What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Daughters dropped off at my folks, out for wining and dining with the Wife as it's our twelfth anniversary tomorrow. Four years engagement prior to that as well. We've had our ups and downs including a split for a few months but I can honestly say I deserve a fucking medal the size of a frying pan and some gold plated ear plugs. ;)

Canny mood. I'm easily pleased: Asda pizza followed by a double decker for tea and 2 litres of Pepsi Max in the fridge. Might have a hot chocolate later. :D

Canny mood. I'm easily pleased: Asda pizza followed by a double decker for tea and 2 litres of Pepsi Max in the fridge. Might have a hot chocolate later. :D

Is Erroll Brown on standby then, Jill?

Tired, been recording since 8 30 this morning and will be until 8 tonight. The thought of the 8 bottles of Leffe in my fridge for the match tonight is what is keeping me going.

Have got horrendous holidaymakers' regret. Back at work today and am doing the whole "If I was still away I'd be doing x/y/z about now."

And I know I'm lucky to have a job etc, but seriously, fuck work.

half day today and off tomorrow, fecking queens visiting stormont for half an hour which has resulted in a "jubilee celebration" closing off all but one entrance into/out of the estate, all cars getting searched etc.

traffics a nightmare, took me 15minutes to get from the gate into the carpark at 7.40 this morning when it's dead, god knows what'll be like at busier times like hometime.

what mong thought this would be ideal to have a weekday like.

Is it Stormont you work at then Ant?

Not hanging around for the "historic handshake"?....

part of it aye, it's her celebration and she'll be shaking hands with him or something, joke of it is she's only going be here for 30minutes as well apparently.

Doubt if its much of a joke for the old Queen or McGuiness tbh...he murdered Prince Philip's uncle.

What is that, Barney?

Sciatic nerve which runs from your lower back, through your glute, down the back of the leg.

I thought I had strained my hamstring months ag, left if for ages and just didn't sprint at 100%. Eventually went to a physio who said I had pulled my glute(arse muscle) and it had in turn, pulled a muscle in my lower back, my IT band and my hamstring. I was in pain a few days after that session though, so changed physio who immediately reckoned it was my sciatic nerve, which had been aggravated during the initial physio session. He did a bit of back cracking and work on it and gave me a list of exercises/stretches. I took it fairly easy since then(no running/jogging). We had a big match last night though and it felt ok throughout. After I had cooled down though I felt absolutely fucked. Pains on the opposite side of my body now too, as I'm probably running like an oddity to compensante.

Back with the 2nd physio tomorrow. I want to get this sorted, but I'm really active and I'm worried I'll not be able to play football, do boot-camps, go running or anything if this keeps up.

not taking things out of context helps.

the joke of an all day "fair", 12 thousand people turning up, the estate being on lockdown for two days, and she's turning up for 30minutes.

the handshake bit could've been accomplished if that was the aim of the day at a private function but it isn't, the all day thing is some jubilee thing for her, which shes attending for less than an hour, stupid expense to incur and inconvenient for everyone

The preparation for her visits is mental like. She opened my other half's school a couple of years ago and they had security trawling the place for weeks beforehand. They also had all of the nutter pupils rounded up and effectively locked in a classroom on the other side of the building during the visit in case they decided to cause bother :lol:

I got thrown off a job in a hotel in 94 by the special branch preparing for the visit of the Tory Party to Bournemouth for their conference.....they said I had an "indistinguishable accent, possibly irish" and further security checks were needed on me :lol:

The preparation for her visits is mental like. She opened my other half's school a couple of years ago and they had security trawling the place for weeks beforehand. They also had all of the nutter pupils rounded up and effectively locked in a classroom on the other side of the building during the visit in case they decided to cause bother :lol:

Skinner does the same to Bart, Nelson et al when the inspector visits in The Simpsons. :D

Acute sciatica is nasty. Have you tried taking ibuprofen Barney? You can use ice packs aswell and see if they help.

Not tried using either. Been midly terrified at the thought of even looking it up online. I'll give the nurofen and ice a go, cheers.

That sounds shit. If it's nerve pain, can you not use something like amitriptyline? I was on it for a bit - low dosage has no side effects that I noticed.

Google yoga for sciatica as well. Looks like there's specific poses you can do for it. If it's good enough for Ryan Giggs...

Not tried using either. Been midly terrified at the thought of even looking it up online. I'll give the nurofen and ice a go, cheers.

You can use ice or heat packs and just see which one works best for you.

That sounds shit. If it's nerve pain, can you not use something like amitriptyline? I was on it for a bit - low dosage has no side effects that I noticed.

Google yoga for sciatica as well. Looks like there's specific poses you can do for it. If it's good enough for Ryan Giggs...

Amitriptyline just knocks you the fuck out in my experience.