Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you drunk yet Leazes? I'm not judging you, just looking to re-calibrate my stupidity meter.

not a bit Gemmill. Are you, as you surely were for all those months you kept encouraging the club to give Souness more and more millions ?

Actually, you sound pretty drunk quite often, which is quite surprising for someone who isn't bothered enough to go to games anymore ie since whatever attracted you was taken away ?

Unlike your silly childish comment, I am actually making a relevant point in those comments of mine ?

Evening Sir

Had a few have we? Would you mind blowing into this bag?

Your erratic English gives me cause to believe you are typing under the influence.

Pffffffffftttt-cough-wheeze-pffffffffffffffffffft.

Oh Dear Mr. Leazes, step out of the keyboard please.

already been asked. Answer is no. Would you like a lemonade lad ?

Kinky bitch

well, I'm away to see a man in a pub in about 45 minutes if you do :razz:

It makes me sick to see this guy has been given a 5 and a half year contract when Hughton actually deserved just that.

The way Hughton has been treated is beyond belief. Pardew's biggest achievement is actually less than Hughton's since Hughton got us up automatically.

I'm finding this impossible to comprehend. Why him? What's he done to deserve this?

Edited by Tecato

Are you drunk yet Leazes? I'm not judging you, just looking to re-calibrate my stupidity meter.

not a bit Gemmill. Are you, as you surely were for all those months you kept encouraging the club to give Souness more and more millions ?

Actually, you sound pretty drunk quite often, which is quite surprising for someone who isn't bothered enough to go to games anymore ie since whatever attracted you was taken away ?

Unlike your silly childish comment, I am actually making a relevant point in those comments of mine ?

Evening Sir

Had a few have we? Would you mind blowing into this bag?

Your erratic English gives me cause to believe you are typing under the influence.

Pffffffffftttt-cough-wheeze-pffffffffffffffffffft.

Oh Dear Mr. Leazes, step out of the keyboard please.

already been asked. Answer is no. Would you like a lemonade lad ?

Kinky bitch

well, I'm away to see a man in The Yard in about 45 minutes if you do :razz:

Double Kinky Bitch!

Well, the dust has now settled for me and in the cold light of day my thoughts are

- the appointment of Pardew makes no sense

- the 5 1/2 yr contract makes no sense

- Pardew is not up to it and doomed to failure

- the owner and his MD are fucking idiotic wankers

- the whole thing is dodgy and should be investigated

- Hughton was treated disgracefully

- my enthusiasm for the club has just died on its arse. Again.

- I hate Ashley. And Llambias. And now Pardew.

- I'm back to praying for a rich Arab/Russian/Yank to buy out Ashley.

Unfortunately I resent Pardew and reading through his shitekawk platitudes, I hate him already. If I feel like that God knows how the players feel. I hope he works out but I fear for the future of the club.

It makes me sick to see this guy has been given a 5 and a half year contract when Hughton actually deserved just that.

The way Hughton has been treated is beyond belief. Pardew's biggest achievement is actually less than Hughton's since Hughton got us up automatically.

I'm finding this impossible to comprehend. Why him? What's he done to deserve this?

he deserves better treatment, no doubt about it. Just wish him all the best is all we can do.

Thats what I call a lot of catching up to do ie reading all of that.

FWIW.....I don't see the point of booing Pardew or taking it all out on him, just because he's a "cunt".

Surely we all hope he does a good job ?

I'm not advocating a boycott, that achieves nothing. The only way Ashley will go is if he gets a good offer that suits him, or long term apathy.

The events of this week have underlined he is clueless, not because he has replaced a manager with another manager, but because the policy of the club will not change. Even Mourhinho would struggle to put together a consistently winning team with his hands tied.

I don't agree with long term contracts, never have, for any manager.

How long of this 5 years will Pardew last, and no I'm not going to take the piss by harping on about "plans", but would like to know if this is a "plan", what exactly is the aim at the end of this plan, and is he going to stick with his "plan" for the whole 5 years or not ?

Time will tell.

As a policy, you appoint a manager, back him, and it's him who has his "plan". The manager is given a free hand, he is the person who decides on the back room staff, how many he wants, what they do, and who they are. If Ashley wants a profit making football club in 5 years time and Pardew achieves that then Ashley has no reason to sack him before that time. It depends on what his aims are as the owner. Does it suit you ? If fucking well doesn't suit me. Not a bit.

This isn't Alan Pardews fault though. If you want to go to the game on Saturday, he doesn't deserve booing. Only Ashley and his mouthpiece deserve that.

Sensible post that like Leazes. :razz:

FWIW.....I don't see the point of booing Pardew or taking it all out on him, just because he's a "cunt".

I'm not advocating a boycott, that achieves nothing. The only way Ashley will go is if he gets a good offer that suits him, or long term apathy.

The events of this week have underlined he is clueless, not because he has replaced a manager with another manager, but because the policy of the club will not change. Even Mourhinho would struggle to put together a consistently winning team with his hands tied.

How long of this 5 years will Pardew last, and no I'm not going to take the piss by harping on about "plans", but would like to know if this is a "plan", what exactly is the aim at the end of this plan, and is he going to stick with his "plan" for the whole 5 years or not ?

Time will tell.

As a policy, you appoint a manager, back him, and it's him who has his "plan". The manager is given a free hand, he is the person who decides on the back room staff, how many he wants, what they do, and who they are. If Ashley wants a profit making football club in 5 years time and Pardew achieves that then Ashley has no reason to sack him before that time. It depends on what his aims are as the owner. Does it suit you ? If fucking well doesn't suit me. Not a bit.

This isn't Alan Pardews fault though. If you want to go to the game on Saturday, he doesn't deserve booing. Only Ashley and his mouthpiece deserve that.

Sensible post that like Leazes. :razz:

It's not though really is it. The fact is managers are ex-players. Ones that didn't go into higher education or fuck all like that. Look at that Pardew affair thread, read his emails, his spelling is disgusting. To suggest that millionaires and billionaires shouldn't have a plan and just blindly back an uneducated ex-footballer is by and large one of the stupidest things I've ever seen suggested.

Time will tell.

Fair comment.

Mashleys first goal is stopping the club losing money and bringing financial stability (he's well on the way) to his investment (otherwise selling is a lot harder). With respect to this he is looking for a low maintenance squad that has enough about it to survive in the PL this season. The problem with this strategy is that it is high risk with no long term benefits as such (mainly if your rivals continue to spend, you continue to fall behind competitively). With guys like MA you have to look hard for clues and they tend to come in two forms: Ego defence (hiring and sacking KK, buying beers, wearing the Smith shirt). Business instinct (cutting costs, looking for players with contractual issues, re-writing the rulebook regarding managerial contracts and going against precedent).

If I was a business competitor of MA I would always keep one eye on him, cause although he comes across as furtive and reckless he has a strong survival instinct and isn't interested in playing by the rules (he's laid waste to the sector in which he does his core business and made a lot of cash out of just being ultra destructive to his competition. These kinds of guys are always dangerous and when things go for them the are often unstoppable.

But........What has happened here is that he has entered a buseiness arena (football) which he had no clue about (but shows signs of learning). He made two catastrophic erros ie no due dilligance and underestimating how much football is a good will (customer led) market. That it thrives on expectation and is one of the sole outlets left in England of true male identification with himself, his surrounding and his peer groups. The latter is the hardest for Mashely to understand because he is a true loner, a renegade who has by his own guile made good.

It is a real tragedy for our club that Ashley has the wrong character traits for football, but the right ones for pure business. He has failed to understand his public and this will be his ultimate downfall. Because he can't change.

Leazes will be unable to grasp the basic content of the above btw. He'll interpret it as me claiming that all boardroom plans are successful.

For some really weird reason.

there's a lot of hate on these boards at the moment but i think if everyone took some time out and bought a galaxy cookie crumble then we'd all be happy, these things are hotttttttttttttttttttttttt

howay man!

Leazes will be unable to grasp the basic content of the above btw. He'll interpret it as me claiming that all boardroom plans are successful.

For some really weird reason.

I can't get my head round the idea that the Board's responsibilities for the strategic direction of the club end at appointing the manager. The manager has a key role to play but there's so much more to it than that. I'd expect that most managers including SAF would expect total autonomy over the footballing side (team selection, tactics, training, treatment of injuries etc) and a significant input to player transfers, but very little else. Is that a naive view?

Time will tell.

Fair comment.

Mashleys first goal is stopping the club losing money and bringing financial stability (he's well on the way) to his investment (otherwise selling is a lot harder). With respect to this he is looking for a low maintenance squad that has enough about it to survive in the PL this season. The problem with this strategy is that it is high risk with no long term benefits as such (mainly if your rivals continue to spend, you continue to fall behind competitively). With guys like MA you have to look hard for clues and they tend to come in two forms: Ego defence (hiring and sacking KK, buying beers, wearing the Smith shirt). Business instinct (cutting costs, looking for players with contractual issues, re-writing the rulebook regarding managerial contracts and going against precedent).

If I was a business competitor of MA I would always keep one eye on him, cause although he comes across as furtive and reckless he has a strong survival instinct and isn't interested in playing by the rules (he's laid waste to the sector in which he does his core business and made a lot of cash out of just being ultra destructive to his competition. These kinds of guys are always dangerous and when things go for them the are often unstoppable.

But........What has happened here is that he has entered a buseiness arena (football) which he had no clue about (but shows signs of learning). He made two catastrophic erros ie no due dilligance and underestimating how much football is a good will (customer led) market. That it thrives on expectation and is one of the sole outlets left in England of true male identification with himself, his surrounding and his peer groups. The latter is the hardest for Mashely to understand because he is a true loner, a renegade who has by his own guile made good.

It is a real tragedy for our club that Ashley has the wrong character traits for football, but the right ones for pure business. He has failed to understand his public and this will be his ultimate downfall. Because he can't change.

Another good post. The only bit Im not sure I agree with is his ultimate downfall. He has weathered quite a bit over the last three years both in business and in Football and in both cases it has been the fall and rise. I think his mindset is that he will succeed regardless of the fans.

Appointing Shearer was probably his last desperate act. Everything since (even though we dont agree) has been a calculated gamble.

He felt the Squad was good enough to get promoted. He was right.

He felt Hughton could oversee that promotion. He was right.

He has put rigerous financial controls in place. Which is so far certainly looking right.

He has appointed someone he thinks is btter than Hughton.

I still think he is driven by determination to prove that he can do it his way and stick two fingers up at everyone else. If we stay up the finacial picture for the club continues to blossom and again he will probably make decisions down the road that suit his goal.

He probably also knows that an suitable offer for the club is only a distant possibility. Therefore it is in his interests to make us profitable.

The unanswered question is whether we become succesful as a side effect.

Time will tell.

Fair comment.

Another good post. The only bit Im not sure I agree with is his ultimate downfall. He has weathered quite a bit over the last three years both in business and in Football and in both cases it has been the fall and rise. I think his mindset is that he will succeed regardless of the fans.

Appointing Shearer was probably his last desperate act. Everything since (even though we dont agree) has been a calculated gamble.

He has put rigerous financial controls in place. Which is so far certainly looking right.

I still think he is driven by determination to prove that he can do it his way and stick two fingers up at everyone else. If we stay up the finacial picture for the club continues to blossom and again he will probably make decisions down the road that suit his goal.

He probably also knows that an suitable offer for the club is only a distant possibility. Therefore it is in his interests to make us profitable.

Profitablily and competitive success are distant strangers in a high value market like football. The value of the assets (players) and the wages of good talent makes it very difficult/impossible to have both. Spurs have just about managed it by just sneaking into the CL and having a 50k wage cap for blue chip talent.

But it has taken them 10 years and a succession of good coahces to take them a few yards forward each year. If they hadn't sneaked into the CL they would have had to start cutting back about now (despite a good academy and scouting setup). They have also capitalised on a wayning Liverpool and these opp only come along once a decade or so. Man C are now the new 4th place side if others slip up (think they'll finish second).

What Newcastle can achieve within the the next 5 years or so (if everything goes right) is regular top 7/8 finishes cause the next leap is costs massive money.

What Newcastle can achieve within the the next 5 years or so (if everything goes right)

Literally everything has been done to scupper any sort of chances of progress though. It's the most counter-productive way to run a football club; Spurs have had their heads screwed on for a while and we've been the total opposite. I admire those looking for positives but we're being run by Mike Ashley and managed by Alan Pardew. There shouldn't need to be anymore said.

What Newcastle can achieve within the the next 5 years or so (if everything goes right)

Literally everything has been done to scupper any sort of chances of progress though. It's the most counter-productive way to run a football club; Spurs have had their heads screwed on for a while and we've been the total opposite. I admire those looking for positives but we're being run by Mike Ashley and managed by Alan Pardew. There shouldn't need to be anymore said.

This is my point about Ashley and his inabiltiy to change. We know the KK thing was window dressing while he conspired behind the scenes cost cutting and whatnot and selling key players, so I don;t count the KK ep as Ashely making a move. If MA for one moment recognised the sheer opp in front of him, the absolute jaw dropping potential he's landed this was the moment to go for a MON and the like. It would have been a statement of intent and I don't for a moment believe he can't let go 20m or so cause he can. He just doesn't really get it, but it isn't his fault it is what has bought him success in another arena.

FYP. We've no idea why he appointed Pardoo, have we?

Edited by Kitman

FYP. We've no idea why he appointed Pardoo, have we?

Whatever his reason I can't see that it's got anything to do with success on the pitch.

Time will tell.

Fair comment.

Profitablily and competitive success are distant strangers in a high value market like football. The value of the assets (players) and the wages of good talent makes it very difficult/impossible to have both. Spurs have just about managed it by just sneaking into the CL and having a 50k wage cap for blue chip talent.

But it has taken them 10 years and a succession of good coahces to take them a few yards forward each year. If they hadn't sneaked into the CL they would have had to start cutting back about now (despite a good academy and scouting setup). They have also capitalised on a wayning Liverpool and these opp only come along once a decade or so. Man C are now the new 4th place side if others slip up (think they'll finish second).

What Newcastle can achieve within the the next 5 years or so (if everything goes right) is regular top 7/8 finishes cause the next leap is costs massive money.

I think thats his plan though. I think he (and probably a lot of fans) would snap off the hand of being a team that can compete for Europe over the next five years and maybe even sneak a cup.

It doesnt get us back to our heady heights, but its certainly a doable scenario in his eyes.....(if everything goes right).

All sounds great..... and then you remember Pardew :razz:

I think its fair to say that Spurs last few years havent been a bed of stability. (not in our league, but Jol, Ramos etc).

This is my point about Ashley and his inabiltiy to change. We know the KK thing was window dressing while he conspired behind the scenes cost cutting and whatnot and selling key players, so I don;t count the KK ep as Ashely making a move. If MA for one moment recognised the sheer opp in front of him, the absolute jaw dropping potential he's landed this was the moment to go for a MON and the like. It would have been a statement of intent and I don't for a moment believe he can't let go 20m or so cause he can. He just doesn't really get it, but it isn't his fault it is what has bought him success in another arena.

Not neccesarily. He'll have watched Oneill blow a wad of cash on a lot of shit at Villa (below us in the league btw) and still being no further forward.

Consolidation in the prem has not yet occurred and he will have known that few "big names" would be prepared to work to his financial constraints.

Whay that then left him at Pardews door is a strange one.

However survival this year iirc, puts the club nicely back in the black and he / NUFC will then be in a very strong position either for a sale or further progress.