England -v- Algeria

held to a draw by the mighty algerians. this was all so predictable. those saying we were going to do well must be feeling a bit silly now england have reverted to type. there just isn't anything remotely fun about watching them.

rooney, lampard, gerrard and heskey all awful.

why the fuck is heskey playing? oh yeah, he does all that good work for the team that apparently outweighs the fact that he can't shoot, pass or control the ball.

i predict a laboured victory over slovenia then a glorious failure in the knockout stages - either a pen shoot out defeat or an 'unjust' sending off, so the majority of deluded england fans can say we were cheated.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a fan managed to find his way into the England dressing room after the match. Hope he gave them a fucking piece of his mind...

FA complaining to FIFA apparently.

I love how it's now Capellos fault England are playing crap, literally successful everywhere he went but his fault hes not getting them to play.

Team doesn't gel well hasn't done for ages and lampard and Gerard together has never worked but they /have/ to play together,

Who the hell do you think picks the side you jizz receptacle?

I love how it's now Capellos fault England are playing crap, literally successful everywhere he went but his fault hes not getting them to play.

Team doesn't gel well hasn't done for ages and lampard and Gerard together has never worked but they /have/ to play together,

Who picks team/tactics and who and when to sub?

Beckham?

Well that's patently nonsense given their performances in the qualifiers.

Using Aston Villa's reserve striker is asking for criticism. He has always had the option to put Gerrard off Rooney and or use Joe Cole, a proven world cup player.

The reality is that our two biggest hopes of doing well in this competition are not providing us with what we believe they can do. Rooney and Capello are falling massively short.

Using Aston Villa's reserve striker is asking for criticism. He has always had the option to put Gerrard off Rooney and or use Joe Cole, a proven world cup player.

The reality is that our two biggest hopes of doing well in this competition are not providing us with what we believe they can do. Rooney and Capello are falling massively short.

Joe Cole hasnt kicked a ball in the competition yet folks...isnt postman pat on 6 million a year or something?..... :angry:

tournament football is strange...not many countries are that good at it and one of the greatest club managers is quite plainly struggling :icon_lol:

The truth is our players aren't as good as we think they are. Gerrard has had the propensity to go missing for Liverpool too. When he does play well its generally part of a team which includes none of his ENgland Team Mates. Rooney is brilliant at Man U where he gets good service from other none England playing team mates. Lampard is surrounded by world class players who....... yes you guessed it dont play for England. The truth is they are all made to look brilliant as part of teams which allow them to shine. Put them all together and they turn to shit.

We have to put all this tactical shit aside and go a flat 442 and start two strikers who score goals and just go for it.

No we don't - we need to start playing Joe Cole as he's our best player at keeping possession and making things happen at international level.

The fact of the matter is Parky, a lot of these players aren't good enough.

Oh I agree with that 2Jackets, but there are a lot of girls in the kitchen.....

Are we a the same stage in this compeition as we were in 86 when wed played 2 piss poor draws in the first two group games?........SBR bit the bulet and played Pedro up front with Linekar and we mullered Poland 3 nowt...and a player as unassuming as Steve Hodge had a lot to do with it as well....over to you Fabster... :icon_lol:

That's about it innit. Don't really matter what the gardners do if the flowers are still at Ikea.

The only positive was winning money on Carragher getting booked. That's gone straight on a "Slovenia to win or draw" for the next match.

It's already old news but Rooney's hissy fit was just pitiful - he was even worse than Heskey, and that's saying something.

The truth is our players aren't as good as we think they are. Gerrard has had the propensity to go missing for Liverpool too. When he does play well its generally part of a team which includes none of his ENgland Team Mates. Rooney is brilliant at Man U where he gets good service from other none England playing team mates. Lampard is surrounded by world class players who....... yes you guessed it dont play for England. The truth is they are all made to look brilliant as part of teams which allow them to shine. Put them all together and they turn to shit.

spot on.

I don't hesitate to say that Capello has a lot to do with the rubbish served up by the England team.

For openers Rooney should have been taken off, he had no impact on the game in either half, in fact he was a waste of space.

To take Lennon off and replace him with Wright-Phillips does not speak highly of Capello's management skill. He saw how useless he was against the USA and he has Joe Cole twiddling his thumbs on the bench.

Hesky off, Defoe on. Is his mind set against using Joe Cole.

Barry off, Crouch on, why not Milner who must be over his problem. Who did he expect to feed Crouch?

Carrager is gone with 2 yellow cards so who will Capello go with against Slovenia, Upson or Dawson, or does he have a card up his sleeve.

Maybe he should have taken Anon.Lampard off and given Carrick a try.

There wasn't one player who impressed or put his stamp on the game.

I don't hesitate to say that Capello has a lot to do with the rubbish served up by the England team.

For openers Rooney should have been taken off, he had no impact on the game in either half, in fact he was a waste of space.

To take Lennon off and replace him with Wright-Phillips does not speak highly of Capello's management skill. He saw how useless he was against the USA and he has Joe Cole twiddling his thumbs on the bench.

Hesky off, Defoe on. Is his mind set against using Joe Cole.

Barry off, Crouch on, why not Milner who must be over his problem. Who did he expect to feed Crouch?

Carrager is gone with 2 yellow cards so who will Capello go with against Slovenia, Upson or Dawson, or does he have a card up his sleeve.

Maybe he should have taken Anon.Lampard off and given Carrick a try.

There wasn't one player who impressed or put his stamp on the game.

Apart from that though he's doing ok. :icon_lol:

Noelie, you mention Milner there, but I'd say his confidence is shot after the USA game. He'd be an accident waiting to happen. Green too.

I disagree about taking Rooney off, but you can argue either side. He was poor, but is liable to win 3pts on his own. The press would have a field day anyway.

usual stuff - I'll bet we need to score with 5 minutes remaing in the next game and Stevie G will score a miracle goal.......... a

We slaughter Germany 9-0 in the Group of 16 and then

We'll crater horribly in the QF to Honduras

Guest The Three Lions
Christ this feels even worse now with a fucking trainwreck of a hangover.

I'm so miserable and hungover :icon_lol: We are wank.

Why does that iron haired cunt not get Joe Cole on, what has he got to do, SWP did nothing in the first game to merit coming on in this game, he's creative, keeps the ball, can dribble, has a good shot, what's he got to do. He links up well for Chelsea with Lampard, I mean honestly SWP has been shit for a long time, Adam Johnson fully merits his place ahead of him in the Man City team so why is SWP even in the squad. It's not just him, there's fuck all movement or creativity.

Rooney is a disgrace, what he's done on the pitch and what he did walking off it. "That's loyal supporters for yer". Aye fuckin supporters who have paid many thousands of pounds to watch that load of fuckin shite. What an arsehole. Probably looking for browny points off those ABE Man Utd fans.

I got a text off me mate at 7am the cunt woke me up "Keep the faith we can still do it", I've lost all faith, I disagree with people saying they're shit players and have world class players around them at Chelsea etc.. load of wank, Lampard is arguably Chelsea's most important player, Gerrard has been Liverpool's for ten years, Rooney without even a doubt is Man Utd's, there's something inexplicable that causes them to play shit for England, I don't know what it is, but I just get the impression you're not going to see England against a top team which is a shame, because I'm clinging to the belief that we raise our game against better sides, who go out to beat us. We always play well against Argentina for example, but our only hope now is if Rooney gets his fat scouse finger out, with Gerrard off him, and a midfield with Joe Cole in. :angry:

Yeah, just watched that clip of Rooney having a pop at the England fans, petchulent little bastard. I think the fans have every right to get on the team's back, they've not performed at all so they can't be surprised with the response they got. More effort's needed, Lampard needs to be replaced by Carrick or someone else - you'd think nearly 10 years of Lampard and Gerrard not working these managers would get the hint. Cole on would have helped as would Defoe and Crouch up front. Shoddy attempt at the biggest tournament in the world, Capello's no different that any other mediocre manager we've had.

They looked like a bunch of strangers who'd been flung together at the last minute, there is no sense of team.

Even the crappy countries (e.g. N Korea) have a team method/approach, can pass and move instinctively. Ingerlund get the ball and seem to have to look around for the next pass, no understanding and very easily closed down. They don't even look organised at the back, meet ateam with a decent "cutting edge" up front and they'll be royally fucked.

Couldn't undrstand the SWP/Lennon sub, it's going badly, needs a change, so he changes it like for like. Very strange. It was screaming out for Joe Cole to come on.

Don't buy the idea that the players arnt good enough for one minute, maybe not good enough to win the competition but certainly good enough to go very far in it.

There seems to be some underlying problems in terms of squad harmony, morale etc does anyone else get the impression half the squad despise each other? The issues surrounding numerous key player's personal lives in he last 6 months or so could well be contributing too. All of these are poor excuses on their part to a great extent but I still reckon it's a big issue nonetheless.