Dan Gosling

BigAl

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He knows he's joining an infinitely better supported, higher profile club, who can achieve more than Everton's limits long term if the club is run right. Everton don't have the infrastructure in the modern game. I mean on the face of it they're a well run average sized club, but the contract situation there beggars belief and screams of small time.

When I've seen him he's looked a good player, quite technical and keeps the ball well.

And you wonder why a lot of the country think the Geordie faithful to be massively deluded?

You think at the moment Newcastle are a higher profile club than Everton?!! WTF?!!!!! :icon_lol:;):icon_lol:

You say that we dont have the infrastructure to suceed in the modern game, but Newcastle do?

How about you make these statements in 5 years time once/if Ashley has left and your team have not only managed to stay in the premier league but then built upon that and advanced to such a stage that you are regularly finishing above Everton.

"If the club is run right" ... Fuck me when has it EVER been run correctly?!!

If its "making bold statements day" i'll throw my 2 pence worth in and say that "IF" Everton were bought out by a man with a decent amount of money and could afford to build us a new stadium Newcastle would NEVER be able to hold a candle to Everton! Our "infrastructure" in terms of little debt and and excellent squad means that we are already light years ahead of you on the pitch! Put in our history and heritage and you can quite frankly feck off lol!

No offence to the more grounded supporters on here, but this guy is on some seriously mind warping drugs if he actually believes what he wrote lol!

Firstly of course we're a higher profile club than Everton. People are interested in us, we are more newsworthy, because we hold greater appeal, and it's not just due to our far bigger fanbase, we just hold more national appeal because for the right reasons and wrong reasons (and there are plenty of those) we are far more interesting club. Whether you dispute that is irrelevant, we are. You're there but no one really cares, the type of club who could win 10 champions leagues in a row, but the country and media would think so fuck boring cunts. I've spoken with Everton fans about this and it irks them, the fact that nationally you're seen as a dull club. That said Moyes has massively overachieved with the club, he's worked wonders with a club which has arguably the worst stadium in the country (with cheapest ticket prices) and what was a very mediocre turnover.

What I meant about the infrastructure was the stadium, I appreciate you've built an adequate new training complex, but the actual fanbase you have as well as the stadium are arguably better suited to the Championship than the Premiership, but fair play to Moyes as I said, a club like you, with the turnover you have (and location), problems you have regarding a new stadium which could never happen, coming in the top half let alone the top six is an excellent achievement.

Now compare that infrastructure with ours, one of the best training facilities in Europe, other than Manchester United arguably the biggest LOCAL fanbase in the country, one of the finest stadiums in Europe which is regularly full, history of sustaining top 3/4 finishes, history of being in the top 10 richest clubs in Europe, you can't even compare the infrastructure at Everton in modern day football. That said what Moyes has been trying to build at Everton could be compared to Clough at Derby, but with such a humble set up, he should be knighted.

As for Newcastle never being able to hold a candle to Everton if you had a new stadium, you can't fill a tiny 39,000 capacity stadium now, 18,000 turn out in the UEFA Cup, you're an irrelevant club who have overachieved. The fanbase is a clubs core, I can't even remember you bringing more than 2,000 here in the last 10 years. You're a smaller Aston Villa imo.

Your history and heritage yes, you've won 15 trophies to our 11, yet you're seen as a succesful club throughout the ages, and we're seen as underachievers. What does that tell you? No one notices you or cares, you're just there, Everton.

Like I say its really up to you guys how you want to be viewed. Personally I'd take our slightly "dull" and quiet progression over the moyes era to the comical circus that has been Newcastle United over the years. I came on here to give some insight in to Gosling (which most of you want to ignore thinking somehow you know better because you caught "50 top prospects in England" in the Sun one week), and surprise surprise the more humble people that seemed to emerge when the toon went down have completely turned round or at least disappeared.

It was interesting last year because the attitude had changed to such a more realistic view of your club, but now you've been promoted its back to the old times of believing you're a "massive club".

Do you know anything about our training facilties btw? To call them "adequate" just shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh and we're a team more suited to the Championship?!!! You do realise we had the 8th highest home attendance in the Premier League last season? This in "arguably the worst stadium in the premier league".

So yes Newcastle have an excellent stadium, and a great local fan base, but you're just a newly promoted club who have a serious amount of rebuilding to do, a clown in charge of the whole setup and really should learn to walk before you run.

Try a little bit of realism and if you do you'll realise its not always good to have attention (especially when people are laughing at you), that despite your fiercly loyal support you are sometimes completely blinded by your loyalty, you are not anything other than a newly promoted club who must EARN the right to be in the premier league and then spend several years building on that and becoming a GOOD club... you are not there at this moment in time... like I say try to see things without your black and white tinted glasses on.

I wish The Toon all the best for the new season I really do, I live here and have lots of Geordie mates, I even go to the odd game... But some of you, some of the time need to take a step back and look at things from the real world!

Most of the humble posters have disappeared?? Have they? None of them have said anything offensive about Everton they're just stating facts. The only positive comparison they've had about us compared to Everton in this post apart from me, stating what most people think, is we're a far far higher profile club, and you rightly point out it's better to be comparative nobodies and progress on the pitch, and you're right because that's what it's all about. So explain where anyone has lacked humility on here, apart from you rushing over to tell people that Gosling's not very good and was never good enough for Everton. Every time I saw him he looked a player. Three years ago I would've said everything you've said there about James Milner, yet here we are and he's on the verge of a £30m move and is playing for England.

As for try a little realism, and the humility thing, I haven't seen one person say we'd come higher than 14th next season, most of us would take 17th now, as long as we settle in and gradually build up again to let the club fulfill it's almost unlimited potential in the future. People laughing at us, nah we don't care, as Cantona once it's good to be talked about even when it's bad because it shows you exist.

No one said we are a good club at this moment in time, we're nothing like the club we were or can be, where has anyone said we're a good club?

Lastly who isn't living in the real world, just an emotional post of nonsense that mate, and even though people like me don't respect your club, get a grip and hold on to the belief that you are what you think you are.

Are you being serious? Maybe you should go back and re-read what you wrote?

Here's a few excerts just in case you missed them:

You're there but no one really cares, the type of club who could win 10 champions leagues in a row, but the country and media would think so fuck boring cunts

But the actual fanbase you have as well as the stadium are arguably better suited to the Championship than the Premiership

That said what Moyes has been trying to build at Everton could be compared to Clough at Derby, but with such a humble set up, he should be knighted

You're an irrelevant club who have overachieved

You are either a deliberately or accidentaly patronising twat... either way you're a patronising twat.

Also I didnt "rush over here" to tell Everyone Gosling ins't very good. I actually read this forum sometimes and decided that seeing as I would obviously know more about the player then most on here i'd offer a insight in to your new signing. I probs shouldn't have bothered as some on here are quite clearly the font of all football knowledge.

You think you come across as humble? Really?

Aye that's me you said the humble posters have disappeared, as if everyone thinks we're Barcelona. Coming on here saying we lack humility, we know how shite we are, no one has even disputed that, so take me out of the equation, who else lacks humility?

Hmm probs just you tbh... I hadn't twigged that all those posts were from the same person at first.

Guest Gordon McKeag

Got too much work to do this afternoon to argue with this scouse scruff, but nothing I have said isn't true.

Got too much work to do this afternoon to argue with this scouse scruff, but nothing I have said isn't true.

Well on one hand you're saying that Gosling's long term ambitions can be met better at Newcastle than Everton... as in implying the Toon will no doubt have better chances of silverware than Everton?

Yet then you say Newcastle United are shit? Surely if you're shit you will struggle to stay up this season. Surely if you struggle to stay up this season it means you accept the fact you may not do so and be relegated.

Yet you say Gosling's long term ambitions can be better served at Newcastle United?

Your arguments dont even make any sense!

Well on one hand you're saying that Gosling's long term ambitions can be met better at Newcastle than Everton... as in implying the Toon will no doubt have better chances of silverware than Everton?

Yet then you say Newcastle United are shit? Surely if you're shit you will struggle to stay up this season. Surely if you struggle to stay up this season it means you accept the fact you may not do so and be relegated.

Yet you say Gosling's long term ambitions can be better served at Newcastle United?

I think stevie meant that your midfield is of a somewhat better quality than ours. Gosling will get more of an opportunity to advance his career with us as he may not get into your first XI.

Edited by Zebra

Spoke to lots of non-Everton people about this kid who all are of the opinion that we've signed one of the best English prospects in the league.

What's concerning though is that Milner was considered that when we took him of Leeds for next to nothing and we ended up selling on at a profit. Hope the same doesn't happen here if he realises his potential..... but I bet it will! :icon_lol:

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! One of the best English prospects in the league? Who the fuck have you been speaking too?

Seriously mate he's ok with the potential to be a decent enough player... he will never be good enough to play international football and will never be good enough to command a place in a top 6 or 7 team.

Dont get me wrong for a newly promoted club with little money to spend its a good signing, but I suggest the non-everton people you have been speaking to actually go and watch players properly before making such poor observations about them.

I would say on current ability he's a 5/10. He has the potential to be a 6.5/10 player if he progresses to his maximum potential abilty.

Are you a regular attender of Everton games Andy? I do think your assesment sounds honest but I'm interested to know how backed up it is. And I would say Gosling has regularly been talked up by football people as a great prospect (whether this is right or wrong I don't know but obviously I hope it's right).

I get to a few games a year but watch pretty much every match on the internet or telly when I cant get there.

A lot of players get talked up because they do one good thing without "those in the know" actually seeing the player when they are having a nightmare most games. I mean just look at the shower of shite that is Lee Dixon and Mark Bright to see that those in the know are quite often clueless morons.

Gosling scored the winner for us against Liverpool in the FA CUP and as a result was catapulted to a certain degree in to the media's attention... therefore he gets seen to be this great prospect. If these people actually watched the player week in week out (well when he was getting a game) they'd have seen that his overall game is limited.

I agree wholheartedly with what you're saying there but I would also fire back at you that I don't believe you can truely see the value of a player by seeing him play live on only a few occassions and watching the rest on tv/internet. I'm not saying the kid if class or anything because I truly don't know but I'd rather take the honest opinion of someone who's seen him play 'live' more regularly. Of course due the way he's left you, I think an honest opinion will be fairly difficult to come by.

Yeah but I know many people and speak to many people who go to games every week (home and away) and their opinion is exactly the same as mine.

Like I say he's ok but not amazing. A good signing for a newly promoted club and has potential to be a useful player but never amazing.

Feel free to log on to one of the Everton forums and have a chat with Everton fans there if you want a proper insight rather than taking mine or some other guys (or the media's) word for it.

As for the way he left us? Its not like the whole Rooney situation where the fans litteraly hated him beyond belief. Gosling is very insignificant to us and our future, the loss is the potential money not the player... I think most fans are quite uninterested in Gosling himself other that to think he's got a bit of a cheek, but the board are who we are VERY angry with for the situation.

Fair enough, like I said, I do believe you're giving your honest opinion and I've had a look through some Everton forums and there doesn't seem to be many people particularly bothered about losing him. But when you have players like Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini, Peinar, Rodwell etc in front of him that quite possibly doesn't reflect that badly on the kid. Others have likened him to Leon Osman which maybe is the kind of player you're suggesting he could turn out like anyway which wouldn't be too bad for us at all.

Just for the record this is a humble poster right here. Listened to what i said, wasn't sure if he believed me or not, did a bit of digging around and said "yeah fair enough maybe you're right".

So I take back that the humble supporter has disappeared on here as there are still some around

I aint that humble, I do actually agree with a fair bit of what Stevie posted (albeit I certainly wouldn't have said it in the same way). Don't agree that you are a chanpionship club but I certainly don't agree with you that you would be much bigger than us if you got a new stadium. We are a bigger, better supported club but you have a considerably better team at the moment and are much better run than us (but us being badly run is something very few people on here would argue with).

I think the really telling point here is when Stevie/Gordon said that 3 years ago he'd have said about Milner all that you've said about Gosling. When Milner went we were happy to see him go (mainly because we were getting a major fee, although it was never to be re-invested) and we said he wasn't good enough, lacked end product, not fast enough, etc etc etc. Now he's played for England in the WC, won the Players' Young Player, and is going to move to Man City for mega money.

Time will tell. How about we see Gosling play in a few games in black and white before we rush to conclusions on either side?

Spoke to lots of non-Everton people about this kid who all are of the opinion that we've signed one of the best English prospects in the league.

What's concerning though is that Milner was considered that when we took him of Leeds for next to nothing and we ended up selling on at a profit. Hope the same doesn't happen here if he realises his potential..... but I bet it will! :icon_lol:

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! One of the best English prospects in the league? Who the fuck have you been speaking too?

Seriously mate he's ok with the potential to be a decent enough player... he will never be good enough to play international football and will never be good enough to command a place in a top 6 or 7 team.

Dont get me wrong for a newly promoted club with little money to spend its a good signing, but I suggest the non-everton people you have been speaking to actually go and watch players properly before making such poor observations about them.

I would say on current ability he's a 5/10. He has the potential to be a 6.5/10 player if he progresses to his maximum potential abilty.

Are you a regular attender of Everton games Andy? I do think your assesment sounds honest but I'm interested to know how backed up it is. And I would say Gosling has regularly been talked up by football people as a great prospect (whether this is right or wrong I don't know but obviously I hope it's right).

I get to a few games a year but watch pretty much every match on the internet or telly when I cant get there.

A lot of players get talked up because they do one good thing without "those in the know" actually seeing the player when they are having a nightmare most games. I mean just look at the shower of shite that is Lee Dixon and Mark Bright to see that those in the know are quite often clueless morons.

Gosling scored the winner for us against Liverpool in the FA CUP and as a result was catapulted to a certain degree in to the media's attention... therefore he gets seen to be this great prospect. If these people actually watched the player week in week out (well when he was getting a game) they'd have seen that his overall game is limited.

I agree wholheartedly with what you're saying there but I would also fire back at you that I don't believe you can truely see the value of a player by seeing him play live on only a few occassions and watching the rest on tv/internet. I'm not saying the kid if class or anything because I truly don't know but I'd rather take the honest opinion of someone who's seen him play 'live' more regularly. Of course due the way he's left you, I think an honest opinion will be fairly difficult to come by.

Yeah but I know many people and speak to many people who go to games every week (home and away) and their opinion is exactly the same as mine.

Like I say he's ok but not amazing. A good signing for a newly promoted club and has potential to be a useful player but never amazing.

Feel free to log on to one of the Everton forums and have a chat with Everton fans there if you want a proper insight rather than taking mine or some other guys (or the media's) word for it.

As for the way he left us? Its not like the whole Rooney situation where the fans litteraly hated him beyond belief. Gosling is very insignificant to us and our future, the loss is the potential money not the player... I think most fans are quite uninterested in Gosling himself other that to think he's got a bit of a cheek, but the board are who we are VERY angry with for the situation.

Fair enough, like I said, I do believe you're giving your honest opinion and I've had a look through some Everton forums and there doesn't seem to be many people particularly bothered about losing him. But when you have players like Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini, Peinar, Rodwell etc in front of him that quite possibly doesn't reflect that badly on the kid. Others have likened him to Leon Osman which maybe is the kind of player you're suggesting he could turn out like anyway which wouldn't be too bad for us at all.

Just for the record this is a humble poster right here. Listened to what i said, wasn't sure if he believed me or not, did a bit of digging around and said "yeah fair enough maybe you're right".

So I take back that the humble supporter has disappeared on here as there are still some around

I aint that humble, I do actually agree with a fair bit of what Stevie posted (albeit I certainly wouldn't have said it in the same way). Don't agree that you are a chanpionship club but I certainly don't agree with you that you would be much bigger than us if you got a new stadium. We are a bigger, better supported club but you have a considerably better team at the moment and are much better run than us (but us being badly run is something very few people on here would argue with).

I just meant in the sense that on the pitch it would be very hard to catch us becasue we have an excellent base already. Support wise you have one of the biggest and most loyal set of supporters which i am happy to admit is larger then ours.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said although you might agree with some/most of what Stevie posted you would have said it in a different way. You may not think yourself humble, but to me you come across as being so.

I think stevie meant that your midfield is of a somewhat better quality than ours. Gosling will get more of an opportunity to advance his career with us as he may not get into your first XI.

Yeah I considered that but when you read it, it doesn't sound like that... so its either poorly worded or not what he meant:

"He knows he's joining an infinitely better supported, higher profile club, who can achieve more than Everton's limits long term if the club is run right".

Why do you live in Ryton then Ajax Andy?

AAGGGGHHHHHH HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!!!!! :icon_lol:

Moved up to Durham at the age of 9 due to my Dad being re-located with work... moved around the areas a bit before settling down in Wallsend and then Ryton.

Guest Gordon McKeag

Moved up to Durham at the age of 9 due to my Dad being re-located with work... moved around the areas a bit before settling down in Wallsend and then Ryton.

I remember you posting saying Rainbow Garden was a shite chinkeys. I love it me portions are too small though.

I remember you posting saying Rainbow Garden was a shite chinkeys. I love it me portions are too small though.

Haha you have a fantastic memory! I think it was mainly cause it gave me the shits that I wasn't too keen on it lol!

Found a class one over in High Spen but can't remember the name... no explosive arse from this one which is always good :icon_lol:

Haha you have a fantastic memory! I think it was mainly cause it gave me the shits that I wasn't too keen on it lol!

Found a class one over in High Spen but can't remember the name... no explosive arse from this one which is always good :icon_lol:

Something class in High Spen?? And when the hell did they get a chinese?

Speaking of chinese I wouldn't mind me one now.

Think I'm going to get a chicken box later though. anyone ever taste a chicken ball special in a chinese? IT IS SEX!