Old Board vs New Board

The Fish

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Significantly lowered the wage bill and in a better league position than when Shepherd left. Says it all really.

Um, I hate to point out the obvious but under a full season with Ashley's choices we are yet to finisher as high as fat Freddy's lowest season in the premier league. Ashley argued that fat Sam wasn't his choice when he sacked him so at the cunt's insistence we will only count the years of his "control."

So once again you'd be wrong.

Given where we were two years ago we're not in a bad position now in my opinion.

Ashley somehow got lucky by appointing a dirt cheap manager who has done a good job, including the purchase of some handy players (and some not really worth talking about).

The problem is that it doesn't seem at all likely that Ashley will be willing or able to build on the good year that we've had and so it will all be for nothing. All indications are that under his ownership our forward momentum will come to at best a grinding halt. We're reduced to hoping otherwise.

The manager and the players will hopefully be somewhat of a motiviating factor to Ashley in wanting to push to the next echelon, however in the current climate where you have half a dozen teams (Chelsea, Manu, ManC, Liv, Arse & Tott) spending big money and some other clubs not too far behind (Villa) it's unlikely that we'll see the level of investment in players that will have us competing with them on an ongoing basis. What I hope is that the bottom falls out of the big spending clubs because their practices aren't sustainable. If at that point we're in a decent position, with some smart investment we can slide back into the top 6.

Must admit Im feeling quite positive about things at the moment.

The mad ramblings that used to come from the boardroom seem to have stopped.

They have said for some time that they will look at Hughtons contract when this one expires (sound move)

They have brought some decent additions into the squad (more than most had hoped for)

They have quickly jumped to squash wild speculation ala Shepherd story yesterday.

I now look down the road at Sunderland and see a bloated "name" manager leading a bloated squad where the club record signing cant even get on the pitch. Millions thrown away in recent years and still just a bottom to mid table team.

From the abyss, we have turned into a Fulham (I know leazes bla bla bla) and now have a tight unit and great spirit at the club.

Gone are the days of unnamed players or club sources briefing to the press. It really does seem a happy camp.

I think the press are deperately trying to whip up stories about us hence the Hughton flurry last week and the Shepherd talk this week.

I still think with a bit of luck and some more clever deals in January we have a good chance of pushing for Europe (And yes Fish I look forward to watching you choke on that signature :angry: )

Lets not forget had we been a bit better infront of goal against Blackpool and Stoke not to mention the Man City game and we would be sitting 2nd in the league.

Lets just keep re-building the club slowly on solid ground which will only make us even more appealing when the right buyer comes sniffing.

Must admit Im feeling quite positive about things at the moment.

The mad ramblings that used to come from the boardroom seem to have stopped.

They have said for some time that they will look at Hughtons contract when this one expires (sound move)

They have brought some decent additions into the squad (more than most had hoped for)

They have quickly jumped to squash wild speculation ala Shepherd story yesterday.

I now look down the road at Sunderland and see a bloated "name" manager leading a bloated squad where the club record signing cant even get on the pitch. Millions thrown away in recent years and still just a bottom to mid table team.

From the abyss, we have turned into a Fulham (I know leazes bla bla bla) and now have a tight unit and great spirit at the club.

Gone are the days of unnamed players or club sources briefing to the press. It really does seem a happy camp.

I think the press are deperately trying to whip up stories about us hence the Hughton flurry last week and the Shepherd talk this week.

I still think with a bit of luck and some more clever deals in January we have a good chance of pushing for Europe (And yes Fish I look forward to watching you choke on that signature :angry: )

Lets not forget had we been a bit better infront of goal against Blackpool and Stoke not to mention the Man City game and we would be sitting 2nd in the league.

Lets just keep re-building the club slowly on solid ground which will only make us even more appealing when the right buyer comes sniffing.

Did you have to? You're the fucking kiss of death man.

Significantly lowered the wage bill and in a better league position than when Shepherd left. Says it all really.

have you tried posting on NO and skunkers ? Plenty on there deluded enough to agree with you, that one win all of a sudden makes us the bestest and most ambitious club in the world.

Fuckin brain dead or what. :angry:

but we weren't.

Edited by LeazesMag

If you can't get any enjoyment from a derby massacre, then you're basically on a wind-up or a cunt.

if you think one win against an average team suddenly makes Mike Ashley a sooper dooper owner and that the club is going places then you're a moron.

If you can't get any enjoyment from a derby massacre, then you're basically on a wind-up or a cunt.

if you think one win against an average team suddenly makes Mike Ashley a sooper dooper owner and that the club is going places then you're a moron.

Never said that.

Read it again.

All the same people getting as excited as they did after the Villa result.

Have they forgotten we took a grand total of 2 points point from Blackpool, Wolves, Stoke and Wigan between those 2 games?

Just enjoy the result, don't look any further into it.

All Ashley has to do is give Hughton the contract he deserves, keep looking for deals that suit the club rather than the player's agent and spend a bit of money in the next two transfer windows. We've got lucky with Carroll and Hughton especially, we really do have a chance of building something good here.

Something tells me he'll blow it though.

Surely any credit for winning that game (and its easy to say sunderland are shite now after the game) is down to CH and fuck all to do with MA? Ok, I know MA appoints the manager but I'd think that was more luck (cheap) than judgement?

Enjoy the win, worry about the next game next weekend (back with a bump I reckon).

Surely any credit for winning that game (and its easy to say sunderland are shite now after the game) is down to CH and fuck all to do with MA? Ok, I know MA appoints the manager but I'd think that was more luck (cheap) than judgement?

Enjoy the win, worry about the next game next weekend (back with a bump I reckon).

It's all down to Hughton IMO. Ashley has the easiest decision he'll ever have to make. Let's see if he's able to.

All Ashley has to do is give Hughton the contract he deserves, keep looking for deals that suit the club rather than the player's agent and spend a bit of money in the next two transfer windows. We've got lucky with Carroll and Hughton especially, we really do have a chance of building something good here.

Something tells me he'll blow it though.

Anyone thinking that things are getting good under MA need to take a step back imo. CH deserves all the credit he is getting. MA has done one thing right and thats shut the fuck up. Then again, when I sat in my seat before the Sunderland game and looked back across the pitch I was faced with that butt ugly fucking sign plastered the full size on the gallowgate end roof. Hideous. There to remind me every game I go to just what a total twat that bloke is.

Never said that.

Read it again.

where did I say I didn't enjoy it ? Of course I enjoyed it. So read my posts again.

Look at the bigger picture, as also posted by Happy Face and JawD.

Never said that.

Read it again.

where did I say I didn't enjoy it ? Of course I enjoyed it. So read my posts again.

You've been nowhere to be seen until Shepherd or Muslims were mentioned. Only then has your usual tripe surfaced.

Never said that.

Read it again.

You've been nowhere to be seen until Shepherd or Muslims were mentioned. Only then has your usual tripe surfaced.

eerrr....what tripe is that ? Please show me where I am wrong ?

You're making things up you idiot. Read the posts and look at the bigger picture. If we go down, will beating or yes even thrashing the mackems be any good to us rather than a few wins against other teams that don't matter so much ?

But firstly, show me the posts where I am incorrect, presumably in my comments about the old board I take it, and prove it.

Do it or fuck off replying to me.

Edited by LeazesMag

Um, I hate to point out the obvious but under a full season with Ashley's choices we are yet to finisher as high as fat Freddy's lowest season in the premier league. Ashley argued that fat Sam wasn't his choice when he sacked him so at the cunt's insistence we will only count the years of his "control."

So once again you'd be wrong.

The ironic thing about this is, Sam Allardyce would have been far more likely to succeed in turning us into Bolton mark 2 under the penny pinching and football economics imposed by Mike Ashley than the approach by the Halls and Shepherd.

Not decrying what Hughton has done, he's done great and its a shame that he will eventually either get sacked or walk away, either of which will be as a direct result of not being backed by his boss.

But yes, as usual thompers has it wrong. Mike Ashley is nowhere near qualifying for the Champions League yet either, even just once. And going by thompers criteria, Notts Forest were relegated in Brian Cloughs last season as manager so it totally negates the magnificent achievements of one of Englands greatest managers and leaves him a complete and utter failure, in thompers opinion of course.

What a strange person he is.

Edited by LeazesMag