Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

I dont count Kuqi and Campbell otherwise we'd have to include all the 16 year olds released and players like Tozer (for all their worth to the club). If Smith leaves, i wont count him either.

Why not counting Carroll?

Being sold in January is not an adequate answer. The club have stated that they did not have time to replace him in that window. Might as well mock up a mock CT first 11 next season that wouldn't have included Nolan, then you can claim 4 in none out.

Intrigued by your logic or lack thereof.

Intrigued how you can start a thread on the outcome of a transfer window over 2 months before its closed.

Being an idiot is not an adequate answer.

I'm speculating based on the great many events and indicators before that suggest that this is a likely outcome. Everything that has happened so far has been in keeping with that down to the latest statements from the admittedly clueless manager. I'd like nothing more than to be completely wrong, but I don't think it's realistic to think that this owner is going to spend the money that they directly inferred would be spent on the team.

Do you think that the money will be spent?

BTW - I'm not suggesting that the money should be spent for the sake of it, but we've had a hell of a long time to search the market for targets and to then scout those targets. We're far from the finished product as a team with many obvious weaknesses that could and should be addressed using the money made from selling our most promising young player despite statements from the club to the contrary regarding keeping local talent being a priority.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads, this is Newcastle United not Liverpool. This is not a team that's being assembled to try to win the Premier league or even make a tilt at at spot in Europe. This is a business enterprise owned by Mike Ashley. He doesn't give a fuck about the club winning things or its fans being happy with the Summer signings. Reducing the running costs and staying in the PL is what it's about. We are the Sports Direct of football clubs. Get used to it.

Good post, it sums up in a nutshell exactly what is going on and exactly where Ashley is taking the club

Lads, this is Newcastle United not Liverpool. This is not a team that's being assembled to try to win the Premier league or even make a tilt at at spot in Europe. This is a business enterprise owned by Mike Ashley. He doesn't give a fuck about the club winning things or its fans being happy with the Summer signings. Reducing the running costs and staying in the PL is what it's about. We are the Sports Direct of football clubs. Get used to it.

Good post, it sums up in a nutshell exactly what is going on and exactly where Ashley is taking the club

Going to sound like a broken record here but perhaps the time to judge our window is at the end of it, not right at the start.

Yeah the regime don't have a great pedigree when it comes to transfers but I'll moan about them when and if they prove the doubters (myself included) to be right.

Going to sound like a broken record here but perhaps the time to judge our window is at the end of it, not right at the start.

Yeah the regime don't have a great pedigree when it comes to transfers but I'll moan about them when and if they prove the doubters (myself included) to be right.

But it isnt just about this transfer window - its about the whole direction he is taking us in and the lack of ambition and the lack of net spend over the last few years. I am judging him on his record to date, not what he may or may not do in one transfer window.

But it isnt just about this transfer window - its about the whole direction he is taking us in and the lack of ambition and the lack of net spend over the last few years. I am judging him on his record to date, not what he may or may not do in one transfer window.

how many more years do some people need to suss out this owner.

It will hit the rest when they see Tiote and ben arfa (assuming he's over the injury) flourishing in another premiership team's shirt. I'm fed up of the general settling for just below medicrocy.

Quite looking forward to next season. IF we get one chunking great forward think a few will be surprised, more creativity in the side now than at any time in recent history.

how many more years do some people need to suss out this owner.

It will hit the rest when they see Tiote and ben arfa (assuming he's over the injury) flourishing in another premiership team's shirt. I'm fed up of the general settling for just below medicrocy.

Ah yes, I am his biggest fan after all.

Even though my post stated that I'm also a doubter.

I was all for giving it till the end of the window until pardew said "2 more signings". Fuck all of that 35m is getting reinvested. I have no hope left.

I was all for giving it till the end of the window until pardew said "2 more signings". Fuck all of that 35m is getting reinvested. I have no hope left.

The hope is this. Ashley will sell the club. It may be a while yet, but all of his machinations (I believe) are directed towards making it a saleable asset. i.e. relatively debt-free and stable in the PL. Hence no big money signings, no big wages and cashing in (e.g. Carroll) when he can. But he'll put enough in to stay afloat in the PL for obvious financial reasons. I'm getting to be an old man and I may not see the club have any success in my lifetime but I hope my son or grandson will.

That's the hope I have left in me.

Wayne Bridge on loan, Why not

Theres 10s of thousands of reasons every week why not...far too many for Ashley anyway.

Any chance that Bridge's agent is planting 'come and get me' stories in the press?

Dimitri Payet talking about his move to Lille in the French press has said that we were in for him but he chose Lille as he didn't think he was ready for a move abroad. Also Le Figaro said yesterday that us and Everton are courting Cheick Diabate of Bourdeaux.

So, if rumours are to be believed, man city get clichy, arsenal get enriqe and we wind up with a 30 year, over-the-hill player who knocked back the opportunity to come here a few years ago when he might have been able to offer us something.

We wind up with the short end of the stick just like the carroll deal.