Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I normally complain about people leaving before the end or booing, and although I couldn't bring myself to do either, I fully understand why people did both of those things yesterday.

I won't be forgetting my 16th birthday in a hurry.

We were having a good laugh at the end, "ole" and that. Sang more at 6 down than at 2 down. Had to laugh when Taylor and Cabaye came over to applaud the support after the whistle. Thought they'd be too ashamed.

The lads in the West corner were loving it.

Singing about Nolan, Martins, Nicky Butt etc :lol:

Most of the Leazes Corner should be sterilised, ten year old spiceboys singing 'Sign on' - I forgot we live in an economic hotbed with plenty of jobs to go round.

Edited by TheDimpleboy

They are products of their environment tbf - just doing what they watched older lads do.

I feel sorry for them, when I was a kid we were fucking class*

*for a while

They are products of their environment tbf - just doing what they watched older lads do.

I feel sorry for them, when I was a kid we were fucking class*

*for a while

Aye, some cretin behind me was singin 'in your Liverpool slums', after the 6th goal went in. Fucking embarrassing

Liverpool is quite decent tbh. Good night out in the cavern club :banana:

Every time I've been out in Liverpool I've been amazed at how many beggars there are.

Last time, some Scouse , well dressed and obviously not short of cash , tried to bum a cigarette in a cuntish manner. When I pointed out the kiosk 20yds away that sold them he got seriously shitty with me, to the point where blows were thrown.

Fortunately there was a copper van who'd been watching the whole thing, so in seconds they were there, sent me on my way, and picked him up and gave him a fucking bollocking :lol:

Eight-year itch: Alan Pardew long-term deal looks rash as Newcastle surrender to Liverpool

by simon bird

“Alan Pardew is allowed a bad season...”

So said Newcastle United MD Derek Llambias in October when, emboldened by a fifth place finish and desperate for a new era of “stability,” Pardew was handed an eight-year contract.

The problem is Pardew has gone from manager of the year, to manager of a team of disorganised mugs in just 12 months.

It’s a decline faster than even the gloomiest and most experienced of St James’ Park doom-mongers could have expected.

There have been many numbing moments there in modern times. Relegation, Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer fighting each other, Sir Bobby Robson being sacked having finishing fifth.

This humiliation, the worst home defeat for 88 years, is right up there with the worst. It leaves Pardew with an uphill task of convincing a growing section of supporters that he deserves their dwindling faith.

This wasn’t just a defeat, it was a surrender.

Any semblance of pride, fight, discipline, backbone and spirit went missing after the third Liverpool goal.

This was supposed to be a group of players energised and determined after a solid week on the training ground. No Europa League excuse this time.

It was supposed to be a team smarting to put right the last disastrous home game, that 3-0 loss to Sunderland. Supposed to be a team fighting for their Premier League lives, just five points above ­third-bottom Wigan who have a game in hand.

Geordies supporting Sunderland? They should be tonight when Paolo Di Canio’s men face fourth-bottom Aston Villa. Is there any point in sacking Pardew with three games left? ­Probably not. Wield the axe in the summer? Pardew has some pleading to do, to fans and board, to restore ­credibility.

Newcastle have, on paper, a talented squad. They showed as much in a stirring show against Benfica just two games ago.

But since then, and for a long period during the winter months, their ­performances suggest the opposite.

What is going wrong? Too many aimless floated, lazy high balls to Papiss Cisse. Two players press to recover the ball, but are let down by the third-closest not ­bothering.

Hopeless defending, with Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa ­repeatedly being sucked into midfield and full-backs leaving acres of space behind them. Newcastle have conceded 66 goals, the worst record in the ­division.

Team selections that many fans find bizarre. If Pardew wants a technical passing team, why select James Perch ahead of Vurnon Anita?

Jonas Gutierrez works hard, but his lack of end product is becoming chronic. A half-fit Hatem Ben Arfa or Yoan Gouffran would surely do better.

Yohan Cabaye needs help because he’s being targeted by opponents as the man to stifle. He looks frustrated by it all. Moussa Sissoko is a shadow of his early powerful performances.

Are the French contingent proving that old English cliche true, that their ­nationality lack fight?

How valuable would a Kevin Nolan character be in the dressing room right now, narking, cajoling and pestering team-mates.

Pardew fronted up after the match and even answered the inevitable question about being sacked with dignity.

He said: “I genuinely believe we have enough quality to get the points we need. If I don’t get a response from the players I will be disappointed.

“A lot of them have never lost 3-0 at home before, never mind six, and that showed when we were 3-0 down. Some of our play was naive and ­disorganised.

“I am angry but have to channel it in the right way. There are people who will look at us on TV and think we have a great chance of being relegated. We have to prove that wrong.”

Unused substitute Shola Ameobi was sent out by Toon to offer a sobering reminder of relegation four years ago, and how that happened.

His team-mates should listen. Ameobi said: “It doesn’t matter how good a team you are, it’s about how much you want it, how hard you want to work and how much you want to win.

“The team that wants it most and fights for it the most will usually win. That’s what we need. We have not done our jobs

“Should fans be worried? The players are worried. In the next three games, we can use this to spark us, and give us a kick up the backside. Nobody is too good to go down, as we found out last time.”

How they rated:

Man of the Match: Coutinho

Newcastle: Elliot 0, Debuchy 0, Steven Taylor 0, Yanga-Mbiwa 0, Haidara 0, Sissoko 0, Tiote 0 (Anita 65 0), Cabaye 1, Perch 0 (Ben Arfa 46 0), Gutierrez 0 (Gouffran 46 0), Cisse 0.

Liverpool: Reina 7, Johnson 8, Carragher 7, Agger 8, Jose Enrique 7, Henderson 8, Gerrard 7 (Borini 72 7), Lucas 7, Coutinho 8 (Suso 84), Sturridge 8 (Shelvey 84), Downing.

In Ashley's hands...

Pardew has admitted his future is in Mike Ashley’s hands.

The Newcastle boss is hoping Ashley and MD Derek Llambias back him to get Newcastle to safety in their last three matches.

And asked if he expected to be sacked, Pardew said: “That is out of my hands, isn’t it? My job, until I am told otherwise, is to lift this team and make it as good as it can be for next week’s game against West Ham.”

Asked if Ashley still backed him, Pardew added: “I hope so, yes. I think that’s the ­heaviest defeat I have had as a manager.

“For me there were a lot of things I didn’t like but will make sure we put it right.

“I have no problem getting the flak.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-0-6-liverpool-fall-fall-1858432

Rightly or wrongly, he's fuckin toast in the summer. Even Mike Ashley will realise that you cant come back from the results we've had in our last two home games and retain the support/trust of the public.

Hopefully QPR will be even less motivated than our fuckin shower. Pardew takes a lot of the blame but some of the players need to look at themsleves too. Its looking the same as 2009. On paper a pretty good squad. On grass fuckin hopeless.