Steven Taylor Transfer Listed

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I want him to stay? Yes.

Do I want the club to be held at gun point over high wages? No.

Transfer negotiations seem to have been a pain in the arse with him for a while now. For me £40K pw is more than a good deal.

Since he's out of contract at the end of this season and we've made it clear we want to sell (plus he's injured for a good while yet) i doubt clubs will be paying us anywhere near what we want, which means we're a defender down, with no guarentee Hughton will get money to bring in a quality CB to add to his options. We can do without the squad getting any weaker.

And as much as people on here hate him i think he'd have done a job for us at CB and covered at RB and don't see it as a good thing (even though i hardly think he's a world beater), unless a better player comes in to replace him, in which case its fine.

If what SSN says was correct and he's refusing to accept 40 grand a week then he's a cock and he can fuck right off, but its not unknown for our owners to lie to the fans is it, so i'll see what he has to say?

This, although I remember him being an arse the last time his contract was up for renewel too.

The problem is there are only a handful of clubs who would pay a fee and 60k a week for any player, I don't see any of them wanting him (though Arsenal are desperate for centre backs and Englishmen).

More likely is that he sees out his contract and walks on a bosman.

Since he's out of contract at the end of this season and we've made it clear we want to sell (plus he's injured for a good while yet) i doubt clubs will be paying us anywhere near what we want, which means we're a defender down, with no guarentee Hughton will get money to bring in a quality CB to add to his options. We can do without the squad getting any weaker.

And as much as people on here hate him i think he'd have done a job for us at CB and covered at RB and don't see it as a good thing (even though i hardly think he's a world beater), unless a better player comes in to replace him, in which case its fine.

If what SSN says was correct and he's refusing to accept 40 grand a week then he's a cock and he can fuck right off, but its not unknown for our owners to lie to the fans is it, so i'll see what he has to say?

This, although I remember him being an arse the last time his contract was up for renewel too.

Yeah, i think it is likely he's asked for 60,000 and is being a dick, but i don't trust anyone in charge of the club either, so who knows what exactly has happened!

It was most likely someone from the club who has told Sky that he's to be transfer listed so no doubt they've also leaked this £60k figure, I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

Though obviously he appears to have form.

Edit: Or what PL said.

Edited by ewerk

shame if we have to lose him, local lad and all that. decent defender on his day. he's having a laugh with his wage demands mind. he must be daft not to realise he aint going to get a 33% rise out of ashley

shame if we have to lose him, local lad and all that. decent defender on his day. he's having a laugh with his wage demands mind. he must be daft not to realise he aint going to get a 33% rise out of ashley

He's always playing that card anyway. Largely unsuccessfully to my mind. Agree with PL like. He's dead ordinary but his leaving will weaken an already small squad.

i can see ashley getting rid and not replacing him. don't mind him going if he's relaced with better quality. but will that happen?

we're still a striker and midfielder short imo and we could be on the verge of dispatching a centre back that can also probably cover right back better than either perch or simpson.

He's always playing that card anyway. Largely unsuccessfully to my mind. Agree with PL like. He's dead ordinary but his leaving will weaken an already small squad.

Kamil Zayatte linked with us this morning in the Daily Mail. Would make sense I guess.

i can see ashley getting rid and not replacing him. don't mind him going if he's relaced with better quality. but will that happen?

Assuming it's true though, he's not getting rid, he's making a decent offer whereas the player's not only asking for considerably more than he's worth, he's also asking for a lot more than he knows the owner will give him or anyone else. So he's manufacturing the move. Or his advisors are. I haven't forgotten about Owen supposedly being offered an improved deal just before KK walked though, so I'll take it all with a pinch of salt.

we're still a striker and midfielder short imo and we could be on the verge of dispatching a centre back that can also probably cover right back better than either perch or simpson.

Campbell, Colocini, Williamson, Perch and Kadar can all play CB so it's not our weakest position.

Doubt they'll go impulse buying tho..

I don't know if anyone will, I guess most managers have already spent their budgets or have other targets in mind, for this to happen a week before the transfer window shuts is bad timing.

Campbell, Colocini, Williamson, Perch and Kadar can all play CB so it's not our weakest position.

not our strongest either when you look at that lot

Where do we have more strength in depth then?

Where do we have more strength in depth then?

Midfield, without question..

I'd guess the club wouldn't offer him a worse contract anyway. I'd say his auld lad is pricking about again.

I've not(personally) seen him playing in a while-he always seems to be injured when I'm at a game. Centre back is defo a position that you get a better feel for a player, when you're watching a match from the stands, as opposed to tv. Can any match-goers fill me in on how he was playing recently?