Hughton Sacked

Holden McGroin

Chirs Hughton   

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Contrary Twat tbh.

Typical shit reply tbh

At least you admit it.

Alex and CT is one of the great rivalries of this board :D I haven't got one now since I signed peace accords with J69, Fish, Sima and Renton.

:D

What you need is a second user name to launch attacks, Guerilla style. :icon_lol:

Especially on Renthan the fuck. :D:ithankyou:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For example, if Jol gets appointed this week and is given a decent budget for January then I and probably most Newcastle fans will look back on yesterday as a good decision.

Oh yeah of course, but will it have been luck rather than judgement? ie was Jol actually lined up or is this just a lucky coincidence?

Yep what a coincidence that would be that Jol chucks his job the same day we sack our manager. Maybe he just bumped into Ashley in Asda and they got chatting in the frozen food isle (assuming we get Jol)

If we do get Jol and he does get a pay day and we do go on from their and survive relegation and start a foundation, I will not be happy in the way they have treated Hughton. Yes, ill be happy we have survived and we have a foundation etc, but we will always be looking over our shoulders for Far Mike to sack XYZ.

Incidentally CT, which managers have been allowed to spend big before being sacked by the current regime?

:D Dear me, nobody mentioned by the current regime.

I know that, but I did. Therefore it highlights the fact that the current owner has now had 3 managers (plus various caretakers) and not one of them has been backed financially. In the case of Keegan this was the owner reneging on the promise made when he was given the job. If you can't see the relevance of that to how things will play out with any future boss then I'm wasting my time here.

Arguably only one of them was ever going to be backed financially.

I dont think you can completely rule out e.g. him bringing in Jol and signing Keane from Spurs, he brought in 4 decent players over the summer and handed out improved contracts to the performing players. None of which was predicted.

It'll be Pardew now i've said that.

Who comes in will be the ans. Wether it really is that Mash wants to go to the next level or it's just his ego again.

For example, if Jol gets appointed this week and is given a decent budget for January then I and probably most Newcastle fans will look back on yesterday as a good decision.

Oh yeah of course, but will it have been luck rather than judgement? ie was Jol actually lined up or is this just a lucky coincidence?

If it is indeed Jol he would have been sounded out through Kelmsley or some other Spud wheeler dealer.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is hoping to appoint a replacement for sacked manager Chris Hughton by the weekend.

The Magpies hierarchy are talking to potential candidates in the wake of Hughton's departure on Monday, and the names of Martin Jol, Alan Pardew and Alan Curbishley are firmly in the frame.

Tyneside legend and reserve team manager Peter Beardsley has been given temporary charge of team affairs ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with former club Liverpool.

However, Press Association Sport understands that he could do so with a new manager already in place if Ashley gets his way.

Hughton's departure on Monday afternoon sent the rumour mill into overdrive, but while some of wilder speculation was little short of fanciful - Joe Kinnear is not among those being considered - an unofficial shortlist quickly emerged.

Jol, who stepped down form his post at Ajax on Monday evening, swiftly replaced Pardew, sacked by Southampton in August, at the top of the betting.

Curbishley has now settled his acrimonious dispute with West Ham, the club he left in September 2008 in protest at boardroom interference.

But the man who eventually succeeds Hughton will have to persuade Ashley that he can work within a very definite framework.

The sportswear magnate has taken his own, highly individual approach to running the club he bought back in 2007 and it has been one which has more often sparked fury rather than praise.

A hugely successful businessman in his own right, he has attempted to introduce a greater degree of financial realism into an enterprise which, like many of its counterparts, has lived beyond its means for many years.

Relegation from the Premier League prompted swingeing budget cuts, and the club which emerged from the Championship at the first attempt this summer was a much leaner entity.

Hughton rebuilt for life in the top flight on a shoestring - he had no plans to invest in the team in January - and the man who replaces him should not expect to have cash thrown at him.

For that reason, former Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is an outsider, although a man whose talent, experience and availability mean he is a favourite with the supporters.

Ashley's blueprint was drawn up with the long-term in mind and predicated on the club's continued presence in the Premier League and the financial stability that would provide, and his doubts over Hughton's ability to deliver that this season, rightly or wrongly, were ultimately responsible for his demise.

In the meantime, Beardsley is getting down to work with the players, who were training at St James' Park, in preparation for Saturday evening's game and the task of attempting to improve upon a return of just two points from the past five league games.

Press Association

Incidentally CT, which managers have been allowed to spend big before being sacked by the current regime?

:D Dear me, nobody mentioned by the current regime.

I know that, but I did. Therefore it highlights the fact that the current owner has now had 3 managers (plus various caretakers) and not one of them has been backed financially. In the case of Keegan this was the owner reneging on the promise made when he was given the job. If you can't see the relevance of that to how things will play out with any future boss then I'm wasting my time here.

Arguably only one of them was ever going to be backed financially.

I dont think you can completely rule out e.g. him bringing in Jol and signing Keane from Spurs, he brought in 4 decent players over the summer and handed out improved contracts to the performing players. None of which was predicted.

It'll be Pardew now i've said that.

Who comes in will be the ans. Wether it really is that Mash wants to go to the next level or it's just his ego again.

That is my point, dont kick off too much until we know who it is and how much he gets to spend. Most people would be happy with Jol and say 15-20 mil now if that happens great. If its Pardew and a few quid then obviously not

If it is indeed Jol he would have been sounded out through Kelmsley or some other Spud wheeler dealer.

..and if I was Ajax I'd be doing us for tapping him up.

..and if I was Ajax I'd be doing us for tapping him up.

Think he left mutually so that will be fine.

Yeah cos they have a great relationship after sacking him

Yeah cos they have a great relationship after sacking him

I said that earlier in the (Jol) thread. :D Football is populated by many strained relationships, but like all business - contacts are contacts.

I have, in haste and fury yesterday afternoon, flushed my ST down the toilet. I've tried going trainspotting for it but no luck, am I basically fucked for getting a new'un?

Not sure if you're being serious but I'd expect a hefty 'administration fee'.

Seriously though CT. What evidence could you possibly cite that this is well planned? You were gutted Hughton went yesterday and were having a pop at Ashley and now you're putting forward the notion it may all be part of some master plan. And you wonder why you have about as much credibilty and Kevin and Attain.

Didnt say I had evidence or that it was the case, just throwing out a different and probably most likely reason for Yesterdays events.

There has been a lot of talk of too much player involvement, we know Ashley wanteg to change things back in October. There are already lots of whispers starting to come out. You have even said your grannys cousin is responsible for Tiote and Ben Arfa and not Hughton.

If they really didnt have any confidence in Chris because of what goes on behind the scenes, then they have to get rid and find someone they can get behind.

All that being the case, I would rather this action was done now, rather than after the Jan window has closed.

It may be easy for some to buy into the theory that this was done just because ashley wants to be a twat, but seems a bit far fetched to me.

What happens next will make or break this decision.

No one's really suggesting he did it just to be a twat. It's more people think Ashley is delusional if he thinks the club should be in a better league position with the squad we have.

As for the bit in bold. Graham Carr was my Grandma's cousin and he is chief scout at the club. He did identify both of those players as potential targets which the club then followed up. That's what scouts do.

But what if and its not really a big if....that its not for that reason and it is simply because he didnt think Hughton was good enough.

What if it was the players picking the team

What if there was no discipline behind the scenes

What if they see no great tactician

What if his team selection has virtually picked itself

And it sounds like he's had very little involvement in team selection

Take away alot of that and your left with a very good caretaker who was doing ok.

If Ashley sees or hears all this, has no faith in Hughton and wants to push on, prior to the jan window, then he's made the right decision.

If its pardew......

Why would the players, almost to a man, come out in support of him and play for him like they have, if that was the case? Makes no sense to me. We'll see how this plays out but I don't have a lot of faith in Ashley to get it right. Even if someone like Jol or O'Neill comes in (and I'd be very pleased under the circumstances) I suspect Ashley will fuck that up too.

With Paul Barron gone as well we really must be running low on coaching staff, I can't imagine any new manager coming in without needing a few more faces around the club to help run things - but I can't see Ashley forking out for that either. Knowing our luck we'll get someone like Darren Ferguson, an experienced manager, but only 'outside' the Prem, Ashley could go against his word... but who would believe that?

I have, in haste and fury yesterday afternoon, flushed my ST down the toilet. I've tried going trainspotting for it but no luck, am I basically fucked for getting a new'un?

:D:icon_lol::D :D :ithankyou::blush: I can hear the soft music "yaaaaaaas ya fuckin dancer" that is quality.

£60 they charge you mate.

Think there were signs that the players had started to lose their way. The silly bans - Collo, Barton etc...The lack of interest from Guti...By any standard there have been some poor performances of late and I sensed a lack of commitment from some of the players. Just saying like.

Not sure if you're being serious but I'd expect a hefty 'administration fee'.

Deadly, Alex. So now, not only am I an enraged with Ashley and Llambias, I'm now enraged with myself for being a tit. I'm sure the wife will be thrilled to find out about the admin fee leaving my account in the run up to christmas. Bag of Coal for the bairn this year. :D

Think there were signs that the players had started to lose their way. The silly bans - Collo, Barton etc...The lack of interest from Guti...By any standard there have been some poor performances of late and I sensed a lack of commitment from some of the players. Just saying like.

You're a good lad and all that Parky, but that's pish. The performance at Arsenal was one of the most committed I've seen off a toon team ever. That's only 3/4 weeks ago.

The two recent away defeats were down to a lack of squad depth rather than a lack of commitment imo. And we got a draw against Chelsea that we deserved. I know they're on a bad run but we had some of our most important players missing at the same time. I think it would be impossible for a squad / team with limited ability to maintain the level of performance and commitment we've shown in games like the Sunderland one in any case. That's not a reflection on the manager 'losing the dressing room' though, it's just inevitable because we're a lower mid-table side at best.

Anyway, essentially they gave Hughton a job on a pittance, he performed above expectations, they said he'd get a new contract and then they sacked him. Utter disgrace imo.