Andy Carroll - Will he stay or will he go?

loonyTOON

Andy Carroll - Will he stay or go?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think he’ll go because:

1. someone like ManUre will offer Carroll £100k plus a week wages, he and his is agent will quite rightly want the rewards for his achievements.

2. Ashley won’t even try to match it and will play hardball for as long as he can — pissing off Carroll.

3. Ashley will take the £15 to £20m as he doesn’t have the balls/knowledge of how to progress the club.

4. Carroll will be made to look the greedy twat by the idiotic lying twats running the club.

it appears to be the ethos of our club.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. someone like ManUre will offer Carroll £100k plus a week wages, he and his is agent will quite rightly want the rewards for his achievements.

2. Ashley won’t even try to match it and will play hardball for as long as he can — pissing off Carroll.

3. Ashley will take the £15 to £20m as he doesn’t have the balls/knowledge of how to progress the club.

4. Carroll will be made to look the greedy twat by the idiotic lying twats running the club.

Based on what?

Based on what?

e.g. Milner/Saylor/Hughton contracts.

It’s common knowledge they’re trying to run the club in an unorthodox financial method.

Based on what?

e.g. Milner/Saylor/Hughton contracts.

It’s common knowledge they’re trying to run the club in an unorthodox financial method.

not to skidmarks it isn't :dunno:

Biggest worry for me at present is - what if he gets injured? Can't see him going in January although the summer is different matter.

Indeed, not only is he doing his job of target man and beating everyone in the air, but he's also banging in his share of goals as well. And when you add in his Shearer-like defending in our own area which will save goals he has become invaluable. I mean one of his clearing headers last night was so powerful it set Ranger on a break we could have scored from!

The worry is that if he gets injured, Hughton like every manager before him will think because Shola is big he can play like Carroll. But he has never been able to, he can't play as a target man, he plays best with Carroll and would be lost having to do that job and his goal scoring would suffer.

Without proper investment [final 1/3 options] we're in danger of becoming a throwback to the SuperMac Era, pretty one-dimensional thanks to one player offering such a dominating presence as a target-man. Even with Ben Arfa in the line-up [either playing in the hole, off Carroll's shoulder, or out on the left] we still lack true left-to-right attacking balance in the final 1/3.

15 million [bare minimum] would slice into Ashley's grand debt reduction plan, to have us achieving an operating profit status.

Ashley's balance sheets rule at the roost at the end of the day, and for Carroll to stay there has to be a major u-turn in the current ownership's policy re: cashing in our chips, when our most saleable assets [best players] respective values peak.

this.

My apprehension [where Carroll is concerned, and nullifies OzToon's hopefull view that Ashley wouldn't do something so ignorantly stupid/to rile up the supporters] is that from a numbers point of view he represents best possible value when talking re-sale value. A product of the Academy, Carroll's potential profit margin is too great for an opportunist like Ashley to ignore.

Once again it's a testament to the man's character but Ashley's level of contempt shown for the supporter base, let alone the shareholders of his own company, hammers a sizeable dent in that hope. If anything the bloke is more prone to acts that inflame, as opposed to placating.

Edited by Year Zero

Can't see anyone coming in for him with £10m+. Not yet anyway, if he keeps scoring goals until the end of the season, he'll be gone in the summer.

If he keeps scoring until the end of the season I can see figures above 15 million for him if not more. (English player tax accounted for).

If we stay up and do well I would like to hope he will stay though.

Stay imo. Unless the carrot being dangled was obscene. Hang on, we're on about Mike accepting a bid?

Can I change my vote?

I think Mike would sell him but he would want to stay.

i can't see him moving. although i didn't think rooney would leave his home town club at such a young age so you never know. would one of the big 3 clubs come in for him though? i can't see him going to a spurs or a liverpool.

We've been in similar positions, i.e. also rans, and lost local talent in the past so I don't see why he should hang around if he gets a better offer.

We've been in similar positions, i.e. also rans, and lost local talent in the past so I don't see why he should hang around if he gets a better offer.

well if it was one of the top clubs like man u or chelsea, or if man city came in offering him silly money you'd have to say fair play to him if ashley was happy to sell up, though it would be a blow given he's so young and a local lad. you'd think he'd give us a few years before buggering off to a club with more ambition and cash,

i'd be disappointed if we went to one of the rest. for all ashley's efforts (or lack of), we're in about as good a position as the bulk of sides in the premier league. there's not much between the bottom 13 or 14 clubs really.

well if it was one of the top clubs like man u or chelsea, or if man city came in offering him silly money you'd have to say fair play to him if ashley was happy to sell up, though it would be a blow given he's so young and a local lad. you'd think he'd give us a few years before buggering off to a club with more ambition and cash,

i'd be disappointed if we went to one of the rest. for all ashley's efforts (or lack of), we're in about as good a position as the bulk of sides in the premier league. there's not much between the bottom 13 or 14 clubs really.

I'd be disappointed too obviously. I'm not saying he's going to go to another also ran though. I mean a team knocking about the CL / looking to break into that group. Spurs, Liverpool, Villa etc. are better equipped than us to make that step up. In fact Spurs are already there and even if they don't make it next year they're still going to be a top 6 club. That's assuming one of the 3 you mention don't take a chance on him. I could see Man City signing him as it happens.

Edited by alex

i'd be gutted if we went to spurs or villa.

yeah, i think man city might be the most likely too. it would be hard t turn down 200k a week or whatever silly money they're offering these days.

Its a non-discussion at the moment. The bigger clubs will look abroad as per usual for cheaper, and better, options. Carroll finishes the season well with a good few goals to boot his price tag will go up.

Man City are the only big 5 club I can think of that have bought big english talent for big money recently the rest all go abroad for cheaper alternatives.