Joe Cole

Guest The Three Lions

Guest Gordon McKeag
To the tune of The Keel Row if i'm not mistaken.

Absolutely correct. I'm still convinced it's Birtley. If someone can provide me evidence it's not Birtley I'll say I'm wrong.

"We'll may the keel row, the keel row, the keel row, We'll may the keel row that my laddies in"

"We're off to Birtley, to Birtley, to Birtley, We're off to Birtley to have a holiday".

Edited by Gordon McKeag

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie I'm beginning to think you're serious.. :lol:

They ran it as a TV ad for a short while as well as the radio. The text on the screen clearly said Burtree :lol:

Guest Gordon McKeag

They ran it as a TV ad for a short while as well as the radio. The text on the screen clearly said Burtree :lol:

Why would they have a geordie song for a caravan park in Yorkshire? Was 80s time this.

Why would they have a geordie song for a caravan park in Yorkshire? Was 80s time this.

:lol:

Guest Gordon McKeag
Another vote for Burtree her.

I know there are some diabolical places which market themselves as holiday destinations but Birtley?

Am sure there was a caravan park there.

I'm sure it was Burtree too. Typically, you can even find a Google hit for the North Eastern Co-Op "Fresh! That's how you like it, fresh! That's how we bring it to you" advert, but nothing for this bugger.

Stevie, whilst you're wrong :lol: I do seem to recall there being Birtley Caravans or something like that which sold the things. Nowt to do with the ad you're thinking of though. Perhaps that's where the confusion has arisen. Btw I recently spent a night at Cresswell Towers :lol: Charva-tastic. Beautiful beach though (Druridge Bay).

Edited by alex

Droopy's a bit miffed I think.... :icon_lol:

As for the bit in bold... :icon_lol::D;):):D:):D

Joe Cole 'wanted to join Tottenham' - Harry Redknapp

Harry Redknapp has revealed that new Liverpool signing Joe Cole had "wanted to come to Tottenham".

Cole, 28, joined the Reds on a free transfer this week after he was released by Chelsea in May.

"I spoke to him a month ago and I thought he was coming here," said Tottenham manager Redknapp, who managed the midfielder at West Ham.

"He wanted to come to Spurs. He'd made his mind up - I had no doubt. But a month went by and Liverpool moved in."

England international Cole signed a four-year deal with the Anfield club and will reportedly earn £90,000 per week.

Meanwhile, Redknapp believes Tottenham could win the Premier League this season.

The 63-year-old helped Spurs to their highest Premier League finish last season, with fourth spot also guaranteeing the club a place in the Champions League.

"I feel we could contend for the title; we have got the players here," added Redknapp.

"We have to aim for it. We could win the championship.

"Last year, we went in saying we wanted to finish in the top four and if you don't aim for things, you have no chance."

However Redknapp, whose only signing of the summer so far is Brazilian midfielder Sandro, said he would need to strengthen the squad in order to challenge strongly on both European and domestic fronts.

"The Champions League is massive - forget budgets - we just want to be there," stated Redknapp.

"If we can get into the group stages, we can make an impact. We have good players - some fantastic ones at our club. And they can get better.

"We are going to have to rotate at times - we cannot play the best players all the time. I feel that, if we can bring one or two players in, it will make a difference."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...pur/8844159.stm

To be fair I've watched a fair few Liverpool games in which Kuyt has played and I'm still not sure whether he's any good, or just tries hard.

To be fair I've watched a fair few Liverpool games in which Kuyt has played and I'm still not sure whether he's any good, or just tries hard.

hes better than anyone we have now

hes better than anyone we have now

Well said Harry Potter

We have Joe Cole yous have Joe Barton

Newcastle big club but Liverpool bigger (Newcastle local club, Liverpool worldwide)

Newcastle good city but Liverpool better thats why we won captial of culture

Newcastle produce Ant and Dec Liverpool produce John Lennon

We have Cheryl Cole you have Aveline

Liverpool England's biggest shithole Newcastle England's best provinicial city

Liverpool piss poor local fanbase 33,000 gates in the league recently Newcastle one of the best local fanbases in Europe

Newcastle produce George Stephenson Liverpool produce John Venables

Liverpool people cunts Newcastle people good lads and lasses

Liverpool people 31% on the dole Newcastle under the national average

Liverpool rob their own fans of tickets Newcastle fans buy each other pints

Liverpool fans push walls Newcastle fans piss on walls

Careful mate you might trigger a protest/march/wake.

Big burly scouser sat at a bar, when a gay guy walks in and whispers in his ear "do you want a blow job?".

Big bloke jumps up and smashes him to bits, then calmly sits back down.

Bar tender: "what did he say?"

Scouser: "Something about a job"

I heard they've now got holiday cottages at Younger's farm at Burradon. Imagine going on holiday to fucking Burradon? :icon_lol: