To Do tomorrow

peasepud

Tomorrow at 9am you need to get off your arse and double the pitiful excuse of an offer you made Hughton.

Get him sat down at the table and make him sign it because if you dont someone else will in the not too distant future, every game that goes by his value increases.

A 5-1 against the scum and a win at the Emirates taking us into the top 4 should guarantee anyone a contract never mind the fact hes managed to hold a team together through all of the off field antics. Get him signed on the line and back him with some funds in January.

Maybe then I'll start to believe you've finally started to get a handle on this football lark.

Get him sat down at the table and make him sign it because if you dont someone else will in the not too distant future, every game that goes by his value increases.

That's where their plan has backfired. He'll be worth more now than he was three months ago.

Tomorrow at 9am you need to get off your arse and double the pitiful excuse of an offer you made Hughton.

A 5-1 against the scum and a win at the Emirates taking us into the top 4 should guarantee anyone a contract never mind the fact hes managed to hold a team together through all of the off field antics. Get him signed on the line and back him with some funds in January.

Maybe then I'll start to believe you've finally started to get a handle on this football lark.

Im torn with this. I love Hughton and think he should be given a few years to build on this great base. However isnt this what we always do, throw big money contracts at Roeders, allardyces and countless others only to end up sacking them and paying out millions in compensation.

I cant see any harm in letting things continue as is then all parties will be in a much clearer position come next year.

I really cant see Hughton going anywhere before then.

Its also worth pointing out that most on this board thought he would be sacked by Christmas, only a few months ago.

Cant really fault a bit of sense at NUFC for the moment.

Its opposite end of the scale though? The bloke should have had a new contract as soon as we got promoted. Nowt daft, just a reasonable one baring in mind what he has done.

Its opposite end of the scale though? The bloke should have had a new contract as soon as we got promoted. Nowt daft, just a reasonable one baring in mind what he has done.

But thats not what most were saying on here though.

"it was nolan and the other running the show"

"ofcourse we should have got promoted with that squad"

" its one thing getting promoted but competing with sir alex and arsene"?

etc etc

If thats what the fans are thinking its not strange to think that Ashley will want to see him do it in the prem first. Even in October Hughton was getting slated on here.

Lets not let the media whip us all up into a frenzy for no reason. Both parties seem happy to wait.

The Conversation will actually be:-

"OH Lord, 'tis your servant kneeling, Dereck - I bring good news! We have a clause in the Agreement that we can sell the miserable wretch Hughton for £ 1 million - Villa are interested"

Ashley is convinced that there is someone out there wanting to buy us- if we can get to a position where relegation is looking highly unlikely then he will cash in- giving a manager a new contract will detract from his sale price should a new buyer wish to appoint someone else.

Ashley is convinced that there is someone out there wanting to buy us- if we can get to a position where relegation is looking highly unlikely then he will cash in- giving a manager a new contract will detract from his sale price should a new buyer wish to appoint someone else.

lot of truth there - and Ashley will be leary of saddling himself with any sort of serious commitment

My big fear is that Redknapp is lined up to replace Capello in the England job.. If that's the case I'm bloody certain who Spurs will have their eye on and if his contract runs out, you can bet your bloody life they'll have him back at WHL in some capacity.

Contract has to be forthcoming, surely...

For all FMA's wrong doings.......

I actually think what he has and is doing right now is for the best interests for the club.

He has spent a very moderate amount on the playing squad but took the gamble that we would stay up without a massive outlay on new players and then come next season be in an ever strong position financially.....up until now its working.

RE CH's contract...again i think it makes sense going off our history of sacking managers and big pay offs too wait and see how he/us are fairing come the new year. I think its fair and reasonable.

That said.

Hughton is now starting to win over the vast majority of fans and they/we are actually starting to see him come into his own as a manager.

He has plodded on with integrity through all the shit. The shit which all other managers coudnt handle.

He has galvanised what looked like a rusty shit team into a force, a tight knit group and is getting the best out of players we havnt previously seen. I.e Shola and Barton.

He has handled Carroll well and aided his progression.

He's led us to 5th in the league, best away record in the league, massive away wins and the monumental mullering of the mackems.

So yes....he deserves the contract...

Personally i think the contract will be sealed in January, when they said it would be.

Finally we have some stability, some gradual progression and most importantly some very solid foundations to build upon.

Happy days.

there are very few clubs were you can use the words "manager" and "integrity" in the same sentence without falling apart laughing

I am very pleased that CH looks like emulating SBR in

If the contracts not signed very, very shortly then he'll be linked with the next Premiership management post that becomes available.

Each time that happens he'll have a stronger bargaining position and will only turn so many down.

Im torn with this. I love Hughton and think he should be given a few years to build on this great base. However isnt this what we always do, throw big money contracts at Roeders, allardyces and countless others only to end up sacking them and paying out millions in compensation.

I cant see any harm in letting things continue as is then all parties will be in a much clearer position come next year.

I really cant see Hughton going anywhere before then.

Its also worth pointing out that most on this board thought he would be sacked by Christmas, only a few months ago.

Cant really fault a bit of sense at NUFC for the moment.

Roeder on a big money contract? Fuck off man, that's why Freddy appointed him as he was cheap.

My big fear is that Redknapp is lined up to replace Capello in the England job.. If that's the case I'm bloody certain who Spurs will have their eye on and if his contract runs out, you can bet your bloody life they'll have him back at WHL in some capacity.

Contract has to be forthcoming, surely...

Hadn't even thought of this. I had thought Championship clubs and the likes of Wigan would be wanting to poach him off us, but of course he has that Spurs connection. Need to get this contract sorted immediately.

The club should increase his wage on his current contract as a sign of good faith and as a thankyou for the fantastic job that he has done thus far. When the contract is nearer completion the club will be in a better position to renegotiate and Hughton will be more likely to sign. Even with a big increase in his current contract he'd still be amongst the lowest paid managers in the league.

Hughton's rumoured 250k/year is under 5k a week, which is probably less than Best and Perch are on. That's absolutely ridiculous. Granted Best and Perch are overpaid, but Hughton is vastly underpaid.

The likes of Harry Redknapp would be getting more than 12 times what Hughton is, and Redknapp has the advantage of an 'ambitious'* board that really backs him in the transfer market.

* - That's for you Leazes

If fat Mike is so worried it's not so hard to draw up a contract with a few performance related clauses and set amounts for payouts if required.

As has been said before he's a gambler, he'll gamble on someone wanting to buy us, so he'll keep everything running on a minimum.

He'll gamble on team spirit and the hope they will unearth more Tiote's than Best's or Perch's.

He has steadied the ship, halted the slide in a difficult situation, as Keegan did in his original stint.

Hughton should walk if Ashley throws anything like the conditions [amounting to a straightjacket-like effect on any chance of progression] to what Mallinger & Forbes first offered Keegan - back when KK 'unofficially quit' the first time.

Edited by Year Zero