Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Manu built this so called " power base" because they were not always as powerful. In fact, its down to SAF as he's a winner and he knows how to do it. Just like he chewed up KK and spit him out.

You have to start somewhere and this is as good a place as any...... if hughton has the balls which I doubt. Clearly calderwood doesn't.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand your frustration but it seems a bit harsh criticising Hughton's role in all this.

As the manager, Hughton sets the tone. If he can't see that many fans are pissed and want to take this further then he is clearly out of touch. There is a time to be quiet and dignified and a time to be fucking outraged.

But I suppose if he can't even control what his own assistant is saying what's the point in the fans being annoyed?

I can see where you're coming from but to give Hughton some credit, perhaps he's been instrumental in the club complaining to the FA and he's chosen to go down that route rather than to shout about it in the press. Which is more his style really and not something I have a particular problem with. I find Calderwood's comments very disappointing however.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Sniffer has a hard-on for Sir Alex, no doubt about it.

Maybe but I bet he nearly puts his eye oot when he thinks about Don Revie. You can just see his mantlepiece now three framed pictures, Revie, Fred Trueman and Arthur Scargill in the middle.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Losers don't recognize winners.

And there are a lot of people with an inbred losing mentality on this forum.

Coming from someone from Yorkshire.

Losers don't recognize winners.

And there are a lot of people with an inbred losing mentality on this forum.

:( Which self-help book did you find that in?

You're just another inbred loser who can't recognize a winner.

Ugh, I spelled "recognize" with a "z." Crucify me now before the St George's brigade gets here. I'll even provide the nails.

Edited by acrossthepond

Surely the pundits have no sway. MOTD is an absolute joke and a parody of itself. Hansen belongs in the dark ages. Compared to Alan 'never heard of Ben Arfa' Shearer he's like fucking Einstein though. Gary Lineker is a dull lifeless bastard as well and this is ten times better than MOTD2. The best football highlights programme is that 'Goalazio' where they just show the fucking goals.

I'd say they do.

Funnily enough I listened to The James Richardson Guardian Podcast and only 1 of the 3 journalists said it was a dangerous tackle. The others continued on the "it was just one of those things" theme.

If there was an uproar about the incident then the FA would take it serious. Nothing will happen.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Sniffs has a point as it goes. The identity and media footprint of a club these days is very much reliant on the media skills/manipulation of the manager. CH comes across as a fair sensible chap ie safe. SARF comes across like he'll kill a few if he gets angry.

Surely the pundits have no sway. MOTD is an absolute joke and a parody of itself. Hansen belongs in the dark ages. Compared to Alan 'never heard of Ben Arfa' Shearer he's like fucking Einstein though. Gary Lineker is a dull lifeless bastard as well and this is ten times better than MOTD2. The best football highlights programme is that 'Goalazio' where they just show the fucking goals.

They way they chill on the coach. It's enough to call in an airstrike.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Fair, sensible, nice bloke but won't win anything. Ever.

We could have Mourinho here £700m transfer budget, and we'd still win fuck all. We're all resigned to it, pointless moping about it. We're still the toon, we still annoy people, we're still a bit different ("hows dat lar, dats why yer 'ated y'knowww") and I wouldn't change us for the world.

Fuck off to WACCOE you cunt. I'd rather have Hughton than Grayson put it that way.