Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Wouldn't be surprised if big, tough De Jong is 'injured' for the return fixture btw.

I imagine he'll be having nightmares about meeting Tiote again. I wonder if the soft cunt will try and leave his foot in this time.

Edited by Ketsbaia

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no one should complain about dangerous challenges because every club has been guilty of it at some point? I think there's a severe lack of logic there.

I think that whilst dangerous tackles have no place in the game, its difficult to find sympathy for fans complaing about one of theirs being crocked when they've dished it out themselves in the past.

Everyone knows the De Jong Tackle was terrible, and tbh most fans will have a great deal of sympathy for Ben Arfa. Most fans will also hope that the FA do indeed take retrospective action against De Jong.

However like i say these tackles wrongly happen and if you dish it out then you can't be too vocal about it when you get it back.

So no one should complain about dangerous challenges because every club has been guilty of it at some point? I think there's a severe lack of logic there.

I think that whilst dangerous tackles have no place in the game, its difficult to find sympathy for fans complaing about one of theirs being crocked when they've dished it out themselves in the past.

Everyone knows the De Jong Tackle was terrible, and tbh most fans will have a great deal of sympathy for Ben Arfa. Most fans will also hope that the FA do indeed take retrospective action against De Jong.

However like i say these tackles wrongly happen and if you dish it out then you can't be too vocal about it when you get it back.

Do you think you play for Everton btw? :(

De Jong didn't even get a yellow for that tackle. Referee not doing his job correctly. Same at Goodison when we were denied a pelanty and Fellaini should have been sent off for smashing his elbow into Williamsons face.

Doing something bad several times is obviously worse than doing it once. That simple enough for you, Andy?

Not simple enough for Ketsbaia neither.

I'm looking at the tackles as individual incidents.

Eaxctly! Glad to see someone making sense on here! Each individual tackle should be looked at on its own merits. Nolan and De Jong deserve the same punishments for each individual tackle. Should De Jong then be further punished for being repeat offender? Yes! Does that minimise the brutality of Nolan's challenge... no!

Was Nolan's tackle as bad if not worse than De Jong's? Yes

Is that simple enough for you Tuco?

I'm struggling to see anyone who is condoning Nolan's challenge.

I'm not saying anyone is saying Nolan's challenge wasnt a disgrace, the point i'm making is that its easy to be up in arms about someone doing it to your own player, whilst ignoring your own players guilt in such matters.

It just smacks of hypocracy thats all

You've just contradicted yourself there tbh.

How?

I've bolded the bits to make it easier for you.

Ok fair play I see what you're saying.

My point is more that by calling for De Jong's head you're (i.e. fans not specifically you) are being hypocritial, because by saying things like "Lenghty ban" etc you're ignoring your own "previous" in such matters. The admiting of Nolans own guilt in such matters was an after thought in response to my criticisms

Do you think you play for Everton btw? :(

Yes I am Victor Anichebe lol! :icon_lol:

De Jong didn't even get a yellow for that tackle. Referee not doing his job correctly. Same at Goodison when we were denied a pelanty and Fellaini should have been sent off for smashing his elbow into Williamsons face.

I agree the referee didnt do his job properly... I also think the FA dont do their job properly by handing out significant bans for such things.

As for Fellaini... well those elbows of his are a bit of a problem i'll happily admit. But look at his lovely barnet! How can you stay mad at someone with such awesome hair! :(

Edited by ajax_andy

Doing something bad several times is obviously worse than doing it once. That simple enough for you, Andy?

Eaxctly! Glad to see someone making sense on here! Each individual tackle should be looked at on its own merits. Nolan and De Jong deserve the same punishments for each individual tackle. Should De Jong then be further punished for being repeat offender? Yes! Does that minimise the brutality of Nolan's challenge... no!

I'm not saying anyone is saying Nolan's challenge wasnt a disgrace, the point i'm making is that its easy to be up in arms about someone doing it to your own player, whilst ignoring your own players guilt in such matters.

How?

My point is more that by calling for De Jong's head you're (i.e. fans not specifically you) are being hypocritial, because by saying things like "Lenghty ban" etc you're ignoring your own "previous" in such matters. The admiting of Nolans own guilt in such matters was an after thought in response to my criticisms

It wasn't though. It was hardly in our immediate thoughts since it happened a while ago but I don't know of a single Newcastle fan who didn't think it was a terrible challenge / would have opposed Nolan receiving a lengthy ban. You don't even have a point btw.

I agree the referee didnt do his job properly... I also think the FA dont do their job properly by handing out significant bans for such things.

As for Fellaini... well those elbows of his are a bit of a problem i'll happily admit. But look at his lovely barnet! How can you stay mad at someone with such awesome hair! :(

That's why we love Coloccini.

How?

It wasn't though. It was hardly in our immediate thoughts since it happened a while ago but I don't know of a single Newcastle fan who didn't think it was a terrible challenge / would have opposed Nolan receiving a lengthy ban. You don't even have a point btw.

Fair enough

There's no hypocrasy there as you've more or less pointed or yourself. Nolan's 'challenge' was disgusting. Just about any other player and that 'challenge' would have broken his leg. I'd have no hesitation or objection if he had copped a much more severe ban than he did. Each and every tackle like that in my opinion should be punished severely. Once a precedent is set these sort of brash intentionally physical challenges, courtesy of the penalty suffered, will start to become less and less common. That is in the best interest of the game, the players, the supporters and everyone involved.

The FA rule that deems that incidents seen by the referee cannot be revisited is fucking ludicrous as it suggests that referees never get it wrong. As everyone knows that is patently not the case.

That's why we love Coloccini.

maroune_fellaini_784060a.jpg

Vs

article-0-0218CE2C00000578-720_468x487.jpg

Both good but I think Fellaini wins hand down (elbows up) tbh :icon_lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

All Ajax Andy has done here and he won't admit it, is seen us upset about Ben Arfa's leg, and reminded us on that Anichebe also suffered a bad injury because he's an Everton fan and feels for some unknown reason that it's relevant.

There's no hypocrasy there as you've more or less pointed or yourself. Nolan's 'challenge' was disgusting. Just about any other player and that 'challenge' would have broken his leg. I'd have no hesitation or objection if he had copped a much more severe ban than he did. Each and every tackle like that in my opinion should be punished severely. Once a precedent is set these sort of brash intentionally physical challenges, courtesy of the penalty suffered, will start to become less and less common. That is in the best interest of the game, the players, the supporters and everyone involved.

The FA rule that deems that incidents seen by the referee cannot be revisited is fucking ludicrous as it suggests that referees never get it wrong. As everyone knows that is patently not the case.

I agree with what you're saying here... I also think that only giving a 3 match ban for even the most vile of challenges is a disgrace. i think a 10 or 15 match ban should be brought in for challenges that intentionally cause injury to an opposing player

All Ajax Andy has done here and he won't admit it, is seen us upset about Ben Arfa's leg, and reminded us on that Anichebe also suffered a bad injury because he's an Everton fan and feels for some unknown reason that it's relevant.

Well actually your right in the most part here... apart from the unknown reason bit, as there is a relevance due to the nature of the injuries sustained.

Now while I agree there is no room for shit house tackles in the game, I think you lot really need to get of your high horses as you're far from being innocent of them... Just ask Victor Anichebe and look at how few games he's played over the last 2 years due to Nolan ruining his career!

nolan-anichebe_1342241c.jpg

KevinNolanEPA_450x350.jpg

efc__1235405447_ani.jpg

I seem to remember Nolan was (rightly) issued with a straight red card for that challenge and was accompanied by a ban. De Jong is available for selection from the next game and will not serve a single minute of suspension for a truly awful tackle.

And for what it's worth I don't know one of our fans who were not disgusted by Nolan's challenge on Anichebe let alone defended him so I totally fail to see what point you're making...

Well it could be argued that Nolan's 3 match ban wasn't even close to being the punishment he deserved... would a De Jong 3 match ban be enough to satisfy you? I highly doubt it. So the point is valid that Potentially ruining a players career is disgraceful but it happens and NO CLUB including yours is guilt free.

The point you fail to recognise is that calling for De Jong's head is massively hypocritical when you own players are less than innocent of this type of thing

You're not getting this are you? No one is claiming NUFC ARE guilt free. In that respect how the hell can you call us hypocritical? My own view is that MCFC should cover Ben Arfa's wages and De Jong personally should cover the medical bill for what an independent panel should determine as a disgusting challenge.

You're counter to that would be that I wouldn't want the same punishment to have been metered on NUFC and Nolan for the incident you've highlighted. And you couldn't be more wrong.

This kind of brutality needs kicking out of the game for good - it isn't about backing individual games or players however if you want to go down that route, let's not forget Gravesen's maiming of Olivier Bernard years ago.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...3152&st=100

Have a look and point out a single poster who defended the tackle or a ban.

Now while I agree there is no room for shit house tackles in the game, I think you lot really need to get of your high horses as you're far from being innocent of them... Just ask Victor Anichebe and look at how few games he's played over the last 2 years due to Nolan ruining his career!

efc__1235405447_ani.jpg

I seem to remember Nolan was (rightly) issued with a straight red card for that challenge and was accompanied by a ban. De Jong is available for selection from the next game and will not serve a single minute of suspension for a truly awful tackle.

And for what it's worth I don't know one of our fans who were not disgusted by Nolan's challenge on Anichebe let alone defended him so I totally fail to see what point you're making...

Well it could be argued that Nolan's 3 match ban wasn't even close to being the punishment he deserved... would a De Jong 3 match ban be enough to satisfy you? I highly doubt it. So the point is valid that Potentially ruining a players career is disgraceful but it happens and NO CLUB including yours is guilt free.

The point you fail to recognise is that calling for De Jong's head is massively hypocritical when you own players are less than innocent of this type of thing

You're not getting this are you? No one is claiming NUFC ARE guilt free. In that respect how the hell can you call us hypocritical? My own view is that MCFC should cover Ben Arfa's wages and De Jong personally should cover the medical bill for what an independent panel should determine as a disgusting challenge.

You're counter to that would be that I wouldn't want the same punishment to have been metered on NUFC and Nolan for the incident you've highlighted. And you couldn't be more wrong.

This kind of brutality needs kicking out of the game for good - it isn't about backing individual games or players however if you want to go down that route, let's not forget Gravesen's maiming of Olivier Bernard years ago.

Fair enough I stand corrected.

I agree the brutality needs to be taken out of the game... to many careers being ruined by such things.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

efc__1235405447_ani.jpg

Fair enough I stand corrected.

I agree the brutality needs to be taken out of the game... to many careers being ruined by such things.

I don;'t know how anyone can support Everton. They make me so proud to be geordie when I compare the two, and I mean that. Can't think of a redeeming feature.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Please don't.

Haha no I agree... we'll just agree that his dad's bigger than mine and move one I reckon

Aye. Bigger, better looking, more morals, less baggage.

VAN BOMMEL DEFENDS DE JONG

Mark van Bommel has urged Nigel de Jong not to alter his approach despite the Manchester City midfielder's removal from the Holland squad for the Euro 2012 qualifiers against Moldova and Sweden.

De Jong was axed from the Dutch party after coach Bert van Marwijk took a dim view of his challenge in Sunday's Barclays Premier League game between City and Newcastle which left France winger Hatem Ben Arfa with a broken tibia and fibula.

Although referee Martin Atkinson failed to give a foul at the time, condemnation for De Jong has been widespread especially as it is not the first time he has been caught up in such an incident.

The former Ajax midfielder made a tackle which broke the leg of Bolton midfielder Stuart Holden in March and could arguably have been sent off in the World Cup final after a chest-high challenge on Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Dutch skipper Van Bommel refused to criticise De Jong although he hopes he learns from the experience.

The Bayern Munich man told AD Sportwereld: "Nigel is and remains one of us.

"We find this all very frustrating. It's very unfortunate that he has broken the leg of an opponent twice in six months.

"But I know Nigel as a sweet guy. He doesn't want to injure anyone but wants to win every match. That is his strength.

"Thanks to Nigel we reached the final of the World Cup. And now I hear people calling him a criminal. What a nonsense."

Holland's physical style at the World Cup saw them widely criticised with Van Bommel and De Jong two of the men targeted.

"I know exactly what Nigel is suffering," Van Bommel added.

"I have also had to answer for playing hard. But I didn't want to injure anyone and I have had to think about that criticism.

"Nigel should not change his game, we need him as he is.

"But maybe he should occasionally go into a tackle slightly differently."

Van Bommel is Van Marwijk's son-in-law and he admits he can understand why the decision to drop De Jong was made.

He said: "I think it was a very difficult decision for him.

"We are stronger with Nigel than without him.

"But he did it for the overall good."

One dirty cunt defending another :(