Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Don't attach any value to anything Talksport come out with. It means absolutely nothing.

Porto paid a further £12m for 40% of the player's rights today. You'd be looking at more than double that to bring him in.

And he'd never leave a league winning, Champions League-playing club with a bright future for one such as ours that are currently a mid-table side.

Duly noted, I did realise realise there was no chance of hulk coming, hence the Bruce banner joke. It was more about the this cheikh fella, his goals tally doesn't seem to bad. Though I've never seen him play, with a name like cheikh he's bound to be good

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a proper handle on the transfer window and how it works etc as I'm a tad confused.

This week there have been reports that we have had offers turned down for this french striker (forgot name). Are we allowed to agree transfer fees prior to the window and its just the paperwork that has to go through once it has opened. Can clubs reach legally binding deals prior to the window opening with clubs and players.

Can we sign out of contract players outside of the window.

Don't attach any value to anything Talksport come out with. It means absolutely nothing.

Porto paid a further £12m for 40% of the player's rights today. You'd be looking at more than double that to bring him in.

And he'd never leave a league winning, Champions League-playing club with a bright future for one such as ours that are currently a mid-table side.

Duly noted, I did realise realise there was no chance of hulk coming, hence the Bruce banner joke. It was more about the this cheikh fella, his goals tally doesn't seem to bad. Though I've never seen him play, with a name like cheikh he's bound to be good

Fair play.

There is a free transfer deadline date as well. which is normally a month or so I think after each normal transfer window. If they are not signed before then they cannot play.

We can however sign a player outside a window and agree a fee just they cannot be registered to play until the window opens.

NEWCASTLE have stolen a march on rivals Sunderland in the race to land Charles N'Zogbia.

United bosses are putting together a £6million deal for the 24-year-old French winger, who only left St James' Park two years ago.

And they believe they are now in pole position to land N'Zogbia, who will quit Wigan this summer.

The player has been the prime target for Stadium of Light chief Steve Bruce since January.

Aston Villa could join the chase for N'Zogbia if Ashley Young's expected move to either Liverpool or Manchester United goes through.

But Newcastle have declared an interest and the player is prepared to move back to the North East.

Toon owner Mike Ashley offered £12m for N'Zogbia at the end of the transfer window in January.

And Newcastle have not let their interest fade, especially with the player's value dropping so quickly.

N'Zogbia was sold for only £6m in 2009 but had problems with both former boss Joe Kinnear and Carroll.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will have in excess of £15m to spend this summer, with Middlesbrough left-back Joe Bennett and Bordeaux striker Cheikh Diabate among his possible targets.

News of The World

Sol Campbell top-flight career is coming to a sour end at Newcastle

SOL CAMPBELL’S top-flight career is coming to a sour end at Newcastle.

The bitter taste it leaves is also an expensive one as the move will have cost the club about £2 million.

Sources at St James’ Park are dismayed and disappointed that Campbell has refused to settle his contract and walk away, after managing only four league starts and three substitute appearances since signing last August.

In those seven games, Newcastle took just seven points and conceded 16 goals.

Although he signed on a free transfer, the deal was a costly one, with Campbell pocketing a signing fee and about £40,000 a week for his bit-part role .

A club source told the Daily Express: “Sol has not really been involved and is clearly winding down his career, seeing out his time and being clearly unhappy with his injuries.

“The club offered a settlement on his contract so that he could walk away after the season ends but he refused. Instead, there is a clause that allows him to take another month’s money and he is going to eke out his final pay cheque in July for another £160,000.

“It leaves a sour taste. He clearly doesn’t need the money and, if he had any honour, he would go in June.”

Campbell’s arrival followed a determined push for the player by former manager Chris Hughton.

Our source added: “Campbell’s arrival and performances were certainly seen as a factor in the decision to part company with Hughton.”

That last sentence!

Elmander gone to Galatasaray apparently.

Hot and cold player anyway. Was on fire against us unfortunately.

Jonas been linked to Lazio again today in the italian papers.

Apparently quoted to saying "mi piacerebbe giocare nella Lazio".

roughly translated to I'd like to play in Lazio.

Don't no how much substance this has in it as the media is more crooked than the politicians out there.

Cant see the logic behind the window not opening til 1st July. Surely clubs should be able to start recruiting as soon as the season ends.

Why delay it by 6 or 7 weeks.

Twats

They can.

Cant see the logic behind the window not opening til 1st July. Surely clubs should be able to start recruiting as soon as the season ends.

Twats

They can.

Can someone lay down the definitive rules then????

I thought you could only sign out of contracts before the window. EG How could we sign sturridge now?

Twats

They can.

Can someone lay down the definitive rules then????

I thought you could only sign out of contracts before the window. EG How could we sign sturridge now?

Listen, you can arrange to sign anyone at any point during the season. They can only move and be registered to play during the transfer windows.

For out of contract players there is extra time allowed to sign them. Since this does not affect other clubs.

My swingometer now leans more towards a summer clear out of all the big wage players and I would not be surprised to see the following leave.

Colochini --- Enrique --- Jonas --- Barton --- Nolan

Lets hope Super Carr has some very big sleeves.