Taylor new deal.

Park Life

everyone knows how much Ashley hates Freddy Shepherd, with Taylor having Kenny Shepherd as his agent it puts him in a dangerous situation — it could backfire on Taylor in the crossfire.

His agent is Paul Stretford.

Doesn't Shepherd work for Stretford?

Partners

THE Triple S football agency who represent Wayne Rooney have appointed Terry McDermott's son Neale as their player recruitment manager with the brief of adding to a stable that includes Thomas Sorensen, Steven Taylor, Jussi Jaaskelainen and Huddersfield manager Lee Clark, who has McDermott snr as his assistant.

Triple S are run by Freddie and Kenneth Shepherd and Paul Stretford, whose severe rebukes from Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson haven't affected Rooney's long-term loyalty to him.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think generally we have looked most solid when collocini and williamson have been at the back. the poor recent run of results coincided with campbell and taylor at the back - coincidence?

Also coincided with Tiote and Barton being out....I think either pairing looks a lot more comfortable with those 2 in front of them.

everyone knows how much Ashley hates Freddy Shepherd, with Taylor having Kenny Shepherd as his agent it puts him in a dangerous situation — it could backfire on Taylor in the crossfire.

His agent is Paul Stretford.

Doesn't Shepherd work for Stretford?

Partners

THE Triple S football agency who represent Wayne Rooney have appointed Terry McDermott's son Neale as their player recruitment manager with the brief of adding to a stable that includes Thomas Sorensen, Steven Taylor, Jussi Jaaskelainen and Huddersfield manager Lee Clark, who has McDermott snr as his assistant.

Triple S are run by Freddie and Kenneth Shepherd and Paul Stretford, whose severe rebukes from Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson haven't affected Rooney's long-term loyalty to him.

exactly, cant see Ashley being enamored by those three negotiating with him!

Premature to say Sol is finished IMO.

he's looked good at times(Chelsea in the Cup) he hasn't played in months. Needs a few games under his belt alongside a player who also isn't coming back from injury. Krul doesn't inspire confidence in his central defenders either.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport..._medium=twitter

STEVEN TAYLOR hopes Alan Pardew's arrival will help sort out his Newcastle future.

Toon defender Taylor, 24, is out of contract at the end of the season and is yet to agree a new deal.

He stunned St James' Park chiefs at the start of the season when he demanded £40,000 a week PLUS add-ons.

He was transfer-listed but now Pards is in charge, Taylor is hopeful a new contract can be sorted.

A Toon source said: "Steven wants to stay at the club and thinks now Alan is here it is a fresh slate for everyone

Arsenal haven't come knocking then

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport..._medium=twitter

STEVEN TAYLOR hopes Alan Pardew's arrival will help sort out his Newcastle future.

Toon defender Taylor, 24, is out of contract at the end of the season and is yet to agree a new deal.

He stunned St James' Park chiefs at the start of the season when he demanded £40,000 a week PLUS add-ons.

He was transfer-listed but now Pards is in charge, Taylor is hopeful a new contract can be sorted.

A Toon source said: "Steven wants to stay at the club and thinks now Alan is here it is a fresh slate for everyone

Arsenal haven't come knocking then

What a shit article. What has Pardews "slate" got anything to do with him wanting more money than the club are willing to sanction.

Even if it wasn't a fresh slate with this manager....it would be with the next one before his contract's up :lol:

yea best thing to do is see how taylor does this season you are meaning steven taylor not ryan heh theres to many taylors confusing lol

You know he's out of contract in the summer, aye?

Would rather he sign a new contract and keep him than sell him. Reckon he's better than Williamson, worth the money, and definately better than Jose Fonte who is touted for a move from league one to us. :-S worrying. sell taylor for 5 and buy Fonte for 1.5

Would rather he sign a new contract and keep him than sell him. Reckon he's better than Williamson, worth the money, and definately better than Jose Fonte who is touted for a move from league one to us. :-S worrying. sell taylor for 5 and buy Fonte for 1.5

No chance mate.

"Since he came in, he has been absolutely spot-on. Within a day or two of him coming in, he sat me down in his office and made it clear he wants me to be here.

"It was music to my ears when he told me he wanted to stay. That's the best possible thing that could have happened to me, for a new manager to come in and tell me how much he wants me to stay.

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I don't want to be unwanted. For him to say he wanted me here and will do everything he can for me was brilliant. Everyone knows how much I want to stay here.

"He just wants to get the ball rolling. For me, he has been first class. It was just what I needed.

"After everything that has gone on this year, it looks like 2010 could end on a happy note. I just want to be playing football for Newcastle."

Message received Steven.

"Since he came in, he has been absolutely spot-on. Within a day or two of him coming in, he sat me down in his office and made it clear he wants me to be here.

"It was music to my ears when he told me he wanted to stay. That's the best possible thing that could have happened to me, for a new manager to come in and tell me how much he wants me to stay.

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I don't want to be unwanted. For him to say he wanted me here and will do everything he can for me was brilliant. Everyone knows how much I want to stay here.

"He just wants to get the ball rolling. For me, he has been first class. It was just what I needed.

"After everything that has gone on this year, it looks like 2010 could end on a happy note. I just want to be playing football for Newcastle."

Message received Steven.

I may be wrong, but didn't Hughton tell him he was wanted?

Message received Steven.

Want, want, want that lad.

Message received Steven.

Want, want, want that lad.

Maslows Hierarchy of needs, tbf. :nah:

NEWCASTLE UNITED have been handed an early Christmas present with the news that Steven Taylor is on the verge of signing a new five-year contract at St James’ Park.

And the Magpies could receive a further boost as the Chronicle understands Alan Pardew is close to making his first signing as Toon boss – believed to be a permanent deal for on-loan French star Hatem Ben Arfa.

Taylor’s current contract runs out at the end of the season, meaning he would have been able to talk to prospective new clubs from January 1 and free to leave United for nothing in the summer.

Protracted negotiations between player and club have been ongoing for some time, with Taylor’s agent Paul Stretford understood to have rejected an improved second offer earlier this month after the first went unsigned in August, when Taylor was placed on the transfer list.

However, Pardew’s arrival at St James’ and his eagerness to adopt a hands-on role in contract talks appears to have borne fruit – with the 24-year-old expected to sign a new deal in the next 24 hours following further talks.

Speaking yesterday, the United manager said: “I want to secure Steven because he’s a young centre-half, a local lad and he’s done great for the club. You don’t want to lose that.

“ He has still got a lot of learning to do – he is only a very, very young centre-half. I think I can help him in that.”

In further good news for United fans ahead of Boxing Day’s Premier League home clash with Manchester City, the club appear to be closing in on a permanent signing, with sources in France suggesting a deal for Ben Arfa is in the offing.

The 23-year-old joined Newcastle on a season-long loan from Marseille, with an agreement between the two clubs that the move would become permanent – for a fee of £5m – once the midfielder had made 25 appearances.

In October, Ben Arfa suffered a double leg break during his fourth game for United – against Sunday’s opponents City – but his rehab has gone well and United could be ready to jump the gun on their original agreement with Marseille.

Meanwhile, Joey Barton has denied speculation he could be set to leave United.

“I have been on record as saying I want to stay here for the rest of my career,” he said. “Nothing has happened and no-one has told me otherwise, and, as far as I’m concerned, that’s what’s going to happen.”