Harry Redknapp

Sima

Redknapp's as dodgy as a three pound coin but I don't hate him and he's a decent manager. Good chance of being the next England boss too IMO.

If he gets the England job, his twitch will get even worse. they'll have to tether him down to interview him.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redknapp's as dodgy as a three pound coin but I don't hate him and he's a decent manager. Good chance of being the next England boss too IMO.

If he gets the England job, his twitch will get even worse. they'll have to tether him down to interview him.

;)

;)

;) When he was in that relegation battle at Southampton he was like a Tourettes sufferer who'd swallowed a handful of E's.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Celtic have a big fanbase.

Do they? They have a hardcore smaller than ours. When they reached rock bottom circa 94 their "fanbase" was a fraction of ours when we reached our rock bottom last year. When all the glitz comes away from football you're left with your proper fanbases around the country. Man Utd > Newcastle.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

;)

I WAS JUST SPECULATING about Redknapp swearing a lot last week ;) class that like and I bet he'd have said nothing if it was after the 9-1 not a 0-1. Stupid cunt. Believes his own hype.

;)

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

He does, no doubt about it.

I didn't know he got one of the manager of the year awards last year, (football writers?). I find that unbelievable if true, spends a bit of money and scrapes 4th place, just goes to show how much 'Arry has the media wrapped around his finger. I read a piece in some papers column the other day and the writer must have typed it with one hand whilst stroking himself, it was all about how Spurs were giants and should be grateful for the 'prudent' way they've done business and how the stadium they're going to build will packed to the rafters and the money will come flowing in. It was nauseous reading but showed the esteem they're held in by loads of the press.

;)

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

I didn't know he got one of the manager of the year awards last year, (football writers?). I find that unbelievable if true, spends a bit of money and scrapes 4th place, just goes to show how much 'Arry has the media wrapped around his finger. I read a piece in some papers column the other day and the writer must have typed it with one hand whilst stroking himself, it was all about how Spurs were giants and should be grateful for the 'prudent' way they've done business and how the stadium they're going to build will packed to the rafters and the money will come flowing in. It was nauseous reading but showed the esteem they're held in by loads of the press.

I do think he's a good manager but I'm still glad he didn't come here. ;)

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Alright there Oliver Stone!

The UDA bloke??????

I think that lunatic was called 'Michael'.

Ah right thought it was Oliver, never mind.

He won the LMA Manager of the Year award. If anyone should've won that award, surely it had to be Roy Hodgson, considering such an acheivement (Europa Leauge final) accomplished with a very average team on paper.

I think that portrays how small-time the Uefa Cup is now regarded.

It was actually Hodgson that won the LMA Manager of the Year award, voted by fellow managers.

It covers any league, and both domestic and international cups.

What Harry Redknapp won was the Premier League Manager of the Year award, which only considers Premier League (where Fulham were rather average lets be honest).

Usually given to Sir Alex Ferguson.

This Van Der Vaart deal has brown envelopes written all over it.

"I'm a fahkin football managah"! :jesuswept:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...pur/8958654.stm

Redknapp said on Tuesday: "It was a last-minute job. I think he was going to Bayern Munich on Monday for £18m and suddenly he became much cheaper.

"They let me know around 4pm (1600 BST) that he was available for £8m and, for that money, he is a top player who will definitely improve us. The fee has come crashing down because the deadline is so close."

However, Real's statement said: "It is absolutely false that Real Madrid received a 21m euro (£18m) offer from Bayern Munich for Van der Vaart.

"In fact, the German team never showed an interest to sign the player, so the allegations made in England have greatly surprised us."

Hmmmm....