Newcastle Vs. Arsenal

loonyTOON

Running out of patience with Guthrie. Slow and meandering on the ball, no pace at all and no zip. Used to be able to pass a bit, but that seems to have gone out the window.

Oh come on now.

He's had, what, two games since his return from injury?

That's it you've pushed me too far...I've decided he's crap now. ;):razz:

Vukic showed some nice touches and again shows promise.

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i had a little hope before kick off but arsenal well and truely mullered us all night. Never like to see us get beat but at least we can now concentrate on staying up...and winning the FA Cup. ;)

Positives...if any...

Vuckic does look like he could be a quality player...big, strong, turn of pace, composed on ball and a good strike on him. Want to see more of him in the PL.

Kadar does look decent even out at LB.

No injuries.

"Chris is our manager and will remain our manager. It's our intention to renegotiate his contract at the end of the year."

Where and when was this said?

Just strange to be posted in the match thread out of nowhere.

another season, another cup exit. the years since our last major trophy roll on. shame we didn't out a stronger side out really. the draw doesn't look too bad from here.

Top yourself you miserable cunt. It's people like you that make me ashamed to be geordie. What interest and excitement is anyone gonna get out that post, you total mug.

Running out of patience with Guthrie. Slow and meandering on the ball, no pace at all and no zip. Used to be able to pass a bit, but that seems to have gone out the window.

Did you not see his through ball that put Ranger one on one with the keeper? Ranger's first touch was half decewnt but then got the ball under his feet with the goal virtually at his mercy. I wouldn't say he was slow an meadering at all, he was always looking up to see where he could make a pass to, something others (like Routledge) don't often do. Was horrible for the goal or course, can be no excuse for that.

Is Ranger not the most clumsy looking player of all time? Makes Shola look graceful. I guess he's still growing into his body. Might help if he wasn't wearing skates out there.

Vuckic looked quite good today I though. Would like to see him getting a little more involvement in the first team now that Ben Arfa is out. Has some good pace once he gets moving and looks to have good vision for a player of his age.

A few decent individual performances tonight and I felt we could have had a couple at the start, cracking shot from Smith and a natural striker would have finished Rangers chance without thinking twice.

At the end of the day not too dissapointed. Arsenal's class shone through from the start and although the second goal shouldn't have counted the score hardly flatters them.

We can take heart from the massive difference made by the three subs. Barton was very determined and looked good, Carroll was very impressive, making space and putting a few shots in, Gutierrez had an impact.

People booing at the end need a slap, at the end of the day a team with Walcott, Rosiky and Bentdner in with a strong defence behind it will cause a lot of teams bother. Fabregas off the bench just says it all.

We can concentrate on the league and it's good Hughton stuck to his principles and played the fringe players.

At the end of the day, never happy to lose, wasn't happy with the ref but it's our second team and we could have had a couple of goals ourselves.

definitely looking like Routledge isnt going to cut it at the highest level from recent showings, and Lovenkrands is pretty close to being finished. Not the end of the world that we lost but I still think we could have gone with a stronger team, the league cup doesnt add that many more games so it wouldnt have been a massive distraction.

Edited by TicTacWoe

definitely looking like Routledge isnt going to cut it at the highest level from recent showings, and Lovenkrands is pretty close to being finished. Not the end of the world that we lost but I still think we could have gone with a stronger team, the league cup doesnt add that many more games so it wouldnt have been a massive distraction.

Lovenkrands still has value, but certainly not in games where we're going to be starved of possession and resort to playing long balls. In those sort of games, like he was today he'll be largely anonymous.

Routledge actually did some things ok today, beat Ebou nicely with some trickery. His final ball is pretty ordinary, but I'm far from writing him off completely. He does add something different I think, but at the moment it's hard to see that difference having much of an effect on the result. In the end result is the most important thing.

Speaking of Ebou, what a diving twat he is.

Edited by OzToonFan

another season, another cup exit. the years since our last major trophy roll on. shame we didn't out a stronger side out really. the draw doesn't look too bad from here.

Top yourself you miserable cunt. It's people like you that make me ashamed to be geordie. What interest and excitement is anyone gonna get out that post, you total mug.

:razz: ashamed to be a geordie? ;)

i'm genuinely disappointed. not with the performance or the result; it was expected with the team we put out. i just would have liked to see us put out a stronger side than the one we did. i know managers now are obsessed with rotating players in different competitions but i don't think we have that luxury when you haven't won a trophy for as long as us. that arsenal side was strong but still a way off their best side. we had a real chance to do something int his competition this year but no it's gone for another year.

do you think a club like ours like ours should be resting so many players for the league cup? i know preier league survival is the main objective but it's been that long since we won owt and this is the one we have a real chance of winning.

.. and should say that I thought Perch did ok today. Made some good challenges and interceptions.

Except for the fact he kept Walcott onside for his last goal. What it did show is he's not a full back's arse and the moment he moves out of the backline he is lost.

Problem is he's not big enough or strong enough to be a CB.

Disappointing result but not unexpected.

Stand out things for me, Smith is the new Nicky Butt and the difference between him as DM and Tiote, is the ball rarely goes forward from Smith stifling all play from our defence to our centre midfield.

Guthrie also looked to deep but no doubt that was a reaction to Smith's lack of legs.

Someone needs to buy Ranger a set of soft ground boots but I'd like to see him play off Carroll more - Hughton seemed to switch us to a 4-5-1 when Carroll and Jonas came on with Vuckic moving in side and Ranger to RM.

Like the conversation about Bellamy, Dutty Custard's finishing might be hit and miss but there is something there in his determination.

And I have to disagree completely with my countryman, Lovenkrands is gone and should be 5th or 6th choice.

Except for the fact he kept Walcott onside for his last goal. What it did show is he's not a full back's arse and the moment he moves out of the backline he is lost.

Shoosh, I'm trying to give the lad some confidence after all the crap he's read about himself on here the last few weeks.

I agree re: CB. Honestly though if he worked on his positioning and didn't push up the pitch so far to escape responsibility he'd be nowhere near the liability that he currently is. Still not good enough though.

;)Keep up the good work Perchie! :razz:

Ranger needs to be a bit more direct. There was a couple of occasions when he was 1-on-1 with a defender and looked for the lay off. He has the pace to shift it and hit. Maybe its just confidence.

I still see potential in him but needs to look at his stud choice more carefully !

Edited by Holden McGroin

Shoosh, I'm trying to give the lad some confidence after all the crap he's read about himself on here the last few weeks.

The lad has to be able to read before anything on this board upsets him ;)

On that did anyone hear the Walcott interview after the game, fuck me he's articulate. No "ummmm"; no "know what I mean" halfway through each sentence; no repeating the same "yeah it was a good game", over and over.

If he's half as smart as he sounds he's going to be even more of a dangerous player as he matures. :razz:

Gutierrez by the way... What's going on with this guy? The amount of time he gives the ball away.. Its ridiculous.. Same at the weekend..

Got that Argentine bad habit of thinking he's Maradonna and running into players the whole time...

He's the Argentine Stephen Hunt..

:razz: ashamed to be a geordie? ;)

i'm genuinely disappointed. not with the performance or the result; it was expected with the team we put out. i just would have liked to see us put out a stronger side than the one we did. i know managers now are obsessed with rotating players in different competitions but i don't think we have that luxury when you haven't won a trophy for as long as us. that arsenal side was strong but still a way off their best side. we had a real chance to do something int his competition this year but no it's gone for another year.

do you think a club like ours like ours should be resting so many players for the league cup? i know preier league survival is the main objective but it's been that long since we won owt and this is the one we have a real chance of winning.

Apologies, I came in pissed, pissed off, I'm such a bad loser, it's like a pride thing for me losing 4-0 at home, but.......you're still a miserable twat :razz: Took me weeks to get over lost 0-4 to Everton that time, same with the 2-6 against Man Utd.

I thought Kadar was abysmal. Smith had a decent 30 minutes then reverted to type and Perch looked like an Under 12 trying to play in an Under 17 league. Still Carroll was bright when he came on, and I think we'll give them a better game in the league. Canny turn oot as well.