Man Citeh vs Newcastle United

Deano

Ameobe ahead of Carroll, wot the hell is Hughton thinking?

Get in, you're back.

Watch the game did you? Ameobi played well.

Yes I watched the game Besty and I still wonder wot Hughton was thinking of by playing Ameobe ahead of Carroll. Ameobe may have done alright in the first half but he faded badly in the second. Stroller is not the kind of player you want up-front on his own with Nolan as support.

How many games have we lost playing with one up front?

I'd be happy with two up front, delirious with three. I know I'm old but I don't reccomend going back to five forwards but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 4 - 3 - 3 formation. :lol:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get in, you're back.

Yes I watched the game Besty and I still wonder wot Hughton was thinking of by playing Ameobe ahead of Carroll. Ameobe may have done alright in the first half but he faded badly in the second. Stroller is not the kind of player you want up-front on his own with Nolan as support.

I'd be happy with two up front, delirious with three. I know I'm old but I don't reccomend going back to five forwards but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 4 - 3 - 3 formation. :lol:

At first i thought it was a mistake...Ameobe? Ameobe? Ameobe? Who the fuck is Ameobe?

Get in, you're back.

At first i thought it was a mistake...Ameobe? Ameobe? Ameobe? Who the fuck is Ameobe?

Wot you talking about?

The more I think about it the more angry I am about the game, the officiating and of course that cunt de Jong.

Really feel for Ben Arfa.

Will try not to repeat self this time lol. some really nice passing from us. BA double fracture is bad news. Only Routledge looked totally out of his depth. Problem is we don't seem to have any consistency and, apart from villa game are playing up/down to level of opposition.

De Jong has quickly garnered himself a reputation for being a midfield sniper [he broke a lad's leg during the last set WC qualifiers].

Compared to the great technique-based midfielders Holland have produced [as well as their overall approach when educating their youngsters] over the years De Jong is a sad indictment of the direction the Dutch have employed in recent times - probably in the wake of Rikjard's stint in the top job if one were to put a time frame on it, as to when it started.

Too many snipers, or shitkickers within that set-up now. Sad really.

On a side note, 'top 4 team' refereeing was painfully apparent today.

Edited by Year Zero

The more I think about it the more angry I am about the game, the officiating and of course that cunt de Jong.

Really feel for Ben Arfa.

Yup, and I feel almost certain that we'll never see him in a B & W top again (unless, of course. he plays for Juve some time in the future).

Fucking hell, this has really fucked me off.

The thing I'm more pissed off about is this De Jong tackle is going to be praised by some cunts 'you can't take that out of the game', as Hughton said, it didn't need to be made and he had no control over the outcome of the tackle. I don't want to watch a game of football and see cunts who have intent like De Jong crippling men and inflicting horrific injuries on them. It's meant to be entertainment, if they like fighting so much why not send De Jong, Shawcross and Cattermole to Helmand Province on a special mission pulling IEDs out of the Taliban's arse.

Ultimately these kinds of players are cowards and are hiding behind their shirts and the sport. YOu could see when Tiote walked came back over to DeGone he looked scared.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

De Jong is a thuggish cunt, he had a reputation for it even in the Bundesliga where someone like Scott Sellars would be seen as a hardman.

I don't know about anyone else but I knew straight away he'd broken his leg, you could actually hear the crack, absolute nightmare situation, our best player in years and he'll be out till at least February, I just hope we can manage without him.

I thought overall we were the better team, we were the better team against Blackpool, we were streets ahead of Wolves and even though we were shit we were better than Stoke, and that's 1 point from 12 games. That's the worry. 1 point from 12, and a further worry is I'd probably give our performance so far overall as 7/10, and we're one point off the drop zone.

The results (at home in particular) are a massive worry like. Especially our inability to break teams down, in particular now Ben Arfa is fucked. Wouldn't agree re: Stoke btw. We were a shambles after the break and got what we deserved but I agree in general. Strangely, taking the Villa game out of the equation, we've looked better away from home, although I suppose that's to do with the way the side's set up. On a positive note Tiote looks class. Which means he'll probably be out for 3 months soon.

Edited by alex

De Jong is a thuggish cunt, he had a reputation for it even in the Bundesliga where someone like Scott Sellars would be seen as a hardman.

I don't know about anyone else but I knew straight away he'd broken his leg, you could actually hear the crack, absolute nightmare situation, our best player in years and he'll be out till at least February, I just hope we can manage without him.

I thought overall we were the better team, we were the better team against Blackpool, we were streets ahead of Wolves and even though we were shit we were better than Stoke, and that's 1 point from 12 games. That's the worry. 1 point from 12, and a further worry is I'd probably give our performance so far overall as 7/10, and we're one point off the drop zone.

Ref won them the game basically. There's something going on with these refs tbs. Is it fear of the big sides? Do they get posh sandwiches at these grounds?

Citeh seemed really panicky when we started moving the ball around and I was surprised that the same side beat Chelsea, just shows you that on any given day any side in this league can be beaten.

The bottom line is when we dominate we don't score cause we don't have a quality and mobile striker. Carroll is still learning his trade and he is doing it more or less alone up there.

From football365's winners and losers section....

Martin Atkinson

Here's hoping: A lengthy suspension for violent conduct for De Jong, another match suspended for Karl Henry for failing to leave the pitch promptly following his dismissal (there is precedent for this, especially when the governing body wants an excuse to throw the book), a charge of either taking the piss or bringing the game into disrepute for Brian Kidd, and an overdue expulsion from top-flight refereeing duties for the outrage in black. Atkinson can't escape this time.

Not holding my breath for any of the above to happen :lol:

The results (at home in particular) are a massive worry like. Especially our inability to break teams down, in particular now Ben Arfa is fucked. Wouldn't agree re: Stoke btw. We were a shambles after the break and got what we deserved but I agree in general. Strangely, taking the Villa game out of the equation, we've looked better away from home, although I suppose that's to do with the way the side's set up. On a positive note Tiote looks class. Which means he'll probably be out for 3 months soon.

We need 2 upfront at home and a proper support striker with pace. That is the problem.

On a positive note Tiote looks class. Which means he'll probably be out for 3 months soon.

I have to admit feeling like an idiot for questioning his performance last week.

I also admit to an old "sod reality" reaction when he sort of clashed with De Jong very late on and I was screaming "stamp on his knackers" with no thought to the suspension that would have brought.

Tiote for me is already up there with the best holding mf in the PL. Need to keep a hold of him.

We need 2 upfront at home and a proper support striker with pace. That is the problem.

Hughton seems a bit conservative as a manager. I don't really want to knock the bloke because I like him and he's doing well with limited resources etc. And we seem to have a good spirit to the side and the players have a bit of confidence and are playing for each other. The problem is we need to pick up the vast majority of our points at home with away points being a 'bonus', as it were. I.e. have a go at home and play the more compact 4-5-1 away. Shola seems to be in a decent bit of form so I'd pair him with Carroll in home games atm (before the inevitable hip injury resurfaces). I don't see this happening though as Nolan seems like the first name on the team sheet and I think even Hughton knows he can't play him in a 4-4-2 as a central midfielder.

On a positive note Tiote looks class. Which means he'll probably be out for 3 months soon.

I have to admit feeling like an idiot for questioning his performance last week.

I also admit to an old "sod reality" reaction when he sort of clashed with De Jong very late on and I was screaming "stamp on his knackers" with no thought to the suspension that would have brought.

Thought that showed De Jong up for what he was tbh. Looked like he shit himself a bit then only resumed his hard man act when Tiote was a safe distance away.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Tiote on the evidence so far is one of the best players we've ever had in that position. Easily as good as Batty on his showing so far, he's soooooo calm.