Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you make of his "inside knowlegde" CT...theres stuff in there you can only get from having a good relationship with the staff at the club you're covering. Its hardly earth shattering stuff, but you know its been sanctioned from the changing room. Access like that has to be worked on and you dont get it by slaughtering the manager.

That's my point. He's not going to do a balanced Pardew piece.

Best we come on here and read your stuff if we want a balanced view. You're balanced in the sense that you sit on both sides of the argument simultaneously, like a great big fat pair of twins on a seesaw. :razz:

That's my point. He's not going to do a balanced Pardew piece.

Bird said Pardew has fucked certain things up this season in his piece, dont think anyone would disagree with him or you on that. What you then get is Pardew's take on these things such as the set piece thing etc etc...his piece is balanced, you appear to want a hatchet job. Not going to happen.

Edited by PaddockLad

Bird said Pardew has certain fucked things up this season in his piece, dont think anyone would disagree with him or you on that. What you then get is Pardew's take on these things such as the set piece thing etc etc...his piece is balanced, you appear to want a hatchet job. Not going to happen.

He doesn't say that at all!

He talks about "tactics tweaked".

He highlights a lot of the problems but falls shirt of saying where the blame lies.

Just look at his sunderland bit. Alan noticed the poor work rate so worked on it for the West Brom game!!!

:lol:

It's been missing most of the season man.

It's not Pardews fault we have been crap at set pieces it's that we need more big men in the summer.

It's all excuses and bollocks.

It's not a case of what sort of article I would like, it's a case of if he's going to tackle the issue he should do it properly not feeding shit like the two examples I gave.

Given they need to stay onside they would be better off leaving alone altogether .

Pardew could have written that (possibly did) ;)

He doesn't say that at all!

He talks about "tactics tweaked".

He highlights a lot of the problems but falls shirt of saying where the blame lies.

Just look at his sunderland bit. Alan noticed the poor work rate so worked on it for the West Brom game!!!

:lol:

It's been missing most of the season man.

It's not Pardews fault we have been crap at set pieces it's that we need more big men in the summer.

It's all excuses and bollocks.

It's not a case of what sort of article I would like, it's a case of if he's going to tackle the issue he should do it properly not feeding shit like the two examples I gave.

Given they need to stay onside they would be better off leaving alone altogether .

Pardew could have written that (possibly did) ;)

You said the article wasnt balanced before you moved the goalposts...again...

If you dont agree with the sdpin coming out here then thats fine. But it is balanced.

This:

]But the reality is Newcastle deserve a load of criticism for many of their performances and mistakes[/b]. Changes need to be made, tactics tweaked, attitudes sharpened up.

They do not deserve fickle supporters calling for root and branch upheaval of the management team.

is basically implicit criticism of Pardew. He makes those calls, but Bird stops short of caliing him personally fuckin useless as he wants to maintain a relationship.

This:

But the reality is Newcastle deserve a load of criticism for many of their performances and mistakes. Changes need to be made, tactics tweaked, attitudes sharpened up.

They do not deserve fickle supporters calling for root and branch upheaval of the management team.

blances the criticism.

You can disagree if you want with the points, but as a piece of journalism it is balanced.

Edited by PaddockLad

You said the article wasnt balanced before you moved the goalposts...again...

If you dont agree with the sdpin coming out here then thats fine. But it is balanced.

This:

is basically implicit criticism of Pardew. He makes those calls, but Bird stops short of caliing him personally fuckin useless as he wants to maintain a relationship.

This:

blances the criticism.

You can disagree if you want with the points, but as a piece of journalism it is balanced.

The only bit that you have quoted that clearly ties in to Pardew is the "tactics tweaked" bit. The rest could easily be meant for owners, players etc.

As for the set piece excuse and sunderland lack of effort, but Alan noticed it bit.... really? You're buying that?

The only bit that you have quoted that clearly ties in to Pardew is the "tactics tweaked" bit. The rest could easily be meant for owners, players etc.

As for the set piece excuse and sunderland lack of effort, but Alan noticed it bit.... really? You're buying that?

You dont understand what you stated in the first place. You said it was unbalanced, as a piece of journalism its plainly not.

I happen to agree with some of the points you make, but one mans excuse is another mans valid point. We're allowed to say "no thats bollocks Alan". Whether we can than back it up is another question. But the point remains. the article balances crticism,reasons and the journo's own conclusions. We're allowed to disagree with the reasons, thats fine.

You dont understand what you stated in the first place. You said it was unbalanced, as a piece of journalism its plainly not.

I happen to agree with some of the points you make, but one mans excuse is another mans valid point. We're allowed to say "no thats bollocks Alan". Whether we can than back it up is another question. But the point remains. the article balances crticism,reasons and the journo's own conclusions. We're allowed to disagree with the reasons, thats fine.

we'll have to disagree then.

I certainly hope that if he does stay the tactics are a lot more than tweaked :lol:

I'm not sure in all honesty but I think it suites people's agenda against Ashley to say that he wouldn't offer a manager more than what Pardew is currently on. Look at the evolution of our signings for that to be proven.

People also kept on saying that Ashley wouldn't pay whatever Coloccini wanted to sign a new contract and he did.

yes because contract details are never leaked or speculated on and we might be willing to buy ronaldo , but history and current deals dispute that.

Currently we haven't and i don't see why it should change hence my point.

do you see us offering around treble what he's on now, so about 3million a year for someone? (which is what Moyes is on or Redknapp is on at QPR for example)

Pardew's basic is very low, but he has a very generous performance related element to his deal. If he finished in the top 5 again, he'd easily be earning £3m per year, without a shadow of a doubt. If he finishes in 17th place, his bonus will be virtually nothing and his pay packet will reflect that.

And you should know better than most that statistics can be moulded to fit most viewpoints.

Then why not provide evidence to back up your claims/assertions to refute HF's?

Then why not provide evidence to back up your claims/assertions to refute HF's?

Simples, that would take up valuable time and after various exchanges Pardew would still be a mediocre manager.

Futility.

Edited by Christmas Tree

I must say, whether I like Pardew's tactics or not (and most on the board would have to scratch their heads at times) I would take stability in management any day over swapping managers every 5 minutes. Pardew can and will improve. The players can and will improve (Obertan with exception). I'd rather see that with stability over chopping and changing.

I wouldn't expect any significant improvement from players, given that half of them have been injured for long spells.

Improvement comes with stability and familiarity of surroundings. We've been ravaged by injury this season and its not allowed us to play a settled side for any length of time. You know its been a bad one when you lose your keeper through two separate injuries.