Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The type of football Blanc likes to play is just as negative as Pardew so if we are going to replace him I'd rather that it wasn't with somebody of a similar defensive mindset.

I'd have Rafa Benitez me personally. Worked wonders with a club like Liverpool if you think about. Champions League winners?! Liverpool?!?!?! In modern football. Just incredible. Plus he had them second top, we could do worse than Rafa IF Pardew ever goes.

I'd have Rafa Benitez me personally. Worked wonders with a club like Liverpool if you think about. Champions League winners?! Liverpool?!?!?! In modern football. Just incredible. Plus he had them second top, we could do worse than Rafa IF Pardew ever goes.

we certainly could, whether we could do that well to start with is up for debate though

we certainly could, whether we could do that well to start with is up for debate though

Sacked at Inter, ridiculed at Chelsea. I don't know a bigger club than us who would have him, other than Liverpool if they sacked Rodgers (and reading their forums many want him sacked).

They have been.

Sack talk was daft when he had picked up 15 points from a possible 30.

Top half form.

Didn't Brian McDermott win Manager of the Month at one point too?

The 8 year contract is a funny one isn't it.

Ashley has spent 5 years refining the recruitment policy to ensure that a change of manager does not mean an overhaul of playing staff. He was very explicit after he sacked Allardyce that the club could not sustain replacing a manager every year or two and gifting them tens of millions to rebuild their team, with a loss on the majority of a predecessors buys.

That's the whole reason the manager has so little say on purchases nowadays. You would have thought that the whole foundation was put in place for moments like this when a manager has not been able to get the performances out of the team that their ability/cost suggests they should be capable of. Moments when a refresh is needed tactically, without wholesale structural rebuilding.

Giving the bloke an 8 year contract undermines that effort and suggests that if you are all about stability at any cost, then the man you are putting the utmost faith in should have had more say on the recruits he needs and the investment to realise his own vision.

Not sure I've made my point well. Basically, Ashley set us up so that replacing a manager was not a costly, foundation shaking change....so you'd think he would be happy to bring in a new man. But the contract handed to the manager and the noises about stability fly in the face of that. Just another example of the confused nature of things under Ashley's ownership.

Not sure I've made my point well. Basically, Ashley set us up so that replacing a manager was not a costly, foundation shaking change....so you'd think he would be happy to bring in a new man. But the contract handed to the manager and the noises about stability fly in the face of that. Just another example of the confused nature of things under Ashley's ownership.

Pardew is only due a one year pay off on termination, isn't he? Plus he's apparently on a low basic wage so he wouldn't be due a massive severance package.

I reckon the owners desperately want some stability at the club, our finish last year has earned Pardew enough credit to ensure he gets another crack at it next year but I can't see them hesitating to let him go should we suffer a poor start to next season.

I reckon the owners desperately want some stability at the club, our finish last year has earned Pardew enough credit to ensure he gets another crack at it next year but I can't see them hesitating to let him go should we suffer a poor start to next season.

Spot on imo as far as Ashley is concerned. And lets not forget he's tried bringing in a fresh face to stave off relegation and that didnt go to well.

Even the people who dont want to sack Pardew acknowledge hes a mediocre manager. I would hope for those reasons alone Ashley tries to recruit someone of the calibre to take us on as a club. I would much rather that was a planned and good appointment than a knee jerk November scramble.

Extra players in the summer may paper over some of Pardews inadequacies and produce better results, but is that what we really want.

That's well summed up HF. Most modern football managers/coaches now are just another "middle manager" in a corporate set up. My mates old man has retired as Facilities Manager at Southampton FC. Since Nicola Cortese came to the club the coach was seen as pretty much on the same level as him, which as you say is all down to the emphasis being changed over the years from a "top to bottom" manager to the bloke in the tracksuit who picks the side, made up of players picked by his superiors. It makes sense in a lot of ways iyam. Lots of clubs are now run like this, but the coaches don't last long if results are poor. As Ant & Ewerk say, its not going to cost a lot to get rid of Pardew. Thing is, if he thinks he'll get a better manager on the same terms then whoever gets the job of finding him one will need to be a fuckin miracle worker.

Aye, think it's pretty much accepted that the 8 year deal is one to favour the club if anyone else were to take an interest in Pardew, not so much one that offers pardew a great sum if we were to let him go.

Just think it's interesting how the club try to spin these things in a way contrary to what they've stated before. If they have no qualms about cutting Pardew adrift, and they are putting out feelers to other managers i wonder how many actually worth their salt respond positively to a similar contract so heavily weighted in favour of the club.

EDIT: Or what PL said :)

Aye, think it's pretty much accepted that the 8 year deal is one to favour the club if anyone else were to take an interest in Pardew, not so much one that offers pardew a great sum if we were to let him go.

Just think it's interesting how the club try to spin these things in a way contrary to what they've stated before. If they have no qualms about cutting Pardew adrift, and they are putting out feelers to other managers i wonder how many actually worth their salt respond positively to a similar contract so heavily weighted in favour of the club.

EDIT: Or what PL said :)

Carr finds the players - but they also go past Pardew -

That'll probably also go through Llambias criteria.

''Right lads we've got £0.5m to replace Demba...GO!''