Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Simple question CT - Do you think Pardew is a better manager than Hughton?

Yes.

Simple question for you.

As you thinks he's not, tell me in footballing terms why Hughtons better.

Never been relegated from premiership,

never shagged a players wife (or at least never been caught)

never turned up drunk for training.

never been sacked by a Division 1 club.

Has beaten Sunderland 5-1 and Villa 6-0 in the same season

Has beaten Arsenal away.

Now show me the proof that Pardew is better.

Tbf you know exactly my point and rather than give it serious argument you throw tripe like that up. (Your choice though)

The gang of four were probably responsible for last season and I would guess that Chris just carried on coaching with a few media duties thrown in as well. I dont see any evidence of anything different.

all during last season and pre season, the conversations on here were that he was not good enough for the prem and that he would be gone by Christmas.

Even this season we have discussed how he perseveres with players when everyone else can see its not working.

He hasnt appeared to show hes a great tactician.

Or that he makes good use of substitutions to change a game.

Or that he's a brilliant man motivator.

In hindsight in appears that he has also just been a yes man.

Do I think Pardew will do any of the above better, probably.

Its quite suprising how so few on here cant seem to rest their emotions to one side, sit back and think about things in reality.

Parky can do it (but knows not to go too far :razz: ), Chez does it very well and even Happy Face talks sense.

The Hystrionic brigade though.....Dear me.

Its a wonder no ones ever done a Dennis Wise in your taxi. Do one.

Yes.

Simple question for you.

Has beaten Arsenal away.

Tbf you know exactly my point and rather than give it serious argument you throw tripe like that up. (Your choice though)

The gang of four were probably responsible for last season and I would guess that Chris just carried on coaching with a few media duties thrown in as well. I dont see any evidence of anything different.

all during last season and pre season, the conversations on here were that he was not good enough for the prem and that he would be gone by Christmas.

Even this season we have discussed how he perseveres with players when everyone else can see its not working.

Its quite suprising how so few on here cant seem to rest their emotions to one side, sit back and think about things in reality.

Parky can do it (but knows not to go too far :razz: ), Chez does it very well and even Happy Face talks sense.

I reckon the solidarity in the side throughout last season after relegation and into this season speaks volumes of his ability to pick the players up.

Edited by JawD

CT, just to test your knowledge here - who were the 'gang of four' you talk about?

That scouse lad whatdyemcallum, n that striker we got from Leeds who only scored 3 last season or something, and Given's deputy that lad from Peterlee.

CT, just to test your knowledge here - who were the 'gang of four' you talk about?

That scouse lad whatdyemcallum, n that striker we got from Leeds who only scored 3 last season or something, and Given's deputy that lad from Peterlee.

I only ask because he claims to know what happened but he's listed Barton as being one of them.

Yes.

Simple question for you.

Has beaten Arsenal away.

I reckon the solidarity in the side throughout last season after relegation and into this season speaks volumes of his ability to pick the players up.

You've heard from Chris and the gang of four that it was them who held a no holds barred meeting after the Aldershot game and put the do or die togetherness in place. Nolan even said it was him that ran the dressing room.

Short memories.

CT, you know one of the senior pros you're on about? One of the ones who was vocal in this meeting you mention and who is still responsible for the team spirit. You do realise he left the club in the summer don't you? :razz:

Yes.

Simple question for you.

Has beaten Arsenal away.

You've heard from Chris and the gang of four that it was them who held a no holds barred meeting after the Aldershot game and put the do or die togetherness in place. Nolan even said it was him that ran the dressing room.

Short memories.

What about picking the side up after heavy defeats? You'll be saying that was Nolan as well I suspect?

I've got nothing against Pardew. Yet. Plainly many fans have. But surely even you can see the timing and manner of CH's departure is wrong.

But tell me something. We're in 12th now and Pardew is to bring in an improvment. How much further up the table do you expect him to finish?

You've heard from Chris and the gang of four that it was them who held a no holds barred meeting after the Aldershot game and put the do or die togetherness in place.

Short memories.

No-one's forgotten that. What's your point though ? Was Hughton a bad manager to encourage it? Senior players forming a tight and determined bond together?

Would you have preferred a Souness type iron fist where any contribution from players gets crushed quick smart?

Nolan even said it was him that ran the dressing room.

Quote please.

CT, you know one of the senior pros you're on about? One of the ones who was vocal in this meeting you mention and who is still responsible for the team spirit. You do realise he left the club in the summer don't you? :razz:

This would be a good time to pick up the radio and pretend you're distracted by a message from dispatch, CT.

Yes.

Simple question for you.

Has beaten Arsenal away.

Short memories.

it was Orient like pal...

Yes.

Simple question for you.

Has beaten Arsenal away.

Short memories.

We've never played Aldershot in our history you fool.

"The current situation is not the fault of the players, and they will be supported from the stands providing that they give the effort required when you wear that famous shirt. However, Newcastle fans are never going to get behind the current regime, because they have seen too much evidence of things they don't like."

Nail on head.

Tomorrow I hope to join in plenty of pro-Hughton, pro-team and anti-Ashley chants.

And if anyone's on the back row of the East stand, how about bringing along a flag and hanging it over the last two letters of the new Sports Direct hoardings? Same goes for anywhere else in the ground near SD branding for that matter. :razz:

"The current situation is not the fault of the players, and they will be supported from the stands providing that they give the effort required when you wear that famous shirt. However, Newcastle fans are never going to get behind the current regime, because they have seen too much evidence of things they don't like."

Nail on head.

Tomorrow I hope to join in plenty of pro-Hughton, pro-team and anti-Ashley chants.

And if anyone's on the back row of the East stand, how about bringing along a flag and hanging it over the last two letters of the new Sports Direct hoardings? Same goes for anywhere else in the ground near SD branding for that matter. :razz:

Will we see any sort of pro-Hughton goal celebrations from the players (if we score obviously) - I mean T-shirts under the strip etc???

Yes.

Simple question for you.

Has beaten Arsenal away.

Short memories.

What about picking the side up after heavy defeats? You'll be saying that was Nolan as well I suspect?

I've got nothing against Pardew. Yet. Plainly many fans have. But surely even you can see the timing and manner of CH's departure is wrong.

But tell me something. We're in 12th now and Pardew is to bring in an improvment. How much further up the table do you expect him to finish?

Its a tough one though isnt it. Last year a few on here were saying great for getting us up but no good for the prem.

Can you imagine if they sacked him a week after promotion?

What about once the window had closed in January? (imagine the shit storm then)

What about after 5-1?

Its clear they didnt want him so really I cant see when else would have been right.

With regard to Pardew, the fact that THEY TRUST HIM means he will get the coaching staff he wants in and will probably get money to spend. Those two points alone will benefit our chances of improving.

It also seems that players are coming out saying good things about Pardews management skill rather than knocking them.

I've been on this board nearly four year, four year too long for some granted, but no including Fop and Danny B has needed to pipe down more.

Yes.

Simple question for you.

Has beaten Arsenal away.

Short memories.

it was Orient like pal...

:razz: Thats the one. Cheers

Yes.

Simple question for you.

Has beaten Arsenal away.

Short memories.

Its a tough one though isnt it. Last year a few on here were saying great for getting us up but no good for the prem.

Can you imagine if they sacked him a week after promotion?

What about once the window had closed in January? (imagine the shit storm then)

What about after 5-1?

Its clear they didnt want him so really I cant see when else would have been right.

With regard to Pardew, the fact that THEY TRUST HIM means he will get the coaching staff he wants in and will probably get money to spend. Those two points alone will benefit our chances of improving.

It also seems that players are coming out saying good things about Pardews management skill rather than knocking them.

We're in 12th now and Pardew is to bring in an improvment. How much further up the table do you expect him to finish?