Man Utd's Anderson a Toon target

loonyTOON

Chances of this happening fairly close to zero

They're probably sub-zero. He looks and feels a bit like a Spurs player.

yeah but how many midfielders do they need? maybe we can have some of their rejects

There's no chance of Anderson coming here and I'm the most optimistic deluded toon fan you'll meet. Krancjar on the other hand could be a real possibility, I'd be delighted too.

Good call, however im not certain we could afford him wages wise. as for anderson, im not his greatest fan but hes better than what we have.

I just don't really know what Anderson is. I mean, I wouldn't say he's much of an attacking threat, nor is he the defensive bastion, I don't think he's creative or destructive... just a decent footballer.

A bit like Guthrie to be honest. And at least Guthrie is already here, not on a great wage. I know Anderson is better than Danny, but is it worth it? I don't think so.

Panathinaikos are aflush with Champions League revenue, so they're likely to meet any 10m [or thereabouts] valuation.

In our case [in acquiring talent/prospects, from the top-end of the talent pool] there's a constant theme of Ashley/Llambiarse's valuation being wide of the mark to that of any potential seller.

Ashley & Llambarse are more efficient at signing 1-2m signings under the radar with a scattershot-like aim from the lower leagues, or from competitions [like Holland] which have lost much of their lustre as a talent breeding grounds.

If they piss-fart around with this, they'll promptly be told to fuck-off.

Edited by Year Zero

I just don't really know what Anderson is. I mean, I wouldn't say he's much of an attacking threat, nor is he the defensive bastion, I don't think he's creative or destructive... just a decent footballer.

A bit like Guthrie to be honest. And at least Guthrie is already here, not on a great wage. I know Anderson is better than Danny, but is it worth it? I don't think so.

he's a million miles ahead of guthrie, hence why he's with man u and why guthrie is with us.

to answer you question, i'd say he's a modern midfielder. he's skillful, pacey, a good passer and combative too. the only criticism is maybe he doesn't score enough goals but he's still young

Oh dear Dave. One a young 8 times capped Brazilian international the other a one paced Championship level schemer. That's like saying Jack Wilshere is probably better than Fumaca.

He's a predator type midfielder - lot of huff and puff and snarling and energy. Good first touch. pace but often lacking in vision which eliminates him from the absolute top tier. If Nolan is a bus than Anderson is a Range Rover.

Anderson is in the plans for man utd, we'll not see him here

Fuckin hell you're a cheery soul. Your first two posts ever saying we won't sign two players. You're probably right like, but someone will get Johnson because he won't stay on the bench there, why should he's an international?

Him and Bebe looked like they should have been playing for Blyth last night!

Wasn't he selling the POortuguese Big Issue 4 or 5 years ago or something? He played like a tramp last night like, but aye apparently he's a street boy.