're very keen on Matuidi but not going to stump up the cash. If that's the case, will be hard to believe we'll pay for Sturridge.

... or we're not willing to pay as much for foreign players (as it represents a bigger risk obviously) as we are for Englishmen.

Just hoping though, not based on any evidence.....

I just think we're not willing to pay a lot full stop.

I think that aswell

But i think it might be to do alot with him being a midfielder and we're not in dire straits to be forking out that much for a Tiote type player

I just cant see us forking out what chelsea wants for sturridge. I think around 5-6 million is what ashley prefers to pay for any player max, MAYBE 10 for a new #9. Unfortunately that excludes alot of quality propositions.

It's similar IMO to the Rooney situation in that the Mackems are playing the card we did with Rooney and setting the ball rolling.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wickham submit a transfer request now either. I said ages ago I'd heard it on good authority that he's off to Spurs. I still reckon that'll be his destination and the Yids not issuing a 'hands-off' warning with regards Jermaine Defoe could support that.

isnt he a liverpool fan? if so more chance of him going to liverpool. tottenham have got a good record of taking good young english players to white heart lane so wont be too surprised if he ended up at either club. i reckon the fee will be around 10m with add ons taking it up to 13/14m. worth a pop but dont see cashley slashing out 10m on a unproven 18yr old

I heard Spurs have first refusal on Wickham which would put the advantage in their court surely?

It's similar IMO to the Rooney situation in that the Mackems are playing the card we did with Rooney and setting the ball rolling.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wickham submit a transfer request now either. I said ages ago I'd heard it on good authority that he's off to Spurs. I still reckon that'll be his destination and the Yids not issuing a 'hands-off' warning with regards Jermaine Defoe could support that.

isnt he a liverpool fan? if so more chance of him going to liverpool. tottenham have got a good record of taking good young english players to white heart lane so wont be too surprised if he ended up at either club. i reckon the fee will be around 10m with add ons taking it up to 13/14m. worth a pop but dont see cashley slashing out 10m on a unproven 18yr old

I heard Spurs have first refusal on Wickham which would put the advantage in their court surely?

perhaps, but 1st refusal doesnt mean they are the ONLY team that has the right to bid/talk to the player. am sure if city came in with a crazy bid totenham wouldnt be able to talk to the player unless they match citys offer. this is how it works right? ( a serious question )

perhaps, but 1st refusal doesnt mean they are the ONLY team that has the right to bid/talk to the player. am sure if city came in with a crazy bid totenham wouldnt be able to talk to the player unless they match citys offer. this is how it works right? ( a serious question )

I stand to be corrected but I've always understood it to be that permission needs to be sought by each club interested in signing a player under contract who has not requested a transfer and had that requested accepted.

Example that sticks in my is when Man Utd were willing to listen to offers for Heinze..... from absolutely any club except Liverpool!

Cripes busy evening on the Twitter ITKs: a bid from Everton for Barton plus some serious interest from us regarding Jan Huntelaar and Aaron Lennon, not to mention apparently getting closer to signing Zoggy and Craig Gardener.

Cripes busy evening on the Twitter ITKs: a bid from Everton for Barton plus some serious interest from us regarding Jan Huntelaar and Aaron Lennon, not to mention apparently getting closer to signing Zoggy and Craig Gardener.

Those were all retweeted from last week, was Douglas proving 'Toontastic1892' talks shite.

Those were all retweeted from last week, was Douglas proving 'Toontastic1892' talks shite.

Ahh, goodo, I'll know to ignore that chap in future then :lol:

Tramps closing in on O'Shea, Larsson, Westwood, Gibson, Brown, N'Gog and Dong-won.

Don't know anything about Dong-won the rest of them are very average signings though.

Bruce all over tbh. You might as well give him fuck all to spend as the results will be similar to giving him a fortune. Especially at Sunderland.

Ngog has always looked shite and I've heard Gibson gets a shit load of stick from the manure fans.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see both Brown and O'Shea be shown up as very average players once they're out of a quality team.

O'Shea isn't a bad player. His problem has been his versatility. I think he wants to be a centre back, but is one of the most 2 footed players I've ever seen and gets put left and right back. He was immense when ManUtd beat us here 6-2 at left back.

Gibson = Guthrie. Slow, decent passing range, good long range shot.

Brown is constantly injured. Another who wants to be a centre back, but wasn't good enough there for Fergie.

N'Gog probably won't be good enough. If the fee is anything over £1m, they're being robbed.

Massively underwhelming signings. Westwood looks a decent keeper, however.

Ashley Young signs for Man United. If Downing goes to Liverpool, Darren Bent is going to be devastated. :lol:

From one joke club to another!

Its incredible when you think that Neymars release clause is only 45mill euros. Thats about as much as Henderson and Downing put together. Who would you rather have. 2 Above average englishmen or the maybe biggest talent on the market. Gonna laugh when Liverpool barely qualify for the europa league.

Btw, if Ryder didn't have the ear of so many fans he'd be hilarious. Soldiered on ffs. Who let Routledge leave in the first place like?

we should sell routledge and at least tozer has gone to il sell tozer on fifa il have to wait on routledge though no good selling him if it doesnt go through