Raul linked with Newcastle & Spurs

henda11

RAUL is poised for a shock Premier League move with Tottenham top of the queue.

The Real Madrid ace has snubbed Germans Wolfsburg, insisting he wants to end his career in England.

Raul, 33, who played 39 games and scored seven goals last season, is being hunted by Spurs and Newcastle and is available on a free transfer.

Agent Barry O'Connor holds the mandate from Real to find Raul a club in England.

And he said: "With a player of this pedigree there is always a lot of interest but nothing will happen until Real Madrid give the official go-ahead that he can leave."

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has a track record of signing top senior stars like Teddy Sheringham and squeezing the best out of them.

After Redknapp was beaten by Liverpool to signing Joe Cole, he is keen to add to his squad. But it has been made clear by chairman Daniel Levy he will not break the club's pay structure.

It is understood Raul, who won 102 caps for Spain and fired 44 goals, would prefer a move to London.

But Newcastle want to show they are ambitious on their return to the top flight and Raul, the top Real Madrid scorer of all time with 311 goals in 722 games, is on their radar.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...l#ixzz0uK4KKUkY

Surely there is no guarenteed 1st team football for him every week at Spurs is there?. They have Defoe, Crouch, Gudjohnsen & Pavyulchenko. He could do a job for us don't you reckon?.

He's a big fan of the Premier League, I reckon it'd be too physical for him though. 5 years ago he was one of the best in the world, but Real/Barca players are afforded so much time in La Liga, he'd get none of that here.

Meanwhile, Hughton rubbished reports today that Newcastle were interested in former Real Madrid and Spain star Raul.

He simply said: “I think that one is nothing more than fantasy football.”

From here.

[/end thread]

How gutted must he be to have missed out on the WC after all that service to his country btw?

at least 5 years past his best. never had any pace, can finish still ( though last season it was all about ronaldo). would want what 100k a week wages...

not worth it....

the problem with raul was that he was too slow to play with the other forwards at madrid, and every time he had the ball he kept hold of it. and then wasted it. just what you need for a team that'll struggle....

Leazes and Ashleyskidmark will be along soon to hijack the thread.

not particularly.

I could say it would be a great signing, or I could say it would be a shite signing.

So I presume if I say it is a shite signing, you will say I am hijacking the thread ?

What do you think of this signing ?

:icon_lol:

not particularly.

I could say it would be a great signing, or I could say it would be a shite signing.

So I presume if I say it is a shite signing, you will say I am hijacking the thread ?

Blah blah "Trophy Signing" Blah blah Shepherd Bleh blee bloo Ashley blah blah Seymour Westwood bdum bdum arse.

That's you.

That's you, that is.

How gutted must he be to have missed out on the WC after all that service to his country btw?

at least 5 years past his best. never had any pace, can finish still ( though last season it was all about ronaldo). would want what 100k a week wages...

not worth it....

the problem with raul was that he was too slow to play with the other forwards at madrid, and every time he had the ball he kept hold of it. and then wasted it. just what you need for a team that'll struggle....

Not suggesting he would have been anywhere near up to it this time around, just mean how frustrating it must be to play for your country for so many years and then see them take the top prize at the first time of asking without you.

not particularly.

Blah blah "Trophy Signing" Blah blah Shepherd Bleh blee bloo Ashley blah blah Seymour Westwood bdum bdum arse.

That's you.

That's you, that is.

so what do you think of this signing ?

not worth it....

Not suggesting he would have been anywhere near up to it this time around, just mean how frustrating it must be to play for your country for so many years and then see them take the top prize at the first time of asking without you.

He wasnt in the squad when they won the Euros either.

Fuck all in this as Hughton said. Placed in a paper by a journo being hand fed shite from the players agent. That kid from Scunny is much more Ashley's style, regardless of his ability....or Raul's for that matter.

not particularly.

That's you.

That's you, that is.

Jesus you went on about leazes derailing the thread but its you doing it? Just get back on topic or stop posting in this thread ffs.

not particularly.

That's you.

That's you, that is.

Jesus you went on about leazes derailing the thread but its you doing it? Just get back on topic or stop posting in this thread ffs.

very well put Kevin. Lets see if he can make a sensible reply. Sadly, I've became used to these sort of shite accusations ...... just for telling it how it is too, how is that de-railing a thread :icon_lol: