Robbie Keane

JawD

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Aye for the same reasons you'd take Paul McShane or Kevin Kilbane. The best thing about him is he's a good talker on the pitch and would be a bit of a leader.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye for the same reasons you'd take Paul McShane or Kevin Kilbane. The best thing about him is he's a good talker on the pitch and would be a bit of a leader.

ah! he's a terrible leader in that sense, Stevie. A complete moan if every ball isn't put on his toe.

I remember seeing Steophen Kelly making his Ireland debut and he barely misplaced a pass to Keane, who absolutely berated him. He looked fucking terrified after that.

Anyway, his movement and ability to score are reason enough to sign him.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

ah! he's a terrible leader in that sense, Stevie. A complete moan if every ball isn't put on his toe.

I remember seeing Steophen Kelly making his Ireland debut and he barely misplaced a pass to Keane, who absolutely berated him. He looked fucking terrified after that.

I'd be amazed if he wants to go back to Celtic for any other reason than he doesn't feel he can hack it down here anymore. I think his leadership qialities have improved since then. I would be far from surprised if the mackems don't try and hijack this if it's genuine, particularly with him being friends with NQ.

I'd be amazed if he wants to go back to Celtic for any other reason than he doesn't feel he can hack it down here anymore. I think his leadership qialities have improved since then. I would be far from surprised if the mackems don't try and hijack this if it's genuine, particularly with him being friends with NQ.

He's still got a bit of an "anyone's fault but my own" type attitude, would still be a good addition on loan though.

Can't believe anyone would turn their noses up at him tbh. Have you seen our team?

exactly, what’ve we got if Carroll is injured, suspended or locked up?

Loverkrands only looks decent as an impact substitute. Best, Shola or Ranger — oh dear.

The only concern with Keane is that for the last few seasons he’s never looked capable of playing for a full 90 mins. Spuds fans all seem to think his fitness is shot.

this may not have been mentioned, as I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, but why don't we actually just pay a fee and sign him to be our player ?

Why tie up a declining 30 year old to a big money long term deal if you can get him for nothing and put him in the position of playing for his future :)

this may not have been mentioned, as I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, but why don't we actually just pay a fee and sign him to be our player ?

Why tie up a declining 30 year old to a big money long term deal if you can get him for nothing and put him in the position of playing for his future :)

errr because as soon as he actually looks any good someone will take him off us?

I remember having this conversation about Kluivert on here.

Can anyone think of an example of this happening, ie a player on trial and performing well, but then getting snapped up by a bigger club?

errr because as soon as he actually looks any good someone will take him off us?

errr how long has he realistically got left? If he plays well and we make a move for him, and if he doesn't want to move here and would prefer the move elsewhere, then I'd be happy with that.

I remember having this conversation about Kluivert on here.

Can anyone think of an example of this happening, ie a player on trial and performing well, but then getting snapped up by a bigger club?

Anelka that year he played for Liverpool

yeah city would have been a pretty big step down at that point.

I'm sure there's been a couple with the likes of portsmouth and boro in recent seasons, I just have a terrible memory for them

shame your man hasn't backed his manager with anywhere near the transfer budgets his predecessors did, on younger players to go alongside him.

Have you stopped to think why the crowds are declining by the way ?

On 2nd thoughts, that's not really your strength is it.

errr how long has he realistically got left? If he plays well and we make a move for him, and if he doesn't want to move here and would prefer the move elsewhere, then I'd be happy with that.

It will be interesting to see your comments when players such as Enrique move on, because the club doesn't show them the ambiton to make them want to stay.

Are you expecting a quick return to the european qualifications by the way, and will you boo if we ever finish 5th top of the premiership again ?

Passed a medical, supposedly...

Although I think that is just Chinese whispers making it up to more than what it is. We shall wait and see, though

EDIT: He's also on the bench at WHL, so looks like an incorrect rumour.

Edited by Nyff

Why tie up a declining 30 year old to a big money long term deal if you can get him for nothing and put him in the position of playing for his future ;)

It will be interesting to see your comments when players such as Enrique move on, because the club doesn't show them the ambiton to make them want to stay.

Are you expecting a quick return to the european qualifications by the way, and will you boo if we ever finish 5th top of the premiership again ?

A reply completely irrelivent to the topic? Not like you

Passed a medical, supposedly...

Although I think that is just Chinese whispers making it up to more than what it is. We shall wait and see, though

EDIT: He's also on the bench at WHL, so looks like an incorrect rumour.

Read somewhere that he had that medical 2 weeks ago.