England -v- Algeria

As individuals these aren't really great people and under real pressure it shows.

nailed.

All the potential England captains........Terry, Ferdinand, Rooney, Gerrard, lampard ........ all 5 of them either not suitable characters with dodgy backrounds. Thats half the team, arguably the 5 most major players.

Is it money ?

Ability-wise, its the same old England. Can't keep the ball and believe their own hype.

WHILE Chelsea fans slunk home licking their wounds after last night’s dramatic defeat, millionaire midfielder Frank Lampard hit the town.

The England star, recently criticised for his “bachelor” lifestyle by the mother of his daughters and estranged girlfriend Elen Rives, was out until 5am.

After leaving Chelsea's Stamford Bridge ground, Lampard, 30, headed to nearby restaurant Carpaccio for dinner with his father Frank Lampard Snr, and sister Clare.

The footballer and some friends then moved on to Raffles nightclub on the Kings Road where he stayed until dawn.

The group were spotted ordering champagne for his table and engaging in an ice cube fight with some girls in the club.

pathetic.

Why?

so I'm not on ignore then :icon_lol:

There's a 'View this post' option to people who are on ignore. If you ever get a stalker of your own that you need to ignore, you'll find that out.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They think something is wrong. I think they're right.

Of course there's something fucking wrong!

Look, all of you trying to talk yourself into this, "We're really not all that good" blah, blah, blah- you're nuts. I was having this same discussion with a couple of people at the bar last night- remember all that shit you were talking before the USA game? When you described Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, etc. as dudes who'd had tons of experience in big matches and all that? When you lit up the teams (shite as they might have been, but that's another subject) in your qualifying group like Christmas Trees?

FFS, you have talented players out there. Anyone who has watched any Champions League or PL in the past 5 years cannot deny that. They're playing like shit this past week to be sure, but it's not because they're not good. It's because they're playing like shit. Case in point, am I nuts or did I see Gerrard make a run into the box yesterday then hold up and try to pass across then throw a shit fit when nobody was there to take the pass? That's the kind of shit that happens when you overthink things- why in God's name doesn't he shoot the fucking thing? Then to throw a fit because he passed the ball to a space surrounded by green jerseys instead of the feet of someone in white? Yeah, that's captain material for ya. Rat-faced prick...

I don't know, I have thought your roster strange since it was announced because it seemed you picked far too many players of the same type at midfield, not enough strikers, and a defense that's not all that suited to stopping and shutting down the opposition, but worst case scenario, it's at least fucking servicable. It should beat the Algerias of the world just like it beat those teams in your qualifying group. You looked good in your friendlies leading up to this thing, and while I realize that friendlies don't mean shit and all that, you hadn't looked bad until you came out against us a week ago today.

There's something wrong all right- maybe the team is tuning out the coach, maybe they're worn out or playing with injuries we aren't aware of, maybe they're pissed at each other over the whole Wayne Bridge thing, didn't train long enough at altitude, who knows, but being a fan of the U.S. and hearing all this talk about how your roster just isn't talented enough to compete at this stage is absolutely fucking galling.

As individuals these aren't really great people and under real pressure it shows.

nailed.

All the potential England captains........Terry, Ferdinand, Rooney, Gerrard, lampard ........ all 5 of them either not suitable characters with dodgy backrounds. Thats half the team, arguably the 5 most major players.

Is it money ?

Ability-wise, its the same old England. Can't keep the ball and believe their own hype.

WHILE Chelsea fans slunk home licking their wounds after last night’s dramatic defeat, millionaire midfielder Frank Lampard hit the town.

The England star, recently criticised for his “bachelor” lifestyle by the mother of his daughters and estranged girlfriend Elen Rives, was out until 5am.

After leaving Chelsea's Stamford Bridge ground, Lampard, 30, headed to nearby restaurant Carpaccio for dinner with his father Frank Lampard Snr, and sister Clare.

The footballer and some friends then moved on to Raffles nightclub on the Kings Road where he stayed until dawn.

The group were spotted ordering champagne for his table and engaging in an ice cube fight with some girls in the club.

pathetic.

Why?

There's a 'View this post' option to people who are on ignore. If you ever get a stalker of your own that you need to ignore, you'll find that out.

on the contrary, thompers, I've never put anybody on ignore, never have and never will. It defeats the whole object of the message board. You can read something if you want, but you don't have to reply. And its also massively juvenile too. Your views are wrong, and uninformed, but I can still either choose to read them or not, and reply accordingly if I also choose to.

For the record I'm not stalking you. I linked a thread where you stalked me if you remember, if it matters.

:angry:

Look, all of you trying to talk yourself into this, "We're really not all that good" blah, blah, blah- you're nuts. I was having this same discussion with a couple of people at the bar last night- remember all that shit you were talking before the USA game? When you described Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, etc. as dudes who'd had tons of experience in big matches and all that? When you lit up the teams (shite as they might have been, but that's another subject) in your qualifying group like Christmas Trees?

FFS, you have talented players out there. Anyone who has watched any Champions League or PL in the past 5 years cannot deny that. They're playing like shit this past week to be sure, but it's not because they're not good. It's because they're playing like shit. Case in point, am I nuts or did I see Gerrard make a run into the box yesterday then hold up and try to pass across then throw a shit fit when nobody was there to take the pass? That's the kind of shit that happens when you overthink things- why in God's name doesn't he shoot the fucking thing? Then to throw a fit because he passed the ball to a space surrounded by green jerseys instead of the feet of someone in white? Yeah, that's captain material for ya. Rat-faced prick...

I don't know, I have thought your roster strange since it was announced because it seemed you picked far too many players of the same type at midfield, not enough strikers, and a defense that's not all that suited to stopping and shutting down the opposition, but worst case scenario, it's at least fucking servicable. It should beat the Algerias of the world just like it beat those teams in your qualifying group. You looked good in your friendlies leading up to this thing, and while I realize that friendlies don't mean shit and all that, you hadn't looked bad until you came out against us a week ago today.

There's something wrong all right- maybe the team is tuning out the coach, maybe they're worn out or playing with injuries we aren't aware of, maybe they're pissed at each other over the whole Wayne Bridge thing, didn't train long enough at altitude, who knows, but being a fan of the U.S. and hearing all this talk about how your roster just isn't talented enough to compete at this stage is absolutely fucking galling.

interesting views. But this happens every world cup and European Championship ? Why ?

nailed.

Is it money ?

pathetic.

Why?

so I'm not on ignore then :angry:

on the contrary, thompers, I've never put anybody on ignore, never have and never will. It defeats the whole object of the message board. You can read something if you want, but you don't have to reply. And its also massively juvenile too. Your views are wrong, and uninformed, but I can still either choose to read them or not, and reply accordingly if I also choose to.

For the record I'm not stalking you. I linked a thread where you stalked me if you remember, if it matters.

:icon_lol:

:icon_lol: I suppose you're not stalking your ex lass either because she once had consensual sex with you

So anyway, the bit you highlighted and commented on, are you going to explain it?

nailed.

Is it money ?

pathetic.

Why?

:icon_lol: I suppose you're not stalking your ex lass either because she once had consensual sex with you

So anyway, the bit you highlighted and commented on, are you going to explain it?

Nowt to explain. I think it's stupid and pathetic. What do you want me to explain ? Are you going to answer Alex [and me] in the other thread ?

If there is this problem that all the pundits are talking about, then this us the perfect opportunity for Beckham to justify his presence there by acting as conduit to get the squad's message to the manager. Realistically, his playing career is over so he doesn't need to worry about that. If Capello reacts poorly to it then it doesn't really matter for Beckham and he still gets to say he did the right thing, in the interests I'd the campaign. Easy game.

nailed.

Is it money ?

pathetic.

Why?

Nowt to explain. I think it's stupid and pathetic. What do you want me to explain ? Are you going to answer Alex [and me] in the other thread ?

Stupid and pathetic? So would you prefer he had a flirt with the men like or what? Or should he be a virgin because he's a footballer?

And there's nothing to answer, you've bored the tits off the other thread enough for me to avoid it. Why are you mentioning that thread in this thread? That's how topics go off subject, mods take note.

If there is this problem that all the pundits are talking about, then this us the perfect opportunity for Beckham to justify his presence there by acting as conduit to get the squad's message to the manager. Realistically, his playing career is over so he doesn't need to worry about that. If Capello reacts poorly to it then it doesn't really matter for Beckham and he still gets to say he did the right thing, in the interests I'd the campaign. Easy game.

Good call.

nailed.

Is it money ?

pathetic.

Why?

Stupid and pathetic? So would you prefer he had a flirt with the men like or what? Or should he be a virgin because he's a footballer?

And there's nothing to answer, you've bored the tits off the other thread enough for me to avoid it. Why are you mentioning that thread in this thread? That's how topics go off subject, mods take note.

you asked me a question, and said I'm stalking you ? I told you my answer. I think playing ice cube games with girls in a club is stupid for a grown man like he is supposed to be. He's been criticised for his lifestyle by the mother of his kids, and you wonder why ? Then you make a stupid remark about my "ex lass", then also say I am taking the thread off topic. Mods take note.

Fact is lad, you have been totally shown up to be a know-nowt in that other thread. You are unable to decide if you want to ignore me or not, you say you are and then on 2 occasions get drawn into a response to me again.

You've done nowt but argue with people and give abuse at posters since you signed up to this board, mods take note.

nailed.

Is it money ?

pathetic.

Why?

:woosh:

you asked me a question, and said I'm stalking you ? I told you my answer. I think playing ice cube games with girls in a club is stupid for a grown man like he is supposed to be. He's been criticised for his lifestyle by the mother of his kids, and you wonder why ? Then you make a stupid remark about my "ex lass", then also say I am taking the thread off topic. Mods take note.

Fact is lad, you have been totally shown up to be a know-nowt in that other thread. You are unable to decide if you want to ignore me or not, you say you are and then on 2 occasions get drawn into a response to me again.

You've done nowt but argue with people and give abuse at posters since you signed up to this board, mods take note.

Grown man having breakdown, mods take note.

nailed.

Is it money ?

pathetic.

Why?

so I'm not on ignore then :woosh:

:woosh:

Grown man having breakdown, mods take note.

dear me thompers.

interesting views. But this happens every world cup and European Championship ? Why ?

Astute readers of this messageboard will know that I haven't watched football nearly long enough to make a completely informed comment on that question, but here's my take on it-

1) Pick a side, not 23 individuals

Olympic basketball is one of those sports we should dominate in a similar way to how the English should dominate football- we invented it, we've played it longer than most, etc. etc. We don't always get the job done though, even though we boast having the majority of the most talented players on the planet? Why? I feel it comes down to picking stars and not players who can function as a team.

When the England roster is selected- it needs to not be a process similar to fantasy football, in other words, just because a guy is great at a particular position shouldn't necessarily mean he gets the roster slot. Headcases that go out and party it up after a loss don't make the cut on my roster. Neither do players who can't seem to keep their dicks out of their teammate's girlfriends. Neither do guys who stand around and blame everyone else for their own performance or lack thereof.

2) Similarity breeds failure

Let's be honest, the PL is one of the top leagues in all the world and if I'm not mistaken, all of your players come from it. In a strange way though, I think that sort of hurts you.

The PL is a physical league (not as much as Championship obviously), but the world game, the FIFA game isn't nearly as much. To me, it's more like watching Liga or Serie A. I realize it's every English kid's dream to play in the PL, but picking a couple of guys from teams on the continent might not be a bad idea once in awhile. Especially midfielders and/ or backs because those are the guys who need to know how to shut down players without getting called for fouls.

England plays a wrecking ball style better than anyone, but unfortunately for you, that doesn't really get you anywhere in World Cup.

3) Hunger, fire in the belly, etc. etc.

While experience in big games is a great thing for a player to possess, there are times it can be a hindrance. Seems like just about everyone on your squad have won an EPL title and/ or Champions League. Again- having a few of those types around is great (again, assuming they don't violate point 1 above) because they can help the players who have not had the success or pressure on a massive stage. However, having a roster with closets full of hardware can also breed complacency. It wouldn't hurt to have a few players who were still in this thing feeling like they still had something to prove.

That's all I got for now- I have to go AFK for a few- I've now got a wet shoulder covered in baby formula. :icon_lol:

Will you two fuck off to your own thread and stop de-railing every other one?

Seriously. Ban the pricks for a week or something until they stop this fucking pathetic carry-on.

Wooooah! Bit harsh (on me) officer G!

England plays a wrecking ball style better than anyone, but unfortunately for you, that doesn't really get you anywhere in World Cup.

I see where you are aiming here.....I tend to agree, not sure how to explain it better though

Leazes could start an argument in an empty room.

except I didn't start it did I ? But I'll let this one go for the sake of the thread.

I asked you a question regarding a comment in the thread, you veered off topic, you'll find