Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pardew is doing a job reminiscent of Gordon Lee, making the very best of a poor set of cards and no backing from his boss. As there is no Supermac to sell, he'll be remembered in the right way when he eventually moves to a big club that will back him properly, like Lee did.

Pardew is doing a job reminiscent of Gordon Lee, making the very best of a poor set of cards and no backing from his boss. As there is no Supermac to sell, he'll be remembered in the right way when he eventually moves to a big club that will back him properly, like Lee did.

I think Santon, Abeid, Cabaye, Ba and Ben Arfa etc isn't bad backing for year 1.......especially when he joined with no illusions of what the job description was.

Smith, whose deal ends in the summer, said: "Whenever I've knocked on the boss' door to ask why I'm not playing he says 'I think you understand football enough to know why'.

:lol:

Funny what Smith says about leaving/going on loan. I expect it's because no-one wants the shit bastard.

• 2 weeks later...

I must stress I don't watch Soccer AM as a rule, was flicking through the channels and he's on there today caught the end of his interview.

He said when a player comes to sign for Newcastle they show them a a compiled video of the fans, of the North East along the lines of that scene along the Tyne in Goal! Good idea tbh.

He also said he thinks Steven Taylor is a mug and he's got no time for him when he's on telly.

We haven't looked solid defensively for a couple of months now, and Taylor has been the weaklink in that time.

At the moment though, I'm extremely worried about how clueless we seem to be going forward. There's no movement at all, and our main hope of a goal is to lump it long to Ba in the hope he creates something out of nothing. This tactic also means we're giving away possession far too cheaply.

don't agree with that at all. we had a blip for about a month but there were some tough fixtures around then. and even then, we never took a hiding off anyone. those embarrassing 5 and 6 nill drubbings where our defence caves in and we roll over seem a thing of the past.

all in all this season, our defence has been very solid. we've hardly leaked any goals. and players like ryan taylor - who in the past looked liked a liability - don't look out of place in the first team. taylor's positional awareness (his weak point in previous seasons) is massively improved. and for that i think credit has to go to the manager and the coaching staff.

so there

And I'd say at the time my point was correct.

We even started out that way on Sunday until Cabaye got injured.

i can't remember us not looking solid for two months. we had a run of poor results and some lackluster performances but i'd say the one thing we've been this year that we haven't in previous years is solid. we're not always the prettiest on the eye going forward but we don't ship loads of goals anymore and every player seems to know where his position is.

for all pardew's flaws he has made us difficult to beat. something we haven't been for a long time.

I'm coming round to rapey, IMO the reason he persists with Obe rather than HBA is a message to HBA "I'll play a worse player who is willing to put a shift in" HBA doesn't seem to want to do the hard graft and vanishes when we are on the back foot, we need him to get stuck in, we can't carry an extra player, regardless of how good he is

I'm praying every match that HBA starts and that he's knuckling down in training and putting the graft in

Reports today that Pardew wants to manage England at some point, but wants to manage abroad before. Sounds to me like he's opening the door for offers to come in. And there was me thinking that we might have uncovered our own Fergie.

I don't blame him though. No control over outgoings, having to beg for incomings etc etc

Its just a matter of time

:lol: forgive me for not shitting my pants about this news.

We're only sat in 6th, joint with Arsenal and 4 points behind Chelsea. Its not like he's done anything for us...

How is that any different to any other manager?

Most managers don't openly talk about it to the press.

If he went to a bigger and better side than us then I will have no complaints. If he goes to Liverpool or somewhere like that, who are not much better than us, if at all I will go mental.

Spot on. Liverpool isn't really a step up, maybe a small one due to the larger transfer budget, would be a pointless move. If it was to a big club like Man Utd or Arsenal I'd say fair enough. I don't like Pardew at all but he's a good manager.