Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle United FC

Nobby

Absolutely delighted! :lol:

Gutted i had to work and missed the game but what a nice suprise once i got home!

Like others have said, notably CT...We really are looking like a GOOD side now. 5th place man! The negative people really have to sit up and take notice now. 3 away wins in london this season so far, 2 of which were against top 4 sides. Best away record in the league.

I am so fuckin proud to be a geordie right now, more so than i have been for a long long time! I think the last time i felt like this about a team was when SBR was in charge.

Some say we arent as good a side as teams gone by, and to an extent i agree but look at some of the football we've played this season. Look at the team spirit....i dont actually think iv noticed a team spirit quite like this one in the whole time iv supported the toon!

CH does seem to have something about him, we all had our doubts but like alot of our players he just gets better and better.

We definitely have found our starting line up, a team thats capable of beating alot of side, not just ones inferior to ourselves but the big boys too.

I have always been optimistic and its showing now that is just a so much better way of life :icon_lol:

I have 100% confidence in us staying up comfortably and with a bit of luck and the team staying together and performing like this then we could sneak a european place. I dont for one second expect it to happen but lets face it...going off facts and recent form its possible.

Soo fuckin happy man.

Now for 2 very VERY winnable home games in which we can really stamp our authority on and make the most of the last 3 results.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderfully assured performance - we've built ourselves a tight, well organised XI, I just hope Ashley doesn't rest on the laurels and gets some depth built to the squad in January.

2 Sundays in a row on Sky and we walk away with all the points - bring on the next one! :icon_lol:

Absolutely delighted! :gay:

Gutted i had to work and missed the game but what a nice suprise once i got home!

Like others have said, notably CT...We really are looking like a GOOD side now. 5th place man! The negative people really have to sit up and take notice now. 3 away wins in london this season so far, 2 of which were against top 4 sides. Best away record in the league.

I am so fuckin proud to be a geordie right now, more so than i have been for a long long time! I think the last time i felt like this about a team was when SBR was in charge.

Some say we arent as good a side as teams gone by, and to an extent i agree but look at some of the football we've played this season. Look at the team spirit....i dont actually think iv noticed a team spirit quite like this one in the whole time iv supported the toon!

CH does seem to have something about him, we all had our doubts but like alot of our players he just gets better and better.

We definitely have found our starting line up, a team thats capable of beating alot of side, not just ones inferior to ourselves but the big boys too.

I have always been optimistic and its showing now that is just a so much better way of life :lol:

I have 100% confidence in us staying up comfortably and with a bit of luck and the team staying together and performing like this then we could sneak a european place. I dont for one second expect it to happen but lets face it...going off facts and recent form its possible.

Soo fuckin happy man.

Now for 2 very VERY winnable home games in which we can really stamp our authority on and make the most of the last 3 results.

Well Said Sir..... :icon_lol:

...and us having a Tiote is why we are doing so well. He's not just a thug, he can play too but you always feel he'll get you out of trouble.

Not a thug at all imo, he is the anti-Smith, rarely dives in or even attempts to tackle just takes the ball off the opposition player clean.

In regards to Shola, Hughton asked him to play slightly deeper today which is why he wasn't up with the attack as times.

It was a lazy post while high on the win. :icon_lol:

He's not a thug at all...I meant he dominates and gives confidence to our players going forward.

Newcastle United are favoured to defeat Arsenal this afternoon at the Emirates. Gone are the days when the team was tormented with cries of “you never win in London”. This season the Magpies have won at Stamford Bridge and at Upton Park on their only two visits to London.

Arsenal play a neat quick-passing game designed to retain the ball and frustrate their opponents. However, as corporal Jones would say: “they don’t like it up ‘em”. Arsene Wenger’s teams have consistently struggled against sides who are more “physical”. This is the key that will enable Newcastle United to succeed at the Emirates.

The combative style of Andy Carroll and Cheik Tiote, ably supported by the creativity of Joey Barton will probably prove to be too much for the Gunners. It is a shame that injury will deprive Sol Campbell of making a return appearance at his old club.

This is the best balanced Newcastle United team for many years. In terms of all round ability it ranks favourably with the teams produced by Joe Harvey and Kevin Keegan in his first stint as manager.

Be prepared to watch a good, exciting, open game at 1.30 this afternoon.

I don't know where this originates from but... :icon_lol:

Wonderfully assured performance - we've built ourselves a tight, well organised XI, I just hope Ashley doesn't rest on the laurels and gets some depth built to the squad in January.

2 Sundays in a row on Sky and we walk away with all the points - bring on the next one! :icon_lol:

That's what I'd worry about

It will mean as much to me as beating Sunderland last week, because we've not won away to a "big 3" team for 9 years. We should just have a go play the two up front, if we get humped we expected it but at least we'd have had a go.

:icon_lol:B):lol:B):gay::nufc::good:B):(:spinwank:B)

:D:o

It doesn't get any better than that I feel tipsy and I've only had a few drinks, drunk on the taste of THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE result we've had since we beat Juventus in 2002. This is the best 7 days to be a Newcastle fan we've had since we beat Leeds and Arsenal and went top of the Premiership.

Tiote oh my god, oh my god, I love him, I absolutely love him. What does he do wrong???? He's the most perfect player in his role I've ever seen for his first 10 games in English football, and to think McClaren didn't play him every week at Twente!! Fuckin :):):):):) hehehehehehe. Days like this make you proud of our football club, and proud of our city, and we haven't been able to say that for years. Hughton isn't going to be a Glenn Roeder, I think he's more than proved himself. I think Ashley had Pardew lined up a few weeks ago before we played West Ham, heard it from very good scources, Alan fuckin Pardew, and with these run of results if this is true and I think it is, I hope the fat man looks at himself in the mirror and tells himself what a tool he's been. Get his contract sorted now. Three year deal on the same money Coyle's on a Bolton (30k) is the very least Hughton deserves. Got a few texts off my Arsenal supportin manager, all about how shite they were, well fuck off, we were magnificent, the only team I've seen have 70% possession against Arsenal in the first ten minutes at the Emirates was Barcelona last season, and it set the tone for the game. Proud to be a geordie. :nufc:

Edited by WDP

Newcastle United are favoured to defeat Arsenal this afternoon at the Emirates. Gone are the days when the team was tormented with cries of “you never win in London”. This season the Magpies have won at Stamford Bridge and at Upton Park on their only two visits to London.

Arsenal play a neat quick-passing game designed to retain the ball and frustrate their opponents. However, as corporal Jones would say: “they don’t like it up ‘em”. Arsene Wenger’s teams have consistently struggled against sides who are more “physical”. This is the key that will enable Newcastle United to succeed at the Emirates.

The combative style of Andy Carroll and Cheik Tiote, ably supported by the creativity of Joey Barton will probably prove to be too much for the Gunners. It is a shame that injury will deprive Sol Campbell of making a return appearance at his old club.

This is the best balanced Newcastle United team for many years. In terms of all round ability it ranks favourably with the teams produced by Joe Harvey and Kevin Keegan in his first stint as manager.

Be prepared to watch a good, exciting, open game at 1.30 this afternoon.

I don't know where this originates from but... :icon_lol:

:lol::gay::good:

Forgot to put the link in....None other than UK Nws Reporter???

http://uknewsreporter.co.uk/newcastle-unit...arsenal/678709/

Helluva result, I'm delighted. As important (in very different ways) to the mackem game.

5th, 17 points, goals, good defence, good morale and a real buzz around the place.

I fucking love football, me

Only 23 points away from safety. :icon_lol:

17 by Saturday night :lol:B) These could be the best days of our liiiiiiives...... :gay::):good::)

Might just be me but atmosphere in the air around the city is tremendous after we've won, you can just taste it, every fucka happy feeling the love, can even feel it on this message board :(

Edited by WDP

Love the way 2 results that exceeded what anyone could have hoped for means anyone being realistic about those games now needs to recalibrate their expectations.

Think I'll keep my feet on the ground and really enjoy these results rather than expect these performances and be crestfallen when we pull a Wolves/Blackpool/Stoke/Wigan etc.

Edited by Happy Face

I have always been optimistic and its showing now that is just a so much better way of life :icon_lol:

Soo fuckin happy man.

What was your previous username mate?

Love the way 2 results that exceeded what anyone could have hoped for means anyone being realistic about those games now needs to recalibrate their expectations.

Think I'll keep my feet on the ground and really enjoy these results rather than expect these performances and be crestfallen when we pull a Wolves/Blackpool/Stoke/Wigan etc.

The way I'm looking at it is that we lost to Everton and Arsenal, but beat Stoke and Blackpool. The overall feeling is that we're doing very well, and we should be delighted.

However, until we're mathematically safe I'm not going to make the same mistake I did two season ago.

Only 23 points away from safety. :icon_lol:

17 by Saturday night :lol:B) These could be the best days of our liiiiiiives...... :gay::):good::)

Might just be me but atmosphere in the air around the city is tremendous after we've won, you can just taste it, every fucka happy feeling the love, can even feel it on this message board :(

I've actually started liking football again. Obviously the winning helps but I actually have some heroes in the B&W shirts now and the willing to win due to the team spirit is magnificent.

Said from the start that if you get in their faces Arsenal can't handle it. Hence why they always do shit against the physical teams that aren't scared of them, Blackburn, Bolton, normally us etc.

Was it a deserved win? Completely missed it with football on the morning afternoon.

Soo fuckin happy man.

What was your previous username mate?

Don't answer that-it's a rape trap.

Said from the start that if you get in their faces Arsenal can't handle it. Hence why they always do shit against the physical teams that aren't scared of them, Blackburn, Bolton, normally us etc.

Was it a deserved win? Completely missed it with football on the morning afternoon.

Fully deserved because we played very well and defended/battled brilliantly whenever needed and took our chance when it came, to Wenger its not deserved because they had more chances and hit the bar twice, though he did say we played well and was more hinting they deserved a draw. But football's about taking the chance when it comes and we did!