Absolute Bastards

Matt

Was awoken by the shout of fellow housemate and Toontastic lackey Mr Fish and swiftly came downstairs to discover some pikey bastards had swiped our TV.

We were supposed to be having people round for the game today but that's gone the distance (sorry Meenz) as we have to leave the room untouched waiting for the SOCO who could be any time today.

Having spent all day yesterday getting the house looking fit for human consuption and done shuttle runs to asda for food and drink in temperatures akin to Baghdad all ready for one last summer shindig in the current location (moving in 2 weeks ffs), it's absolutely gutting. My main concern is that they can get in and come back for more, so I'm going to get the landlord to change the front door lock and put locks on the room doors.

I'd had a cracking few days including securing a new job within the company I work for and was all going swimmingly...

Was awoken by the shout of fellow housemate and Toontastic lackey Mr Fish and swiftly came downstairs to discover some pikey bastards had swiped our TV.

We were supposed to be having people round for the game today but that's gone the distance (sorry Meenz) as we have to leave the room untouched waiting for the SOCO who could be any time today.

Having spent all day yesterday getting the house looking fit for human consuption and done shuttle runs to asda for food and drink in temperatures akin to Baghdad all ready for one last summer shindig in the current location (moving in 2 weeks ffs), it's absolutely gutting. My main concern is that they can get in and come back for more, so I'm going to get the landlord to change the front door lock and put locks on the room doors.

I'd had a cracking few days including securing a new job within the company I work for and was all going swimmingly...

Still pissed off that I didn't wake up. Sorry mate.

Surprised they're sending anybody higher than a plod round to be honest, was fully expecting the "Yeah there's been a spate of these, we'll take your details and add them to the file, here's the incident number thankyou and goodbye"

(I have been listening into the feeds for East London, but I've not heard us have a mention yet... )

Surprised they're sending anybody higher than a plod round to be honest, was fully expecting the "Yeah there's been a spate of these, we'll take your details and add them to the file, here's the incident number thankyou and goodbye"

(I have been listening into the feeds for East London, but I've not heard us have a mention yet... )

I'm not surpised they're sending a detective round, I think it's standard policy nowadays. We got one when some scrote ripped the number plate from our car. Never heard from him again like.

Anyway, commiserations, getting burgled is a right shitter. It'll come as no consolation but getting burgled was the norm in the 80s and early 90s, it happened to me four times in two years once. Because of this I couldn't get insurance, so I pretty much ended up owning nothing to my name at all. I'd like to castrate the twats that did it but there was never any serious effort to identify them.

Sickener, hope you get sorted and get to see the game......which one of you is babysitting for the coppers, and which one's going to the pub?

Well he'll be drinking beer and eating burger while watching it on an old portable which is about the size of a gnats fanny and I'm at work watching it on a 32" screen with my feet on the desk...

so it's fairly even. :lol:

Arse is clearly dropping there like Fishy, sounds to me like someone needed a bit extra cash and decided to stage a "burglary" thinking it would be a piece of piss. Now its gone too far and people are getting hurt. Just 'fess up and pop the telly back in time for the game, theres a good lad.

Arse is clearly dropping there like Fishy, sounds to me like someone needed a bit extra cash and decided to stage a "burglary" thinking it would be a piece of piss. Now its gone too far and people are getting hurt. Just 'fess up and pop the telly back in time for the game, theres a good lad.

:lol:

Peasepud brave enough to say what everyone is thinking. :icon_lol:

Honestly, if I had the where-with-all to be a master criminal don't you think I could afford a nicer pair of trainers?

The only reason Pud isn't a suspect is that there isn't a dandruff trail on the ceiling!

Moving house to a much nicer neighbourhood, where the only thing burgled is your back door, fnarr fnarr

Sorry to hear lads!

Hopefully you get sorted. Covered by insurance so you should be getting a nice new bigger T.V?

Well he's buggering off to live with his missus in a lah-de-dah flat in a nicer area of London, so I'm guessing any money he gets off the insurance will go on the first month's butlering fees.

I'm moving to Sarf Lahndan so I'll be too busy concentrating on my jerky neck movements and finger clicking to be bothering with tv watching.

just had a Hobby Bobby come round to tell me how best to protect the house from burglary. That's like pushing a woman down the stairs after she's had the kid :D

Guest The Three Lions

I just had a vision of trainspotting there when they're sat eating fish and chips on the bed, and the tellies gone. That's some type of London bedsit too.

Although I suspected Fish at first, I'll tell you who is suspiciously absent from this thread..... Meenzer.

You, your lass and Fishy......Who else knew you had a telly?

Meenz thats who and now hes watching reruns of the 78 Eurovision in glorious technocolor. :D

Although I suspected Fish at first, I'll tell you who is suspiciously absent from this thread..... Meenzer.

You, your lass and Fishy......Who else knew you had a telly?

Meenz thats who and now hes watching reruns of the 78 Eurovision in glorious technocolor. :D

:rolleyes:

Mind, that was a particularly rubbish year even by Eurovision standards, so that'd really be taking the piss. Kind of like watching England-Germany on it.