Mackems about to sign TITUS ffs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

accadacca

Just had text from a pal who knows a lad at Wigan's academy and apparently the buzz about the place is that Bramble is about to join our friends across the river !!!

FFS, their centre backs must be bad - bring on October 31st NOW !! :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had text from a pal who knows a lad at Wigan's academy and apparently the buzz about the place is that Bramble is about to join our friends across the river !!!

FFS, their centre backs must be bad - bring on October 31st NOW !! :lol:

Hardly an earth shattering rumour that one... :lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=761550

Bramble's really not that bad. Maybe it's time wiping the bad memories, but he had some very good aspects to his game and on several occassions was able to mark good players out of the game. Horrible pairing with Boumsong brought out the worst in him. All said and done though, wouldn't have him back here.

tbf to him, when he was alongside Woodgate he was canny awesome. He needs someone alongside him to tell him what to do (as woodgate did) as his decision making is utter fuckin' gash!

really?

tbf to him, when he was alongside Woodgate he was canny awesome. He needs someone alongside him to tell him what to do (as woodgate did) as his decision making is utter fuckin' gash!

really?

When he was along side woodgate, it was the best we ever seen of him, but I think it's possible for a centre half to make another look good, or bad.

The reflection that 'Titus wasn't that bad' is more an indication of how far our expectations have dropped than anything else.

He was (and still is) fucking shite.

really?

When he was along side woodgate, it was the best we ever seen of him, but I think it's possible for a centre half to make another look good, or bad.

dont get me wrong Dr Gloom, for the vast majority of the time he was with us he was canny crap.

Guest Gordon McKeag
been decent at wigan, struggles with the pressure of bigger atmospheres

He'll dee areet at the mackems then. Bramble is a good player, I've always believed he has more talent than most his concentration was his biggest enemy.

The reflection that 'Titus wasn't that bad' is more an indication of how far our expectations have dropped than anything else.

He was (and still is) fucking shite.

Can you remember the relief when he was released? :lol: It was like a new signing.

He'll dee areet at the mackems then. Bramble is a good player, I've always believed he has more talent than most his concentration was his biggest enemy.

He'd put in a fantastic match winning tackle one minute and then gift the opposition a goal the next. I think it's a mixture of concentration, confidence and pressure. I can understand it from young defenders but he's getting close to his peak and he still makes awful errors.

Wigan seem to just accept him for what he is - great one minute, a liability of the highest order the next and it suits him there. If he goes to Sunderland he'll get torn to bits the moment he makes a mistake, much like he did here.

Guest Gordon McKeag

He'd put in a fantastic match winning tackle one minute and then gift the opposition a goal the next. I think it's a mixture of concentration, confidence and pressure. I can understand it from young defenders but he's getting close to his peak and he still makes awful errors.

Wigan seem to just accept him for what he is - great one minute, a liability of the highest order the next and it suits him there. If he goes to Sunderland he'll get torn to bits the moment he makes a mistake, much like he did here.

The rough ride he got here (certainly during matches) is a bit of a myth imo. He still retained a lot of support. Too much maybe considering the errors he made. His passing at times though, especially long passes, if it was Lucio people would have their cocks oot.

For a defender, if your 'concentration' is in question, you're just never going to be up to it.

It's sometimes said like it's a residual thing but the truth is it's absolutely fundemental and he's lucky to have had any sort of career in the top flight whatsoever.

The rough ride he got here (certainly during matches) is a bit of a myth imo. He still retained a lot of support. Too much maybe considering the errors he made. His passing at times though, especially long passes, if it was Lucio people would have their cocks oot.

I think there was a period where he was massively derided, around the time he was shown on TV going to the WWF with Jenas and Dyer/SBR left. After that everyone kind of put up with him and looked forward to his annual flawless game against Chelsea. I can't see him getting such an easy ride off the Mackems because of the circumstances they're currently in (better ran than us, more money than us but signing an NUFC cast off).