The Warriors

LeazesMag

on ITV4 tonight

Old, might be dated, but good in its day

Cheers for the heads up. I've actually played the game of it (Rockstar on the PSP) which is superb but have yet to see the film.

on ITV4 tonight

Cheers for the heads up. I've actually played the game of it (Rockstar on the PSP) which is superb but have yet to see the film.

it was released in 1979. It's about gang warfare in New York. Is it the right one that you are playing Renton ? It's on tonight at 2310 and also repeated at 2100 tomorrow.

on ITV4 tonight

it was released in 1979. It's about gang warfare in New York. Is it the right one that you are playing Renton ? It's on tonight at 2310 and also repeated at 2100 tomorrow.

Aye, that's the one, the game uses a lot of footage from the film, has the same story line, and is superbly violent. This'll save me buying it. :o

cyrus_800x600.jpg

Can you dig it?

I was confused there for a minute - I use a subscription tv guide called Digiguide which has a film called "The Dark Avenger" in that timeslot but with the correct description - turns out that is an Errol Flynn film from 1955 which had the alternative title of "The Warriors".

The Warriors was one of those films that I associate with the emergence of video recorders - it was one of the first films you had to have once you got sorted for a machine - I remember The Wanderers and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre being in the set as well.

I enjoyed it at the time but fear Gemmill may be right - I think the memorable bits will still be good but the rest may not have aged well.

Guest alex
Way overrated. You'll watch it and think what the fuck was that all about. Aged worse than The Young Ones.

a.k.a 'doing an Alex'

Who rattled your cage, Peewee?

Way overrated. You'll watch it and think what the fuck was that all about. Aged worse than The Young Ones.

a.k.a 'doing an Alex'

Who rattled your cage, Peewee?

:o

Nee one...Turkey!

Caaan yoouuuuu diiiigg ittt?

The soundtrack's fucking awesome too.

" Nowhere to ruuun Baby,

Nowhere to hide"

I watched it a year or so back and it has dated a bit.

Still worth a watch for the insomniacs amongst us mind. :o