Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No bother.

Do you want me to PM it on here, or email it to you?

I'll PM you my e-mail address

Oops!

Forgot to mention the small matter of cost…

… I'm not a greedy man.

A nudey pic of your lass will do , A4, and laminated preferably.

:)

No bother.

Do you want me to PM it on here, or email it to you?

I'll PM you my e-mail address

Oops!

… I'm not a greedy man.

I've only got one of her doing lesbian things with her sister... I don't suppose that's any use is it?

Got a pic during the match vs. Blackburn this season on me twitpic site if you want it. I'll give you the link and you can take it off there.

Yes please, the more the merrier as might be able to use it in a future article if not this one :)

Oops!

… I'm not a greedy man.

I've only got one of her doing lesbian things with her sister... I don't suppose that's any use is it?

I suppose it'll have to do :huff:

(emailed you a few shots)

whys it need to be all copyright free?

If it's not copyright free I can't use it or might get in trouble... has to be done legit.

Go to a game and flash the camera yourself. You'll find it very hard to fin any good ones doing anything else.

As some of you may know I was asked to write about north east football for a local blog.

My first article about the Toon has just gone live, so please feel free to check it out and I welcome feedback and debate on the subject :)

http://thenortheasthub.com/blog/

The article is called "much a pardew about nothing"

I ask in advance that you forgive me for such a naff headline :razz:

mmm it comes across like you're not a toon fan to be honest. No one focuses on England here, and in my view if you can manager Newcastle you can definitely manage any team in the world such is the pressure and everything else that the mini country that Tyneside is can impose on you. It's basically saying Pards has done a canny job, but he's not experienced enough as a manager. Pardew has had 14 years in management, McClaren had 4, big difference, and McClaren never had a job like Newcastle with the expectancy, spotlight and everything that goes with it. I don't like Pardew as a bloke but I hope he stays anyway. I think as it's a NE blog your next piece should be completely about North East matters.

mmm it comes across like you're not a toon fan to be honest. No one focuses on England here, and in my view if you can manager Newcastle you can definitely manage any team in the world such is the pressure and everything else that the mini country that Tyneside is can impose on you. It's basically saying Pards has done a canny job, but he's not experienced enough as a manager. Pardew has had 14 years in management, McClaren had 4, big difference, and McClaren never had a job like Newcastle with the expectancy, spotlight and everything that goes with it. I don't like Pardew as a bloke but I hope he stays anyway. I think as it's a NE blog your next piece should be completely about North East matters.

Thanks for the feedback :)

You're right that i'm saying Pardew hasn't had the experience to be England manager - He's had a very patchy career as he did great at Reading, took over at West Ham and took them to the FA Cup Final, the next season though he took them on there worst run in 70 years and got sacked (west ham didn't recover from this start and were relegated)... he moved to Charlton and failed to prevent them being relegated (it would have been a big ask in all fairness), the next season they were expected to bounce straight back... they finished 11th, the next season he took them in to the bottom 3 and was sacked (they never recovered and got relegated)... he took over at Southampton and did a decent enough job but was again sacked.

So no he's not had the experience of success and consistency to be considered for the job IMO. The Toon was a job that on merit he didn't deserve, however he has done a great job... although he's not been in it long enough to have been judged a "success" yet, although he's very much on the right path. Should he continue to do well then in a few years I'd say it'd be fair for him to be considered for the England job, but a short spell in charge of the Toon isn't long enough to warrant consideration - especially when his record pre-toon is patchy at best.

I dont agree that just having managed the Toon prepares you for the England job, being a success over a prolongued period of time does, but just having managed them and done well for a short time certainly doesn't.

Keegan managed the Toon but clearly wasn't a good England manager... Bobby Robson albeit manager after his England days had earned the England managers job due to his experience of being successful at different clubs over a prolongued period of time... both things Pardew hasn't done.

I think I paid enough respect to Pardew and the job he's doing in the article, and also feel he should be given time to prove his worth at the Toon.

As always though that's just an opinion and I accept not everyone will agree and I appreciate your thoughts and offering some debate on the subject :)

You're right that i'm saying Pardew hasn't had the experience to be England manager - He's had a very patchy career as he did great at Reading, took over at West Ham and took them to the FA Cup Final, the next season though he took them on there worst run in 70 years and got sacked (west ham didn't recover from this start and were relegated)... he moved to Charlton and failed to prevent them being relegated (it would have been a big ask in all fairness), the next season they were expected to bounce straight back... they finished 11th, the next season he took them in to the bottom 3 and was sacked (they never recovered and got relegated)... he took over at Southampton and did a decent enough job but was again sacked.

So no he's not had the experience of success and consistency to be considered for the job IMO. The Toon was a job that on merit he didn't deserve, however he has done a great job... although he's not been in it long enough to have been judged a "success" yet, although he's very much on the right path. Should he continue to do well then in a few years I'd say it'd be fair for him to be considered for the England job, but a short spell in charge of the Toon isn't long enough to warrant consideration - especially when his record pre-toon is patchy at best.

I dont agree that just having managed the Toon prepares you for the England job, being a success over a prolongued period of time does, but just having managed them and done well for a short time certainly doesn't.

Keegan managed the Toon but clearly wasn't a good England manager... Bobby Robson albeit manager after his England days had earned the England managers job due to his experience of being successful at different clubs over a prolongued period of time... both things Pardew hasn't done.

I think I paid enough respect to Pardew and the job he's doing in the article, and also feel he should be given time to prove his worth at the Toon.

As always though that's just an opinion and I accept not everyone will agree and I appreciate your thoughts and offering some debate on the subject :)

Agreed, although SBR was only successful at Ipswich prior to getting the England job, albeit over a long period of time.

The best England manager of the last 40 years was SBR, what prolonged success did he have? A FA Cup and a UEFA Cup to show for 13 years in management, Venables and Hoddle were good and they had fuck all success really.

Ipswich were 2nd about 4 or 5 times too though, Stevie, iirc. Not bad going considering they were a provincial club with a small fan-base etc. The Uefa Cup was arguably the toughest competition in Europe back then too.

I agree with your overall point that he doesn't have the required experience for the England job.

From a writing perspective I can't offer much advice, my general feeling though was that your piece didn't offer me anything fresh. You have what I imagine to be the standard view on Pardew that most England fans will have and didn't add anything more interesting, such as lesser known Pardew anecdotes or facts. I'm sure someone else will offer something much more constructive that I can.

Ipswich were 2nd about 4 or 5 times too though, Stevie, iirc. Not bad going considering they were a provincial club with a small fan-base etc. The Uefa Cup was arguably the toughest competition in Europe back then too.

No one is saying he didn't do great things, but I'd hardly say it was prolonged success like a Wenger or a Paisley, similarly Venables, one FA Cup and a La Liga in 18 years. If Pardew gets us top 4 or 5 a few seasons running, in the context of things he's one of the most successful managers in the modern game with what he's had to work with, and the disparity in quality and financial backing of the opposition.

The best England manager of the last 40 years was SBR, what prolonged success did he have? A FA Cup and a UEFA Cup to show for 13 years in management, Venables and Hoddle were good and they had fuck all success really.

Ipswich finished lower than sixth place in the First Division only once, in the 1977–78 season. However, that season was a success with a 1–0 victory over Arsenal in the FA Cup Final.[51] His reign at Ipswich lasted 13 years, during which time the club twice finished as League runners-up, and made regular appearances in European competitions, capturing the UEFA Cup in 1981 with a 5–4 aggregate victory over Dutch side AZ 67 Alkmaar

Not a bad record for someone managing a club like Ipswich. Again it's about being successful over a prolongued period of time... you may argue that SBR's record isn't that amazing compared to someone like Alex Ferguson for example, but due to the club he was managing I'd argue that his record was pretty damn good! Obviously people at the FA agreed and SBR went on to show that he was indeed a great manager during the rest of his career.

Venables and Hoddle both did well - Gazza being about 2 inches longer would have resulted in us probably winning Euro 96 and Hoddle's reign may well have been different but for Beckham kicking out and his terrible beliefs about disability

No one is saying he didn't do great things, but I'd hardly say it was prolonged success like a Wenger or a Paisley, similarly Venables, one FA Cup and a La Liga in 18 years. If Pardew gets us top 4 or 5 a few seasons running, in the context of things he's one of the most successful managers in the modern game with what he's had to work with, and the disparity in quality and financial backing of the opposition.

Exactly the point I made re if in 4 years time...

Also said that due to his record since taking over the Toon he's a right to be judged as much of a success as Harry Redknapp.

I think it was prolonged success relative to what a club with their fanbase etc. could've expected but I take your point. Your point about Pardew backs up what Andy says to an extent though, i.e. Pardew isn't ready yet, he needs to do a bit more here first.

I agree with your overall point that he doesn't have the required experience for the England job.

From a writing perspective I can't offer much advice, my general feeling though was that your piece didn't offer me anything fresh. You have what I imagine to be the standard view on Pardew that most England fans will have and didn't add anything more interesting, such as lesser known Pardew anecdotes or facts. I'm sure someone else will offer something much more constructive that I can.

yeah fair do's... I'll try and come up with something fresher next time, but the aim is to give quite a general overall subject that is relevant to everyone in the NE to read, whilst fitting it all in to 500 or less words... not easy :)