Wor Stadiums Name ...like !!! Sky keep getting it wrong la !!

mongbird

Dear Sir / Madam,

As a lifelong fan of Sky Sports, I was looking forward to staying at home and watching Newcastle vs Arsenal and Newcastle vs Sunderland in the coming days. However, my excitement was replaced by shame, horror and sadness this afternoon after reading the 'Newcastle vs Arsenal Preview' article when you referred to our stadium (SportsDirect.com@St James Park) as simply 'St James' Park'.

Our stadium is both a commercial and a footballing fortress and it needed a name which reflected this. It was why I was so delighted when Mike Ashley boosted our reputation and renamed our stadium 'SportsDirect.com@St James Park'. Every time Sky Sports (Or even any other broadcaster, for that matter.) refers to it as St James' Park, it undermines the football club. It undermines the amazing owner and it undermines the Toon Army.

In future, I would appreciate it greatly if you referred to the stadium by it's proper title. By this, I don't mean referring to it in an abbreviation. It is not the DW Stadium and we are not Wigan. We are Newcastle United and we are SportsDirect.com@St James Park. It would bring a tear to my eye if I were forced to boycoutt Sky. I would miss the in-depth analysis and would, more importantly, miss Andy Gray and his fantastic touch screen.

Please don't make that happen. I wouldn't be able to cope with hearing the term 'St James' Park' when we're playing in the Champions League next season.

Kind Regards

Francis Todd Malone

Pipe down eh?

Reet mate was a tad childish .....ANYHOO

Hello,

as a proud geordie who has followed Newcastle United since they were founded in 1993, I feel I must object to the continual mispronunciation of the name of our ground, sportsdirect.com@st.james parkstadium, by your broadcast journalists.

This is an exciting new era in the glorious 17-year history of our club, but constantly referring to our ground by its previous name associates the club with a period of time we are frankly trying to get away from, and undermines the good work done by Chris Hughton, Mike Ashley, and especially the 'founding fathers of Newcastle', Mr. Tony Jimenez and Mr. Jeff Vetere. Additionally, everyone knows that the name 'St. James Park' is most closely associated in English Premierball with Exeter City, and the new name is part of a concerted effort on the part of Newcastle Utd to finally step out of their shadow. With your help, I know we'll get there.

Yours,

Frankenstein Trevor Millivanilli

trying too hard tbh.

So hard he posted it twice.

It wasn't funny the first time. Fuck knows what he was trying to achieve by posting it twice.

That's what happens when you're born with six fingers!

On one foot.

Dear Sir / Madam,

As a lifelong fan of Sky Sports, I was looking forward to staying at home and watching Newcastle vs Arsenal and Newcastle vs Sunderland in the coming days. However, my excitement was replaced by shame, horror and sadness this afternoon after reading the 'Newcastle vs Arsenal Preview' article when you referred to our stadium (SportsDirect.com@St James Park) as simply 'St James' Park'.

Our stadium is both a commercial and a footballing fortress and it needed a name which reflected this. It was why I was so delighted when Mike Ashley boosted our reputation and renamed our stadium 'SportsDirect.com@St James Park'. Every time Sky Sports (Or even any other broadcaster, for that matter.) refers to it as St James' Park, it undermines the football club. It undermines the amazing owner and it undermines the Toon Army.

In future, I would appreciate it greatly if you referred to the stadium by it's proper title. By this, I don't mean referring to it in an abbreviation. It is not the DW Stadium and we are not Wigan. We are Newcastle United and we are SportsDirect.com@St James Park. It would bring a tear to my eye if I were forced to boycoutt Sky. I would miss the in-depth analysis and would, more importantly, miss Andy Gray and his fantastic touch screen.

Please don't make that happen. I wouldn't be able to cope with hearing the term 'St James' Park' when we're playing in the Champions League next season.

Kind Regards

Francis Todd Malone

2dim0rn.gif