Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle United FC

Nobby

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect a good performance from the team and hope we better the result away to Man U.

As Holden points out, we will probably go 4-5-1 which may mean we keep it tight or that the balls up to Carroll dont stick, one of the two. The 4-4-2 at home didnt work against then but that was mainly because Lovenkrands is fecking useless rather than us being over run in midfield.

This season we've seen that when you put it up to the big teams, you stand a chance of picking something up as opposed to parking the bus and hoping to grab a goal from a set-piece.

Hopefully we go there with the same 11 from last week, as it would be harsh to drop any of them. Our front two work so hard at closing down defenders so we might not need an extra midfielder running about after Cesc.

Our front two worked hard on sunday as they had 50,000 geordie fireworks up their arses. I can't see Shola putting that work rate in at the emirates.

Put Shola on Ice until the away leg against Sunderland.

I doubt he will change a winning team but if he does it will be Shola/Andy who makes way for another midfielder. With them coming on 2nd half Newcastle are losing.

Nasri's comments as well. That being said, I dont see Barton getting sent off, that aggression seems to have disappeared from his game. If he can handle Henry's beating against Wolves, I think he could survive this.

Don't know why, but can see a 1-0 or maybe even 2-0 win here. Would just top off the perfect weekend for me, and the Arsenal fan upstairs would never live it down! Us to score relatively early, Arsenal to do what they do best and have hundreds of chances but not put any away, and then Nile Ranger to break through in the final minutes when they're really going for it and score a second.

Don't know why, but can see a 1-0 or maybe even 2-0 win here. Would just top off the perfect weekend for me, and the Arsenal fan upstairs would never live it down! Us to score relatively early, Arsenal to do what they do best and have hundreds of chances but not put any away, and then Nile Ranger to break through in the final minutes when they're really going for it and score a second.

Okay, not really going to happen, but I can still dream!