Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

With what they've said about signing Ban Arfa they can't turn around now and sell Carroll without looking like bullshit merchants.

Whether or not they care is what we'll find out. Signing Ben Arfa to a permanent deal is a good move and a good sign that there is intent to improve the team. I'm still worried that everything they do is down with the intention of being able to sell down the track. A couple of good seasons from Ben Arfa and I could see him being sold on for a profit.

tbf even if they do its still good business and one that Id rather we did than not buy him at all. The problem we have is that a player of his potential will not want to stay at a club that doesnt match his ability. The kid clearly has what it takes to play in the CL and he'll want to do that, as will Carroll and any other youngster with the necessary ability.

We could be in a right state if we keep filling the team with kids with champion league potential. Wonder where it my get us. :calmdown:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone any idea when he's due to be back from his injury in the first team again?

Caulkin says back training in feb so could be April to help us clinch Europe.

Seriously fuck off

anyone any idea when he's due to be back from his injury in the first team again?

Seriously fuck off

Fuck off yourself, it was Caulkin that said February not me. Jeez some people!

Seriously fuck off

Fuck off yourself, it was Caulkin that said February not me. Jeez some people!

The only way he'll help us get into Europe is to avoid bookings so we win the fair play place....is that still going?

oh no, hang on....

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlay...,,12306,00.html

Worse than Wolves?

:calmdown:

Edited by Happy Face

Where he plays is a good dilema to have. I think he can genuinly play equally well on either flank or just off a striker or even in a free role. Gives us options which is always a good thing

I cant see us going mad in the window but with Gosling coming back I think if we can get a striker/winger and cover at LB we will do ok

:calmdown:

Happy times.

they don't come around too often. you have to enjoy them when they do. i'm chuffed we've got this lad in :blush:

You've really cheered up the last few months or am I imagining it? :(

• 3 weeks later...

Ben Arfa Recovery Update --- Journal

United also hope to have Hatem Ben Arfa back in action before spring – and will be boosted by news from France that the winger is “flying” in his bid to recover from a double leg break.

Ben Arfa is back at the Clairefontaine rehab centre in France following a trip to Dubai, and continues to make excellent progress.

He is working six hours a day under the supervision of Paris SG doctor Eric Roland and told the French press yesterday he was making “significant” progress.

Indeed, recent cardio tests revealed the former Marseille midfielder is in better condition than he was when he signed for Newcastle.

“I saw him last week and Hatem is absolutely flying,” his agent Simon Stainrod told The Journal.

“He’s been away to Dubai for a bit of warm weather training and now he’s back in France and training really, really hard.

“He’s really got the bit between his teeth and is making good progress. There are no miracles with an injury like his and he knows it is hard work that he needs to do – but he’s as fit as a fiddle.”

The next big hurdle for Ben Arfa as he attempts to return to Premier League action is “impact” work – jumping and landing on his healing leg. That will be key if he wants to return to full training in the next six weeks.

“Mid-February might be a bit optimistic but the way he is going about his business at the moment, it’s not unrealistic or out of the question,” Stainrod added.

A permanent switch from Marseille was sealed a fortnight ago and that has increased Ben Arfa’s eagerness to return.

“The permanent move is good for Hatem, it’s good for the fans and hopefully it’s good for the club,” Stainrod said.

“Hatem is just grateful to Alan Pardew, he’s grateful to Derek Llambias and he’s grateful to Mike Ashley.

“I think it lays a marker down and now Hatem is desperate to get back playing and pulling on that black and white shirt again.

He told me that his goal is to become one of the best players in the world in a Newcastle shirt.”

:jesuswept:

Ben Arfa Recovery Update --- Journal

United also hope to have Hatem Ben Arfa back in action before spring – and will be boosted by news from France that the winger is “flying” in his bid to recover from a double leg break.

Ben Arfa is back at the Clairefontaine rehab centre in France following a trip to Dubai, and continues to make excellent progress.

He is working six hours a day under the supervision of Paris SG doctor Eric Roland and told the French press yesterday he was making “significant” progress.

Indeed, recent cardio tests revealed the former Marseille midfielder is in better condition than he was when he signed for Newcastle.

“I saw him last week and Hatem is absolutely flying,” his agent Simon Stainrod told The Journal.

“He’s been away to Dubai for a bit of warm weather training and now he’s back in France and training really, really hard.

“He’s really got the bit between his teeth and is making good progress. There are no miracles with an injury like his and he knows it is hard work that he needs to do – but he’s as fit as a fiddle.”

The next big hurdle for Ben Arfa as he attempts to return to Premier League action is “impact” work – jumping and landing on his healing leg. That will be key if he wants to return to full training in the next six weeks.

“Mid-February might be a bit optimistic but the way he is going about his business at the moment, it’s not unrealistic or out of the question,” Stainrod added.

A permanent switch from Marseille was sealed a fortnight ago and that has increased Ben Arfa’s eagerness to return.

“The permanent move is good for Hatem, it’s good for the fans and hopefully it’s good for the club,” Stainrod said.

“Hatem is just grateful to Alan Pardew, he’s grateful to Derek Llambias and he’s grateful to Mike Ashley.

“I think it lays a marker down and now Hatem is desperate to get back playing and pulling on that black and white shirt again.

He told me that his goal is to become one of the best players in the world in a Newcastle shirt.”

:jesuswept:

greatest name in the world to be fair, I'm off to get my name changed