Newcastle United 1-2 Blackburn Rovers

Guest WDP

Blackburn could go down as it goes.

Could we be that lucky? (*)

* - feel bad towards Billy for saying that as he's a good lad...

For some reason we're not flavour of the month with their supporters, probably because we've taken over their town for over 20 years when we've played there, and our perceived Billy Big Bollocks self esteem. Taking Shearer off them must've hurt a bit like, but the only reason I want them to go down is Allardyce, it would be glorious, then the next season seeing him have to take a job somewhere like Doncaster when Inter don't come calling. Wet dream time that.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason we're not flavour of the month with their supporters, probably because we've taken over their town for over 20 years when we've played there, and our perceived Billy Big Bollocks self esteem. Taking Shearer off them must've hurt a bit like, but the only reason I want them to go down is Allardyce, it would be glorious, then the next season seeing him have to take a job somewhere like Doncaster when Inter don't come calling. Wet dream time that.

Funny but most Rovers fans I've spoken at Ewood over the years have been no bother and I got the feeling they didn't really mind us. Then again, when they're surrounded by drunken Geordies on an away day bender, they're not going to be too disparaging to us, are they? :suicide:

Funny but most Rovers fans I've spoken at Ewood over the years have been no bother and I got the feeling they didn't really mind us. Then again, when they're surrounded by drunken Geordies on an away day bender, they're not going to be too disparaging to us, are they? :suicide:

Billy will gauge their fans feelings towards us better than we can, but I've always had that impression they're not keen. When you go to Blackburn and I've been about 10 times since 91, it's like going back in time about 100 years, it's lovely in a way. I'm not just on about the fernhurst, the town centre, everything, just the way of the people, it's history right in front of your eyes.

It has to be said, our record at home to these and our next opponents, Fulham is fucking awful. I put this down to the same effect where Boro seem to constantly get decent results against Man U but we don't. Players and fans mentally switch off and don't take them seriously, next thing you know, you're playing shit, one down and chasing the game. When Man U play us, even if we have a shit team, they'll walk out at SJP, feel the atmosphere, look at the surroundings and take it very seriously with Fergie drumming this to them, they won't do this at the Riverside though. We need to be completely aware that we're in for a game on wednesday and saturday as anything less than total commitment will see us with 0-1 points out the pair of these games. We can't afford a 'its only Blackburn/Fulham' attitude.

I know it sounds churlish after the last three results we've had in the league, but I'll be gutted and very disappointed with 'this group of players' if we let it slip in the next two home games through a blase attitude.

I'd shy away from Carroll personally, and fights are not my thing. Love that NNile Ranger picture :suicide:.

And as for fans' perceptions, I had a great time in 1995 when I went to the match at Ewood Park when I was 14, but a lot of Rovers fans have believed in the 'deluded Geordie' stereotype, and did laugh when you went down the way you did. Whilst that has probably faded, it probably has not gone completely.

As for us going down, it is indeed a possibility, and I understand why you'd love it. Sam is not the easiest man to like, and there are a section of Rovers fans that wish there was a better manager to replace him with. Most are thankful that he rescued us from the Ince reign of terror, but are not a fan of his football or his personality. I think we all really wanted Hughes to stay on, and not go when he did.

Edited by Billy Castell

I'd shy away from Carroll personally, and fights are not my thing. Love that NNile Ranger picture :D.

And as for fans' perceptions, I had a great time in 1995 when I went to the match at Ewood Park when I was 14, but a lot of Rovers fans have believed in the 'deluded Geordie' stereotype, and did laugh when you went down the way you did. Whilst that has probably faded, it probably has not gone completely.

As for us going down, it is indeed a possibility, and I understand why you'd love it. Sam is not the easiest man to like, and there are a section of Rovers fans that wish there was a better manager to replace him with. Most are thankful that he rescued us from the Ince reign of terror, but are not a fan of his football or his personality. I think we all really wanted Hughes to stay on, and not go when he did.

Tell you what mate, I'll settled for you lot staying up and him getting the sack :suicide:

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Stoke v Birmingham, 19:45 (1)

Tottenham v Sunderland, 20:00 (1)

Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Aston Villa v Blackpool, 19:45 (1)

Chelsea v Fulham, 19:45 (1)

Newcastle v Blackburn, 19:45 (1)

West Ham v West Brom, 19:45 (2)

Wigan v Liverpool, 19:45 (x)

Wolverhampton v Arsenal, 19:45 (x)

Everton v Bolton, 20:00 (x)

Man City v Man Utd, 20:00 (x)

Saturday, 13 November 2010

Aston Villa v Man Utd, 12:45 (x)

Man City v Birmingham, 15:00 (x)

Newcastle v Fulham, 15:00 (1)

Tottenham v Blackburn, 15:00 (1)

West Ham v Blackpool, 15:00 (x)

Wigan v West Brom, 15:00 (2)

Wolverhampton v Bolton, 15:00 (x)

Stoke v Liverpool, 17:30 (x)

Sunday, 14 November 2010

Everton v Arsenal, 14:00 (x)

Chelsea v Sunderland, 16:10 (1)

All realistic would mean on Sunday night:

Chelsea 31

Man Utd 25

Newcastle 23

Arsenal 22

Man City 22

:suicide:

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Stoke v Birmingham, 19:45 (1)

Tottenham v Sunderland, 20:00 (1)

Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Aston Villa v Blackpool, 19:45 (1)

Chelsea v Fulham, 19:45 (1)

Newcastle v Blackburn, 19:45 (1)

West Ham v West Brom, 19:45 (2)

Wigan v Liverpool, 19:45 (x)

Wolverhampton v Arsenal, 19:45 (x)

Everton v Bolton, 20:00 (x)

Man City v Man Utd, 20:00 (x)

Saturday, 13 November 2010

Aston Villa v Man Utd, 12:45 (x)

Man City v Birmingham, 15:00 (x)

Newcastle v Fulham, 15:00 (1)

Tottenham v Blackburn, 15:00 (1)

West Ham v Blackpool, 15:00 (x)

Wigan v West Brom, 15:00 (2)

Wolverhampton v Bolton, 15:00 (x)

Stoke v Liverpool, 17:30 (x)

Sunday, 14 November 2010

Everton v Arsenal, 14:00 (x)

Chelsea v Sunderland, 16:10 (1)

All realistic would mean on Sunday night:

Chelsea 31

Man Utd 25

Newcastle 23

Arsenal 22

Man City 22

two very winnable games. i'm finding it hard not to get carried away at the moment.

we're back!

Blackpool and Stoke were very winnable games, don't get too carried away yet!

Anyway, anyone buying one of these...

From NUFC.com

For the game against Blackburn on Wednesday there will be three versions of the match programme on sale - all with identical content, but three different covers, each depicting one of Kevin Nolan's hat trick goals against the mackems. If you want to guarantee a set, The Back Page are taking orders now, priced @ £11 for all three, including UK postage. Ring and reserve on 0191 261 5005.

Mike Ashley doesn't half know how to scrape as much money out of the fans as possible. :suicide:

Takibng into consideration all the voodoo, there is no getting away from the fact that we are playing like gods atm. CH will expect 6pts from the next two, the form we are in - anything else is unnaceptable. :suicide:

Christ there are some people with long grudges on there "Yes I do believe the rivalry between our clubs stems from the 697-98 season when Ethelred the Ever-ready was poached by Newcastle for an offer of 2 groats a week".

And apparently Allardyce was 'treated badly by the club'. His bank account would disagree.

Edited by Matt

A lot of them seem very bitter in regards to Newcastle and their views seem to be very out of date.

I don't mind Blackburn and would like to go to the away match their at some point - despite what I've been told - but Allardyce is an arsehole.

Carroll vs Samba will be very interesting. I'm sure they will have a lot of focus on picking up Carroll on set pieces and the like, so we need our secret weapon to be firing in this one. You know, the secret weapon who's been on our books for 15 years, has played almost 300 games and has scored almost 70 goals. Not going to say his name because I know FSA and his Blackburn cronies are closely monitoring this thread.

For brevity sake the secret weapon will henceforth be referred to by his code name - Super Header of Lobbed Attacks, or SHOLA for short.

Andy, SHOLA, Williamson and Colo running their plays with the well weighted corners and free-kicks from Joey Barton, yes please!