Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

I suppose there's no point in rushing him back if we consider ourselves to be largely safe from the drop. The desire for an improbable European place doesn't seem worth the risk.

Aye may as well give him the summer to recover as well, and get him back 100% next year.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have said, it makes absolutely no sense to rush him back. Nurse him back to full fitness and get him out there for a few games so that he can have as good an off-season as possible.

Getting him back asap will be more beneficial for the mental side of his recovery.

...unless he gets niggly injuries from coming back too soon of course. I reckon they won't bring him back any quicker than needed as it happens, it's not like we're in a desperate position.

I really don't see the mental side of things being an issue for him.

He seems quite a strong willed character who's got more than enough confidence in his own ability.

Getting him back asap will be more beneficial for the mental side of his recovery.

...unless he gets niggly injuries from coming back too soon of course. I reckon they won't bring him back any quicker than needed as it happens, it's not like we're in a desperate position.

Yep, this is a huge problem when returning from lengthy injury spells. Other muscles have also lost conditioning, which will become apparent only in match situations, and often result in injuries. Some behind closed door friendlies where he can hold back and play limited minutes to ease him into playing at the top level again. Once he does return should be in limited spells initially working his way back towards starting.

I do agree that it would be good to get him out on the pitch in a few games before the season is out for sure, but only when completely ready.

I was mortal like. Red wine and vodka mortal too, not a great mix.

Really?

You look like you're holding it together so well... :(

Heh, looks like you were having a great time.....the look on your face reminds me of this character:

animal.jpg

Heh, looks like you were having a great time.....the look on your face reminds me of this character:

animal.jpg

You're saying he looks like someone's got their hand up his kaiser pass?

If so, I agree..

• 2 weeks later...
As others have said, it makes absolutely no sense to rush him back. Nurse him back to full fitness and get him out there for a few games so that he can have as good an off-season as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
Is that Chez there too?

No, but it's super owner Mikey LardAsh making the vid, during one of his fantastic visits to see how the lad is getting on. "Look, sahn, I've got a mahnkee on wiv Del boy ya bein abul to do it wiv ya foot."

Returning to training at Newcastle the 4th apparently. He will probably make some of the last games then. I am gonna be shitting it every time someone comes near him with a tackle.

Not as much as he will :lol: