The Tyne-Wear Derby

Anorthernsoul

;)The clown who can't understand why Newcastle is followed by 'upon Tyne' yet Sunderland has no reference to the Wear.

I'm guessing he doesn't realise there's another Newcastle near Stoke then? :)

I laughed at that and cringed at the bloke who tried to explain it.

The cunt who claims we have to use it? Aye he fails to point out that there's one Manchester, one Birmingham, one Liverpool and one Sunderland in this country yet two Newcastles. Fucking mong.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then lived in Portugal, Whitburn, Sunderland, Forest Hall, Gateshead, America and finally North Shields.

Basically, the local paper publish his address and then he's off again.

;) North Shields has a more laissez faire attitude when it comes to the register.

:)

;)The clown who can't understand why Newcastle is followed by 'upon Tyne' yet Sunderland has no reference to the Wear.

I'm guessing he doesn't realise there's another Newcastle near Stoke then? :)

I laughed at that and cringed at the bloke who tried to explain it.

The cunt who claims we have to use it? Aye he fails to point out that there's one Manchester, one Birmingham, one Liverpool and one Sunderland in this country yet two Newcastles. Fucking mong.

I had to laugh at that those thick mackems!

as well as Newcastle-under-Lyme, in the UK there’s also:

Newcastle (County Down, Northern Ireland)

Newcastle Emlyn (Wales)

Newcastle on Clun (England)

Newcastle (Monmouth, Wales)

but of course we’re inferior to Scumderland because our city (a proper one at that) has to use ‘upon Tyne’ — hahaha.

;)

To underline the point, there's even a semi-formal "Newcastles of the World" organisation with members from all over the world (though the city doesn't commit to it fully because it's already got plenty of decent twin town activities going on). Whereas Sunderland's namesakes comprise a hamlet in Cumbria, a small community in Ontario and four one-horse towns in the US, one of whose only claim to fame on Wikipedia is being the home of the "Dignity Village homeless settlement". :)

I love how their only (incorrect) argument is that there were no mines in Newcastle.

They've ,unsurprisingly,totally missed the point of a city- a centre of commerce.

For any Mackem lurkers here's how it works;

1) Fort is built

2) Fort is safe, traders live at fort

3) Market grows around fort

4) Fort becomes market town

5) Goods are taken to Market from production areas

6) Succesful town becomes City

7) Inbred neighbours down the road are doomed to generations of jealousy and bitterness

How the fuck have they pinned this all on Wacky? ;) Daft cunts.

Hilarious that they're trying to mock everyone who asked for the PM - as if they wouldn't do the same if the roles were reversed.

And two seperate threads about this one? They're obsessed man!

I love how their only (incorrect) argument is that there were no mines in Newcastle.

They've ,unsurprisingly,totally missed the point of a city- a centre of commerce.

1) Fort is built

7) Inbred neighbours down the road are doomed to generations of jealousy and bitterness

8) Inbred neighbours are eventually given the status of city just out of pity and they still dont shut the fuck up bitching about them up the road being better off

1) Fort is built

8) Inbred neighbours are eventually given the status of city just out of pity and they still dont shut the fuck up bitching about them up the road being better off

9) Inbred neighbours get own airport... oh wait.

• 3 weeks later...
The mackem game has now been rescheduled to an earlier KO time of 1.30 on request of the OB!

No suprise there to be fair, always thought it was a bit suspect the later KO than in zee past.

Seemingly the OB have been in dispute with the club since the fixtures were announced. Police view is noon kick off (understandably), the new head of security at SJP is an ex Northumbria Police chief who is arguing that we can reduce the numbers of officers in the ground and therefore the police bill. He reckons Phoenix security can handle everything in the ground with police only involved outside (where the cost is not NUFCs). To back this up the club refused any change of time as that would be confirming the security fears and diluting the argument.

It looks like this is a compromise time and hopefully sense will prevail when it comes to policing inside the ground otherwise I dread to imagine what kind of cocktail of violence would be created when you mix Gremlins, SCs, a day on the beer and Phoenix security into Level 7.

The mackem game has now been rescheduled to an earlier KO time of 1.30 on request of the OB!

No suprise there to be fair, always thought it was a bit suspect the later KO than in zee past.

Seemingly the OB have been in dispute with the club since the fixtures were announced. Police view is noon kick off (understandably), the new head of security at SJP is an ex Northumbria Police chief who is arguing that we can reduce the numbers of officers in the ground and therefore the police bill. He reckons Phoenix security can handle everything in the ground with police only involved outside (where the cost is not NUFCs). To back this up the club refused any change of time as that would be confirming the security fears and diluting the argument.

It looks like this is a compromise time and hopefully sense will prevail when it comes to policing inside the ground otherwise I dread to imagine what kind of cocktail of violence would be created when you mix Gremlins, SCs, a day on the beer and Phoenix security into Level 7.

I've noticed there are fewer Police in the ground this season as it happens. Still a fair number in Level 7 Leazes keeping segregation and nicking away fans, but not noticeable in such numbers in other parts of the ground as in the past.