How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

:lol: I had a pie. And have just done a 10k stomp around the mean streets of Gosforth in lycra-clad glory. Clearly the salad approach is the mistake here. Fuel those calves! :boogie:

6ft1 and 68kgs :lol:

Doesnt really matter than I eat more than most my friends who've got 10-20 kgs on me. Looking to cross 70 and then push for 75kg, although at the rate I put on weight its not going to be easy B)

:lol: I had a pie. And have just done a 10k stomp around the mean streets of Gosforth in lycra-clad glory. Clearly the salad approach is the mistake here. Fuel those calves! :boogie:

A pie and a chocolate croissant IN THE SAME DAY?!

You go girl :D

Went for a run on Tuesday, having cycled pretty much exclusively for a while now. Got up this morning and my legs were fucked so thought I'd go for another run to see if it loosened them up. Well it didn't. I look like a calf trying to get downstairs, and every time I get up from my desk at work, the first 100 yards is like Kevin Spacey at the end of Usual Suspects (spoiler alert). If this is worse again tomorrow, I may need to call in paralysed.

Sounds like me after my first spinning class. I had to walk downstairs sideways for close to a week.

I think that run yesterday might actually have helped things along today. Still sore but way better, and I think better than it would normally be on the second day after. Potentially going again in the morning!

I find the hardest thing is getting out of bed the day after an intense workout. Feel like an old man some mornings, hobbling to the shower, making involuntary grunts and moans as muscles seize up

I find the hardest thing is getting out of bed the day after an intense workout. Feel like an old man some mornings, hobbling to the shower, making involuntary grunts and moans as muscles seize up

I feel like that every morning :(

I tried running home from work the other day (city centre to Killingworth). I've walked it loads, but can never be bothered with the logistics of running (like leaving my stuff at work overnight because it was a spur of the moment decision). It wasn't bad actually, other than being uphill pretty much all the way and having to stop after about 5 miles due to a slight foot injury from a few days before. Sense kicked in rather than my gut instinct which was to continue and make it worse. Jumped on the bus for the last mile instead. :lol:

Today was the first in a long line of birthday/holiday related events over the coming weeks so I'm resigned to a few pounds gain before the end of the month. So naturally I've signed up for a 10K the first weekend in July and have done basically no actual running other than aforementioned attempt.

Inclines are an absolute sod, I know my regular Parkrun is at Hilly Fields (the clue's in the name) but it's different when it's a longer run. Being a proper genius I managed to plan my run yesterday so badly that 6k to 9.5k was basically a steady draining uphill slog, after the first 3k was mostly downhill. Didn't realise when I was mapping it, only when I was in the middle of it. I thought the first part was suspiciously easy. :glare:

I run round a park with amongst other things, a lake, a roman colonnade, a pyramid, a statue of Chopin and ridiculous amounts of fanny draped all over the grass. Same pollution levels as Beijing so you win some, you lose some.

Parc Monceau, smaller but exactly 1km around which is handy and popular with posh fanny.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parc_Monceau

You need to amend the "Features" section.

If I may be so bold as to suggest.....

Today, the park has play areas for children and remains very popular with local residents and is heaving with quality minge. The site is an active free Wi-Fi area, for computer users looking for Internet access.

• 1 month later...

I'm apparently doing as well as possible on the years worth of chemo, most people lose lots of weight, lose their appetite and strength, because it's such a difficult thing doing chemotherapy. It's nee picnic, but I've just got 3 months left. However they always insist I don't train. I don't train because I do as I'm told, I'm hungry all the time, far more than normal and they're fucking buzzing about it. Well I'm not, I got my weight done today and I'm BY FAR the heaviest I've ever been. I'm quite upset about it to be honest. All the people I've referred to as fat cunts throughout my life and the scales in the market told me I'm 17st5lbs. With me being 6ft2 and broad I can carry weight, but I've crossed the line now. The women in my life are still "Oh he carries it well though doesn't he?". It's doing my nut in. I'm going to have to start calorie counting like a woman and limiting my beer consumption too, then live in the gym from the end of November. I know I'll get rid of it, but its nee fun running down the street like Pamela Anderson in the opening credits of Baywatch.