Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My stance is that Hughton wasn't the greatest, it's just that Pardew looks like utter dogshit. So we've treated a decent man like shite to bring in a crony who imo will take the club backwards. In addition this may be enough to fragment a paper thin squad, whether through Ashley selling or players jumping ship. So I don't see any reason to look on the bright side, until such time as Pardew and Ashley prove me wrong

People boycuotting pies/pints/merchandise...

I'm sure we had this discussion when KK was fucked over, but won't this just hurt the club? I doubt Ashley is taking a big wage from the club, and I'd have thought that type of revenue goes towards day-to-day running costs or wages/transfer kitty. Will the fat fuck just lay-off more staff?

People boycuotting pies/pints/merchandise...

I'm sure we had this discussion when KK was fucked over, but won't this just hurt the club? I doubt Ashley is taking a big wage from the club, and I'd have thought that type of revenue goes towards day-to-day running costs or wages/transfer kitty. Will the fat fuck just lay-off more staff?

Interesting point. However, its more of a protest than anything.

Alan Pardew will be named Newcastle boss on Thursday morning - but faces a major task in winning over bewildered Geordie supporters.

The ex-Reading, West Ham and Charlton boss flew to Tyneside on Wednesday and spent the night at Slaley Hall, Northumberland ironing out the final details of his task in talks with United MD Derek Llambias.

Some Newcastle supporters are fuming that Pardew is set to replace sacked Chris Hughton, with some talking of protests against owner Mike Ashley at the Liverpool game on Saturday.

But the reality is that Pardew has been handed a long term deal to show he is the man that players and fans can rally behind.

Pardew, who will pen a £700,000-a-year contract that features bonuses for hitting targets including survival in the top flight, is still negotiating with Newcastle over his backroom staff.

Ray Lewington is on his list as a No2 with Andy Woodman, currently League One side Charlton's goalkeeper coach, also wanted, along with other scientific staff. The club are keen for Peter Beardsley to have a senior role, to groom him for the future.

Newcastle ruled out a move for Germany and Spurs legend Jurgen Klinsmann, who was the subject of a betting rally on Wednesday afternoon. Sources described the rumour as "crazy".

Pardew's first job will be to handle an awkward press conference, in which he will have to tackle the question of fan unrest head on, but the club are confident he will be given a fair crack given that the turmoil created by Hughton's sacking was out of his hands.

He only polled less than two per cent of votes in one local newspaper poll asking who should be manager, with Martin O'Neill top on 42 per cent.

The 49-year-old's honeymoon period has ended before he even signed his contract and he has a job on his hands to placate the Geordie fans now that he is Ashley's managerial frontman.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-...17bYLfdJU"" target="_blank">Mirror

I can't argue with that at all. I do wonder if it will harm the club more than him.

Maybe he might fuck off sooner though with it if it's making huge losses. Keep an eye out on the club website/Craigs List after the Pool game to see if he's lashed the club up for sale again.

Ok here is the bottom line. We wont get rid of Ashley if we do nothing that is a fact. We mignt get rid of him if we do something. I prefer might to wont. The club may have to suffer in the short term to benefit in the long term. Like getting relegated got rid of the dead wood on the playing staff a drop in fan revenue might force Ashley's hand. There is only one guarantee and that is the one I started with. Do nothing and Ashley will stay and milk his cow forever!

I'm sure Chris would have been happy on £700k per annum. ;)

Nearly 3 times what he was on. I bet Lewington gets more than Hughton was on.

I'd like to know what Llambias is on, a fair wedge i reckon.

No idea but I'd guess he's on more than £700k. Earns it though <_<

Listening to the Radio last night and by all accounts Pardew is an arrogant over self confident cocky fucker. they were laughing saying that he is like that and coming to Newcastle and that the fans (thats us!) dont suffer fools and we wouldnt buy into him going on like that.

Going to make and interesting press conference like to see what he has to say.

This is the bit you need to carry with you. ;)

It's the same bet he tried to offer peasepud - a bet on whether Hughton's in a job at Christmas and the loser fucks off for 6 months. I do think that if he's not prepared to risk that on his faith in Fat Mike, he's got nowt left to say. I'm certainly prepared to risk it on my lack of faith in him.

Sound familiar? Funny how you have so much faith in Ashley now when you didn't have enough then.

Would you like a little wager on whether Pardew, if appointed, lasts until the end of the season? Loser takes a 6 month break? I'm always up for it.

The thing your always up for is talking bollocks.... and we both know it.

I made a post about Hughton, I dont remember it including any comments about "so much faith in Ashley". Why dont you re-read the post and either argue about whats written, but dont start making stuff up fella. <_<

CT. Who's the bird in your avatar??

Stevies lass, but keep it stum :)

No idea but I'd guess he's on more than £700k. Earns it though <_<

Well, depending on if its a red or black weekend eh. Or is "Odds" more apt.