What mood are you in and why?

catmag

52 minutes ago, Renton said:

Older you get, the more that equation shifts to NO unfortunately. Still, if you can manage a Chinese takeaway you can't be too bad. 

Aye. I’m not even sure I’d last half of a 13 hour bender. And I’d still pay for it the next 2 days. 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Currently needing the famous Chinese Chow Mein hangover cure as it stands. 13 hour drinking day with the lads from work yesterday and if someone had offered me a lethal injection when I woke up this morning, I’d have snapped it up. That’ll be me done with big drinking for a while, I have to say. I had a quality day but is it really worth feeling this shite? Probably but shine a light

Mid 20s, I was fully done with big boozy nights. Couldn't cope with the hangover and hated spending my weekends completely fucked and being just about right come Monday morning in time for work. 

It's not a recipe for success. 

You all sound like an old colleague I was on the lash with one Sunday years back. Cunt casually rolls into work on Tuesday morning and everyone's asking him where the he was yesterday. Glaikit bastard thinks folk are just asking him about the weekend. "Went for a few beers with Blastronaut".

Naw ye didnae Brian. 

Amateurs.

• Haha 1

Is knackered a mood? The noise from Isha was unbelievable last night, peaking at 2 to 3. Was like being in a tornado for 4 hours. Fucking hate wind like this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Is knackered a mood? The noise from Isha was unbelievable last night, peaking at 2 to 3. Was like being in a tornado for 4 hours. Fucking hate wind like this. 

I've slept with ear plugs now for about 4 years.  I've got to a point now that if I forget them I cannot sleep.

Last night at one point I woke up for a jimmy riddle, went to the loo and yeh the noise from the storm was mental.  Just hope everyone is alright like.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I've slept with ear plugs now for about 4 years.  I've got to a point now that if I forget them I cannot sleep.

Last night at one point I woke up for a jimmy riddle, went to the loo and yeh the noise from the storm was mental.  Just hope everyone is alright like.

I'm going to have to use these for windy nights like these. It's part the noise but part the anxiety it brings. I'm within earshot of the sea and a park with trees (two of which are very much threatening to fall on my house but the council will do fuck all). The record UK winds were in Northumberland again yesterday (99 mph), however, unlike Arwen when I woke up to see a few houses no longer had roofs, didn't see any significant damage this morning. Without a doubt in my mind we are witnessing the effects of climate change, never used to have this many storms of this severity. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, I had a shit night’s sleep. The wind was fucking horrendous. Sounded as bad as Arwin a few years back though probably less damaging due to the more ‘normal’ direction this time. Coupled by having to go to Birmingham this morning. Although my train was cancelled I was able to catch a slightly later one which I was delighted about. 
It did make think about the hurricanes in places like the Caribbean though. Where the winds are sometimes 2-3 times stronger than that. That must be genuinely terrifying 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I had a shit night’s sleep. The wind was fucking horrendous. Sounded as bad as Arwin a few years back though probably less damaging due to the more ‘normal’ direction this time. Coupled by having to go to Birmingham this morning. Although my train was cancelled I was able to catch a slightly later one which I was delighted about. 
It did make think about the hurricanes in places like the Caribbean though. Where the winds are sometimes 2-3 times stronger than that. That must be genuinely terrifying 

I had a colleague who got his dream job as a GP in the Cayman islands in the mid 2000s. Moved his family there, then Hurricane Ivan struck, scoured the islands of nearly all habitation. Came back to the UK a month later. 

Mind, the 99 mph recorded at Alnwick moor last night puts it in the range of a category 2 hurricane. I guess this was a gust and not sustained wind though. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Mid 20s, I was fully done with big boozy nights. Couldn't cope with the hangover and hated spending my weekends completely fucked and being just about right come Monday morning in time for work. 

It's not a recipe for success. 

Aye.  Its the wasted time over the hangover that gets me,  But with my recent seizures anyways its a decent excuse not to :lol: 

• Like 2

I slept on the middle floor last night, cos sleeping in our bedroom up in the roof is noisy as fuck but also genuinely feels like something is gonna come loose. 

I'm an ear plug boy as well. I think I'm gonna get some moulded ones made both for sleeping and for loud environments (if I ever choose to leave the house again). 

April last year, I got a sort of blocked ear like I had a cold or whatever. Took ages to sort itself out, during which time my hearing in that ear was bollocksed. Anyway, when eventually the blocked feeling went, it was replaced by permanent hearing loss at higher frequencies (had two hearing tests to confirm this). Also my dickhead of a brain has decided that cos I can't hear those frequencies any more, maybe I'd like them replaced with round the clock high pitched tinnitus. 

Been for a CT to check for some neuroma (growth pressing on the auditory nerve), but didn't show anything. Waiting for an MRI to check the same thing, but basically nowt to worry about. It's NOT ageing related cos it's unilateral and happened really quickly which is why they're doing these further tests. 

Anyway, fortunately my hearing in my right hear is very good, but this was all a long winded way of saying I'm gonna protect what's left on both sides by being the sad cunt in earplugs at gigs etc. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I slept on the middle floor last night, cos sleeping in our bedroom up in the roof is noisy as fuck but also genuinely feels like something is gonna come loose. 

I'm an ear plug boy as well. I think I'm gonna get some moulded ones made both for sleeping and for loud environments (if I ever choose to leave the house again). 

April last year, I got a sort of blocked ear like I had a cold or whatever. Took ages to sort itself out, during which time my hearing in that ear was bollocksed. Anyway, when eventually the blocked feeling went, it was replaced by permanent hearing loss at higher frequencies (had two hearing tests to confirm this). Also my dickhead of a brain has decided that cos I can't hear those frequencies any more, maybe I'd like them replaced with round the clock high pitched tinnitus. 

Been for a CT to check for some neuroma (growth pressing on the auditory nerve), but didn't show anything. Waiting for an MRI to check the same thing, but basically nowt to worry about. It's NOT ageing related cos it's unilateral and happened really quickly which is why they're doing these further tests. 

Anyway, fortunately my hearing in my right hear is very good, but this was all a long winded way of saying I'm gonna protect what's left on both sides by being the sad cunt in earplugs at gigs etc. 

Hope you can get some sort of diagnosis which can be treated. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Been for a CT to check for some neuroma

Honestly mate, as much as we all love him, I wouldn't listen to a word he says about cooking, let alone medical things.

Sorry to hear this like. Ears are canny delicate and can get fucked up by infections and the like. I once flew back from the states and got off the plane to find I had lost my sense of balance. Was really distressing, it was like being very drunk most the time, and this lasted several months before resolving itself. You may get better just with more time. Otherwise you may need a hearing aid to match your geps. 

• Haha 9

I haven’t travelled much cross country in years on the train. It’s fucking snail’s pace once you get past York and leave the East Coast Mainline. If only there’d been some high speed link planned 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I haven’t travelled much cross country in years on the train. It’s fucking snail’s pace once you get past York and leave the East Coast Mainline. If only there’d been some high speed link planned 

Don't get Renton started FFS

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

All the best, mate. I hope they can get to the bottom of it and it’s nothing serious 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Yep. Loads of people were just in the (30 mins faster from Manchester or Leeds camp) but it would have revolutionised transport across the country to Birmingham as well (time and capacity). Oh well. even if it had gone ahead I guess I would have been retired before it came into service, so I say fuck the younger generation (not really). 

• Like 1

Cheers lads, as far as I'm aware it's nothing to worry about. If they don't find a neuroma, then there'll be no further treatment. If they do find one, then I think all they do is monitor any growth or further loss in hearing. Annual MRIs or something like that. 

The consultant that I got the CT off said to just basically forget about it and get on with my life. He was the same lad that set up the MRI just to confirm the CT results (it's difficult getting MRI with a pacemaker so I think I'll be waiting a while for that.) 

The tinnitus is annoying as fuck, but in the grand scheme of things that can go wrong with you at my age, a bit of hearing loss and tinnitus is getting off lightly to put it fucking mildly. My lass was on about a kid she teaches who has hearing problems and has lost all hearing in her left ear over the Christmas, and now they're monitoring the right and fearing the worst. This kid is 9 ffs. I've done alright. 

• Like 1

Scotty, just get them to give you a bionic ear to go with the jumper pack they put in your chest, you'll be right.

Maybe see if they can give you a two for one and get that strap on implant as well.

Hope it all turns out to be nothing and things right themselves.

Remember if you listen to the Jesus and Mary Chain, you won't notice the tinnitus.

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Scotty, just get them to give you a bionic ear to go with the jumper pack they put in your chest, you'll be right.

Maybe see if they can give you a two for one and get that strap on implant as we

We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

image.png.48a39937426a797e4448dc6b6bcfb93c.png

Ahh fuck man.

image.png.7fb4509a59c4680117c59ac0f73bd538.png

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Maybe see if they can give you a two for one and get that strap on implant as well.

Hope it all turns out to be nothing and things right themselves.

Remember if you listen to the Jesus and Mary Chain, you won't notice the tinnitus.

I think it might have been one of your posts in the music recommendation thread that set this whole thing going. The Various Sounds of DIY. 

• Haha 4

I had a similar problem with my ear which mainly happened around holidays so flying related so after one failed attempt to get the wax out I went for a session with someone operating what could be best described as a vacuum attachemt for orifices.

She pulled out a lump of wax that looked like the alien insect Khan puts in Chekov's ear at the start of Star Trek II. I asked for it to keep as a souvenir but she refused. 

Sorted the problem. 

I do have earplugs which I use when I spend the night with my lass as she's a snorer and was tempted to try them last night but was then paranoid I'd miss something  I needed to hear. Roll on about four hours fucking sleep. 

• Like 2

I got some water trapped in my ear whilst on holiday in Corfu back in 2004. 
Went to a doctor on the island to get the lugs jetwashed, and the things that came out were horrific. 
Like, you could probably tar a roof with it. 

Ever since, I’ve had to give em a blast every month or so and it’s both disgusting and fantastic- disgusting because of the amount, and colour, of the shit that falls out, and fantastic because I can hear again. 

• Haha 2