Newcastle United 6 (SIX) - 0 Aston Villa

Deano

So next run of games: wolves (3pts), blackpool (3pts), Everton (1pt-3pt)), Stoke (1pt)

I can honestly see us carrying momentum from this match and winning our next four before we play man city. That would be amazing, 6 games in - 15 points. Not the hardest of opposition, Everton have struggled to perform in their first two, Stoke have lost both their games. Not out of the question. Would love to remain in the top half of the table :-D

Wolves and Blackpool we have to be targeting 3 points, Everton will be a lot tougher but hopefully we're in good form at that point. This is a very easy run of games in this league, so we really have to take advantage of it.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So next run of games: wolves (3pts), blackpool (3pts), Everton (1pt-3pt)), Stoke (1pt)

I can honestly see us carrying momentum from this match and winning our next four before we play man city. That would be amazing, 6 games in - 15 points. Not the hardest of opposition, Everton have struggled to perform in their first two, Stoke have lost both their games. Not out of the question. Would love to remain in the top half of the table :-D

DWLD

8 points. You have us on 13 points out of 18 :lol:

LWLW imo. Wolves are looking to be decent and Stoke aren't the best away from home.

That would have us on 9 out of 18, not too shabby.

Now that he's good, I can finally tell people I went to school with him.

EDIT: Well, year above me but it counts.

Got any stories about him? :lol:

He was caught fisting himself in the toilet at lunchtime ;)

I thought HAT was talking about Andy from Gateshead not Kevin from Derry??? :huh:

Now that he's good, I can finally tell people I went to school with him.

EDIT: Well, year above me but it counts.

Got any stories about him? :lol:

He was caught fisting himself in the toilet at lunchtime ;)

I thought HAT was talking about Andy from Gateshead not Kevin from Derry??? :huh:

Is your avatar a crime scene photo?

from the .com match report

Former number 9 & ex-manager Alan Shearer added:

"I was delighted that Andy had, if you like, the guts the take the No 9 shirt because we know that players over the years have shied away from it. It is a big responsibility because it is a huge shirt, plus there have been some big, big names that have worn the shirt and some great players at that. I am not talking about myself there. I am talking about the Milburns, the Macdonalds and the Ferdinands and other players like that.

"There were one or two positives to be taken from the Manchester United game. No one expected us to get anything but I thought that Andy Carroll played the lone striker’s role very well against Manchester United. It is hard enough playing up front on your own up front anyway when playing in that role when you are a youngster and playing at Old Trafford is very, very difficult. Chris might have looked at that and thought if we can play the same way and get up and support him on occasions that might be successful.

"It is a completely different animal to last year. Chris (Hughton) knows that you are playing better opposition this year, more quality players and forwards and teams that if you attack them can punish you. He knows as well as everyone else does – and I don’t want to disappoint too many Newcastle fans – but Newcastle have to stay in this division. That is the priority this year because it looks as though there will be no money to be spent.

"You will have to look at the opposition more this year than ever. The Premier League is full of quality. You are probably in most danger when you attack times because of the counter-attacking of many teams can damage you. The priority has to be to keep this club in the Premier League and then you can build from there.

"It looks as though there will be no money spent of made available to the manager so he has to do with what he has. He did a very good job last year and deserves a crack at it again this season."

First bold bit; does he mean Owen turning it down?

Wolves away will be tricky, they are fighters and well organised, the rest shouldn't be a problem - Everton haven't got into gear yet.

thats something that staggered me, we get 1 and a 3rd of a season out of owen over 4 years yet he never had the wherewithall to say, sorry lads i've let you down, i'll take a pay cut. not a ferkin chance.

Edited by canofbeans

thats something that staggered me, we get 1 and a 3rd of a season out of owen over 4 years yet he never had the wherewithall to say, sorry lads i've let you down, i'll take a pay cut. not a ferkin chance.

It's interesting when he was still at Newcastle the media still talked him up, about how he was wasted at the toon but the other night when watching Fulham v Man U, the commentators were talking about SAF's imminent substitutions and one of them comes out with the line, "I can't see how Owen is going to change or add to the game for Manchester United."

Something Newcastle supporters discovered a while ago.

Edited by sammynb

Great to see Villa continuing their great start to the season btw.

Hopefully Learner can do what Ashley did to us two seasons ago and fuck things up so bad that it's one less club we have to claw our way back past.

All we need is the caretaker manager to last another few more months and for A Young to go N'Zogbia on them before next Wednesday.

Hopefully Learner can do what Ashley did to us two seasons ago and fuck things up so bad that it's one less club we have to claw our way back past.

All we need is the caretaker manager to last another few more months and for A Young to go N'Zogbia on them before next Wednesday.

its got nothing to do with lerner IMO

he backed oniell to the hilt for several seasons with a lot of money to see the side finish 6th 3 seasons in a row, think it became a case of him not trusting oniell to spend his money

he backed oniell to the hilt for several seasons with a lot of money to see the side finish 6th 3 seasons in a row, think it became a case of him not trusting oniell to spend his money

It does if he takes an age to appoint a permanent manager, which hopefully he will.

I think that is about right, I always said O'Neill would never match Keegans team while he had a hole in his arse to a Celtic supporter I know. So I'm quite pleased that O'Neill has quit again too. :)

fat-spanish-waiter-2.jpg

Just spotted this, the Scousers at Villa Park must have been devastated to see the famous Brummie humour aimed in their direction instead of us getting it.

I reckon it was the bloke in the tache who made the banners;

Tache's wife: "oi! Why aren't yow coming to bed, malcolm? Yow better not be wanking over the adult channel freeview!"

Tache: "Now, sweetheart, Oim myking anutha funnoi banner, this time it's about the scousers, they'll be fucking devastoited when they see it, just loike the Barcodes, were, ha ha!"

Tache's wife: "oi! Why aren't yow coming to bed, malcolm? Yow better not be wanking over the adult channel freeview!"

Tache: "Now, sweetheart, Oim myking anutha funnoi banner, this time it's about the scousers, they'll be fucking devastoited when they see it, just loike the Barcodes, were, ha ha!"

:jesuswept:

Especially this bit. :icon_lol:

Got his name bang on too :icon_lol:

Thing is I really want it to be the 'tache bloke's banner now. :icon_lol:

Tell you what mind, speaking of 'taches, howman's ava is proper sobering stuff. I know that pic from back in the day (I think it's an away match against Ipswich to be precise..) and theres four taches on it. For all the world they could pass for Liverpool fans if they had different tops on.

Thing is I really want it to be the 'tache bloke's banner now. :icon_lol:

Tell you what mind, speaking of 'taches, howman's ava is proper sobering stuff. I know that pic from back in the day (I think it's an away match against Ipswich to be precise..) and theres four taches on it. For all the world they could pass for Liverpool fans if they had different tops on.

You're spot on, MM, I think there was national football gallery thing and that pic was on with some comment along the lines of 'Some rum Newcastle Utd fans enjoying an away day at Ipswich in the 2nd division'. Loved it when I saw it and got it saved. They could all pass for extra's off a Sid the Sexist cartoon, all that's missing is the can of red stripe in their hands and it could be the Bigg Market circa 1990. The bloke with the black eye just rounds it off for me, not sobering, funny as fuck. :icon_lol:

Getting back to the tache man who may, or not, be called Malcolm, I was looking to put something on to take the piss out of that transfer obsessed scouser who was around yesterday, but then I saw the comedy geniuses of Villa Park and forgot all about the scouser. Jasper Carrot, Lenny Henry, Stan Collymore and Malcolm the tache......... is there no end to the Brummie comedy conveyor belt?