Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Guest Tuco Ramirez
That was fucking disgusting by Nolan, I think if you dug out the match thread, you'd probably find a lot of posters wanting him kicked out of the club(also because he was especially shit back then).

Aye and Nolan hasn't got a history of thuggish tackling like this de Jong. He's a modern day Mark Dennis the cunt. He's administered two broken legs and the worst challenge in World Cup Final history in just 5 months. Put some perspective on it.

There is no perspective to put on it. That Nolan challenge was just as bad if not far worse than the De Jong one. Now doing it once and potentially ruining a players career doesn't make it somehow less bad.

Barney i'm sure there are plenty of people on here who as you said were appauled by Nolan's chellenge... however it seems a lot of people have forgotten about it. My point is that it goes on in the game, its wrong but I think very few teams have a right to complain when it happens to them, as at some point one of their players will have done something just as bad.

Like I say there's no room in the game for it, but most teams are somewhat guilty. Being an Evertonian I get kind of riled by the complaints about the FA not doing anything when Nolan only got a 3 match ban and Anichebe has been out for the best part of 2 years. It a bit of pot calling the kettle black in my opinion

Course it does, Nolan's was totally out of character, this blokes done it before many times, and he'll do it again. I don't care about Anichebe anyway. At the peak of his abilities, he'd be a star man at Brighton or Barnsley anyway.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was fucking disgusting by Nolan, I think if you dug out the match thread, you'd probably find a lot of posters wanting him kicked out of the club(also because he was especially shit back then).

Aye and Nolan hasn't got a history of thuggish tackling like this de Jong. He's a modern day Mark Dennis the cunt. He's administered two broken legs and the worst challenge in World Cup Final history in just 5 months. Put some perspective on it.

There is no perspective to put on it. That Nolan challenge was just as bad if not far worse than the De Jong one. Now doing it once and potentially ruining a players career doesn't make it somehow less bad.

Barney i'm sure there are plenty of people on here who as you said were appauled by Nolan's chellenge... however it seems a lot of people have forgotten about it. My point is that it goes on in the game, its wrong but I think very few teams have a right to complain when it happens to them, as at some point one of their players will have done something just as bad.

Like I say there's no room in the game for it, but most teams are somewhat guilty. Being an Evertonian I get kind of riled by the complaints about the FA not doing anything when Nolan only got a 3 match ban and Anichebe has been out for the best part of 2 years. It a bit of pot calling the kettle black in my opinion

Course it does, Nolan's was totally out of character, this blokes done it before many times, and he'll do it again. I don't care about Anichebe anyway. At the peak of his abilities, he'd be a star man at Brighton or Barnsley anyway.

Ok so if its out of character its ok to potentially end someone's career? Thats just retarted logic!

Each incident is as bad regardless of past history, what applies to De Jong applies to Nolan... the fact De Jong has done it before is irrelevant. He should be punished severely for each individual career threatening tackle... as should Nolan have been!

You dont care about Anichebe? So its ok to ruin someones career if they aren't that great to start with? You just proved how stupid your arguments are!

Not That Type Of Player? The Top Ten

Our top ten of the excuses for the fouls and misdeeds for the fouls made by players who are not that sort of player and who are actually just loveable rogues at heart...

10) * "I'm not the kind of person to deliberately hurt an opponent" - Then Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt defends himself in November 2007 after fracturing the skull of Petr Cech. "He's not that sort of player," concurred Royals skipper Graeme Murty as if such an assurance meant anything.

9) * "Everyone knows what Tiny is like. He is such a nice bloke. He has not got a malicious bone in his body" - A dewy-eyed Stephen Kelly in March 2008 after Birmingham defender Martin Taylor - "Look, he's not like that, he's just a gentle giant," in the words of his wife, Viki - broke Eduardo.

8) * "He is a nice fella Diaby, it is probably just a badly-timed tackle and he is not that sort of player" - Ray Parlour, speaking a month after Taylor crocked Eduardo when Diaby was dismissed for a terrible tackle at Bolton, proves that Arsenal aren't immune from meaningless statements.

7) * "I know Ben Thatcher and off the field he is genuinely a good lad. Get inside the soul of the man, any bravado is washed away and you see just a family man who's very protective of his wife and children" - Stuart Pearce's utterly incredible defence of Thatcher, made in August 2006, after he knocked Pedro Mendes unconscious and put the midfielder in hospital.

6) * "Karl is a very clean and fair player. He is not a dirty player" - Kevin Doyle on Wolves captain Henry, a player who has been sent off twice in his last 11 league outings and who boasts of his love for putting his foot in even when playing his mates in the park.

5) ) * "There was no malicious intent from Ryan, he's not that kind of player" - Stoke midfielder Danny Pugh defends Ryan Shawcross after he snaps Aaraon Ramsey in two in January. Note the word-for-word similarities to the statement delivered by Stoke coach Dave Kemp - "There's no way that was a malicious challenge, Ryan isn't that sort of player" - in October 2007 after Shawcross broke Francis Jeffers' ankle.

4) * "Ryan is a smashing lad, he comes from a lovely family. He is not that type of lad, not that type of player" - Tony Pulis sings from the same Stoke hymn sheet. Emmaunel Adebayor and Jeffers might disagree. Neil Warnock certainly does.

3) ) "He plays with his heart and he's got the heart of a lion. he's a young lad and desperate to show what he can do. He's not a bad lad and doesn't have any malice in him" - Tony Pulis defends Andy Wilkinson last month after his foul on Moussa Dembele resulted in the Fulham striker being ruled out for a few weeks with ankle ligaments damage. Pulis went on to imply that Mark Hughes' criticism of the challenge was a distraction from defeat. The likeable Wilkinson has expressed his regret about the tackle, but only "because it took away from our play on Tuesday". The full-back continued by describing his performance as "more tentative" and claimed "the tackle was blown out of proportion".

2) * "Everyone knows Nigel, and he's as honest as the day is long. He is not that type of lad" - Man City assistant manager Brian Kidd, speaking this Sunday, after De Jong broke the leg of an opponent for the second time in six months. The Dutch evidently think otherwise: De Jong has been dropped from their national squad as a result of his tackle.

1) * "I am not that type of player" - Bolton Wanderers' Paul Robinson, September 30, after hitting back at Arsene Wenger's criticism of this tackle - "a good, hard tackle" in the view of Robinson - that made a mess of Abou Diaby's ankle. "I do it week in, week out," announced Robinson.

Quite.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Ok so if its out of character its ok to potentially end someone's career? Thats just retarted logic!

Each incident is as bad regardless of past history, what applies to De Jong applies to Nolan... the fact De Jong has done it before is irrelevant. He should be punished severely for each individual career threatening tackle... as should Nolan have been!

You dont care about Anichebe? So its ok to ruin someones career if they aren't that great to start with? You just proved how stupid your arguments are!

Nolan's tackle was rash and he knew he had went over the top straight away, and accepted his punishment, de Jong was going round giving high fives.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Doing something bad several times is obviously worse than doing it once. That simple enough for you, Andy?

Not simple enough for Ketsbaia neither.

Doing something bad several times is obviously worse than doing it once. That simple enough for you, Andy?

I'm looking at the tackles as individual incidents.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I'm looking at the bigger picture. Nolan's was a bad tackle, he was rightly punished, but it was totally out of character, and his footballing career isn't littered with cowardly tackles on the other hand de Jong has a history of this type of challenge. He is a coward and as an individual is far removed from Kevin Nolan.

Now while I agree there is no room for shit house tackles in the game, I think you lot really need to get of your high horses as you're far from being innocent of them... Just ask Victor Anichebe and look at how few games he's played over the last 2 years due to Nolan ruining his career!

nolan-anichebe_1342241c.jpg

KevinNolanEPA_450x350.jpg

efc__1235405447_ani.jpg

I seem to remember Nolan was (rightly) issued with a straight red card for that challenge and was accompanied by a ban. De Jong is available for selection from the next game and will not serve a single minute of suspension for a truly awful tackle.

And for what it's worth I don't know one of our fans who were not disgusted by Nolan's challenge on Anichebe let alone defended him so I totally fail to see what point you're making...

Eaxctly! Glad to see someone making sense on here! Each individual tackle should be looked at on its own merits. Nolan and De Jong deserve the same punishments for each individual tackle. Should De Jong then be further punished for being repeat offender? Yes! Does that minimise the brutality of Nolan's challenge... no!

Was Nolan's tackle as bad if not worse than De Jong's? Yes

Is that simple enough for you Tuco?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Eaxctly! Glad to see someone making sense on here! Each individual tackle should be looked at on its own merits. Nolan and De Jong deserve the same punishments for each individual tackle. Should De Jong then be further punished for being repeat offender? Yes! Does that minimise the brutality of Nolan's challenge... no!

I'm struggling to see anyone who is condoning Nolan's challenge.

Now while I agree there is no room for shit house tackles in the game, I think you lot really need to get of your high horses as you're far from being innocent of them... Just ask Victor Anichebe and look at how few games he's played over the last 2 years due to Nolan ruining his career!

efc__1235405447_ani.jpg

I seem to remember Nolan was (rightly) issued with a straight red card for that challenge and was accompanied by a ban. De Jong is available for selection from the next game and will not serve a single minute of suspension for a truly awful tackle.

And for what it's worth I don't know one of our fans who were not disgusted by Nolan's challenge on Anichebe let alone defended him so I totally fail to see what point you're making...

Well it could be argued that Nolan's 3 match ban wasn't even close to being the punishment he deserved... would a De Jong 3 match ban be enough to satisfy you? I highly doubt it. So the point is valid that Potentially ruining a players career is disgraceful but it happens and NO CLUB including yours is guilt free.

The point you fail to recognise is that calling for De Jong's head is massively hypocritical when you own players are less than innocent of this type of thing

Guest Tuco Ramirez

efc__1235405447_ani.jpg

Well it could be argued that Nolan's 3 match ban wasn't even close to being the punishment he deserved... would a De Jong 3 match ban be enough to satisfy you? I highly doubt it. So the point is valid that Potentially ruining a players career is disgraceful but it happens and NO CLUB including yours is guilt free.

The point you fail to recognise is that calling for De Jong's head is massively hypocritical when you own players are less than innocent of this type of thing

Oh dear. Like a woman in an old peoples home who rocks in a chair nodding to the wall all day shouting "Elic".

I'm not saying anyone is saying Nolan's challenge wasnt a disgrace, the point i'm making is that its easy to be up in arms about someone doing it to your own player, whilst ignoring your own players guilt in such matters.

It just smacks of hypocracy thats all

I'm not saying anyone is saying Nolan's challenge wasnt a disgrace, the point i'm making is that its easy to be up in arms about someone doing it to your own player, whilst ignoring your own players guilt in such matters.

You've just contradicted yourself there tbh.

I'd like to know where this kid got the 2 years figure from.

Well apart from the fact I support the team and since the Nolan "challenge" he's only played a handfull of games, then always ends up breaking down with a fucked ankle or knee and is out again for months... the same ankle and knee that Nolan savaged.

But yeah i'm sure you know more than me :(

Edited by ajax_andy

How? My point is that you might wanna tone down the calls for De Jong's head because your own players arent exactly whiter than white in such matters.

How?

I've bolded the bits to make it easier for you.