Beer

shackbleep

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't tried that one, but I always tend to like Czech lagers.

I'm not generally a lager drinker, but I quite like that.

Edit.

Its not a 6% job or anything, but I do like it and I'm going to get some more. I don't particular like beers or lagers that taste "strong", but that is quite nice and it isn't "gassy" like some lagers. It may not be strong enough for some though, looking at what people have said they like.

Edited by LeazesMag

• 2 weeks later...

Gemmill, I'm sure it was yourself asking about Sam Smiths recently ? Saw a mate other day who works for them. Can buy it in Fenwicks and the offy at Cradlewell (when coming off coast rd, on right after Armstrong Bridge) and Crusoes on Longsands'll sell it as a carry out (but be expensive) . Dunno where you're based but in Tynemouth Lois and Barca serve it. Cullercoats cleurb, Cluny and The Tyne at Ouseburn too.

Anyhoo, if you get to any/all for home procurement purposes i'd be interested in a pricing analysis as its a lush drop.

Doesn't have to be as involved as your recent fad/fasting dieting referencing like <_<

Haven't tried that one, but I always tend to like Czech lagers.

I'm not generally a lager drinker, but I quite like that.

Edit.

Its not a 6% job or anything, but I do like it and I'm going to get some more. I don't particular like beers or lagers that taste "strong", but that is quite nice and it isn't "gassy" like some lagers. It may not be strong enough for some though, looking at what people have said they like.

Aye, I've always found Czech/Czech-style lagers to be very "smooth" drinking - regardless of their percentage actually (some are very good at being dangerously strong yet seemingly mellow on the surface <_<) - so it makes sense you'd have liked that one as someone who's not a fan of bubbles up the nose. <_<

Gemmill, I'm sure it was yourself asking about Sam Smiths recently ? Saw a mate other day who works for them. Can buy it in Fenwicks and the offy at Cradlewell (when coming off coast rd, on right after Armstrong Bridge) and Crusoes on Longsands'll sell it as a carry out (but be expensive) . Dunno where you're based but in Tynemouth Lois and Barca serve it. Cullercoats cleurb, Cluny and The Tyne at Ouseburn too.

Anyhoo, if you get to any/all for home procurement purposes i'd be interested in a pricing analysis as its a lush drop.

Doesn't have to be as involved as your recent fad/fasting dieting referencing like <_<

<_< nice one I'm gonna get some from Rehills in that case. Thanks for the Intel. :lol:

<_< nice one I'm gonna get some from Rehills in that case. Thanks for the Intel. :lol:

No probs - public service and all that :lol:

was in the Newcastle Arms the other night. Tried some of the guest ales, they were all to light for me. Thats the problem, you try a guest ale and if it isn't that good, you're fucked.

I had a pint of Bishops ? [something] in the Bodega last week, that was good.

was in the Newcastle Arms the other night. Tried some of the guest ales, they were all to light for me. Thats the problem, you try a guest ale and if it isn't that good, you're fucked.

Prince Bishops? I think it's sold by Big Lamp Brewery. They have their own pub in Newburn, awful stuff, but the OC's love it.

Still can't find this Kirin in any NE supermarkets or offies :(:(

Don't you just ask for a taster before buying a pint, thus avoiding being 'fucked'?

Don't you just ask for a taster before buying a pint, thus avoiding being 'fucked'?

no :( I just buy it and drink it.

Edit. Just ask what a popular one is and get it.

Edited by LeazesMag

If your looking for Sam Smiths beers they have got a tied house in North Shields the Prince of Wales just along from the ferry before you get to the Fish Quay does all there draught/bottled beers/lagers and pretty cheap as well.

My mam bought be a selection of beers for Christmas and one of them was the Seaton Deleval Pale Ale. Prefer to drink darker ales usually but it was really nice.

WebPostcardFront.jpg

Also try to get this whenever I'm up in Scotland. Had a pint of it years ago in a borders pub and have liked it since. Actually went to the Brewery in Castle Douglas to buy a case when I was up there once!

lab6.jpg